What do you think of girls that post up half naked pictures

Options

Replies

• TheReese1206
    Options
    I'm big on modesty. I personally think half naked pics are inappropriate.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am a Pastor's wife and have certain standards I live by. That being said, I look @ the pics on here and admire the dedication and hard work that these folks have put into their bodies.

I don't get offended @ a picture of a woman my size and I certainly don't get offended @ someone showing their results. I haven't seen any pics that would offend me or cause me to judge them harshly.

I have very strong Christian beliefs/morals and I have no problem stating them but in this instance I do not agree. I think the pics are beautiful and folks should be proud of all their hard work. I have never worn a bathing suit or anything remotely revealing but I can tell you that when I'm done I sure hope to buy my very first skimpy lingerie for my hubby to see. :)

I say continue please! I need all the encouragement I can get.

A pastors wife here too. I expect there will be a lot of pictures of people wearing bathing suits, sports bras, etc. I personally am not going to be putting one up, but that's me. If the picture is tasteful and highlights the achievements of the person, great! Looking forward to taking some progress pics of my back, I want to see the difference for myself when I get there. :-)

And yeah, the shopping I'll have to do when I'm at my goal size will definitely include lingerie. And a retro style swimsuit. They're just so darn cute!

I know!! I've never owned a bathing suit that anyone could see under the big tshirts I wore. And as for lingerie, never. Just your basic stuff. I fairly certain I'll never post a pic of those items on me but will definately be showing my progress.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Though I am not always comfortable at seeing pictures of strangers in their bra and underwear, those people have worked hard and put a lot of effort into their bodies and are proud of them. If they feel comfortable showing them off more power to them. I wish more would put on a swimsuit instead, but that would be for my level of comfort not theirs. I will still click on the threads of those success stories even knowing I might see yet another stranger in their underwear because it does me good to see other's progress and the fact that it can be done.
  • itztwin
    itztwin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For the reason of motivation, i think its ok. A lot of people are motivated by others pics and not to forgt but that what this site is about. Motivation and Encouragement.
  • itztwin
    itztwin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well put!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I worked very hard to get where I am at today. I will post pics in bikinis (and have posted) because I am proud of what I accomplished. It they are OK for me to wear at the beach / pool, why would they not be OK to post them in a FITNESS/HEALTH type site. If you don't like it, don't look.

I personally like looking at the pictures because I respect and admire the dedication that the person put to get the body they are showing off.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I am a Pastor's wife and have certain standards I live by. That being said, I look @ the pics on here and admire the dedication and hard work that these folks have put into their bodies.

I don't get offended @ a picture of a woman my size and I certainly don't get offended @ someone showing their results. I haven't seen any pics that would offend me or cause me to judge them harshly.

I have very strong Christian beliefs/morals and I have no problem stating them but in this instance I do not agree. I think the pics are beautiful and folks should be proud of all their hard work. I have never worn a bathing suit or anything remotely revealing but I can tell you that when I'm done I sure hope to buy my very first skimpy lingerie for my hubby to see. :)

I say continue please! I need all the encouragement I can get.

A pastors wife here too. I expect there will be a lot of pictures of people wearing bathing suits, sports bras, etc. I personally am not going to be putting one up, but that's me. If the picture is tasteful and highlights the achievements of the person, great! Looking forward to taking some progress pics of my back, I want to see the difference for myself when I get there. :-)

And yeah, the shopping I'll have to do when I'm at my goal size will definitely include lingerie. And a retro style swimsuit. They're just so darn cute!

I know!! I've never owned a bathing suit that anyone could see under the big tshirts I wore. And as for lingerie, never. Just your basic stuff. I fairly certain I'll never post a pic of those items on me but will definately be showing my progress.

I'm sure he wouldnt mind you getting a lace nightie to wear in your current size. You can surprise him and tell him you wanted to give him a reason to burst into the Hallelujah chorus. :wink: :bigsmile:
  • dotmertsky
    Options
    trashy
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    This is a forum for getting into shape and having the freedom to be narcissistic without public backlash......thus if these persons (women or men) want to show off what they have worked diligently to obtain...more power to them!!!!:happy:

Agreed.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    It depends on what is covered and what isn't. According to the MFP guidelines this is what's not acceptable. Which, btw, we see violated every day in every post. I guess they can then pick and choose.

- no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
  • beautybandit1
    Options
    I'm all for people feeling excited about wanting to show off their progress for fitness, but I just feel like some of it is in bad taste. I guess as long as you feel comfortable with it, then go for it? But in my opinion, if I see the site or mag its in, I just don't look at it.....
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    People are jealous, damn! Get over yourselves if you don't like it don't look at it. As for me, wish I had a body like that.
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    It depends on what is covered and what isn't. According to the MFP guidelines this is what's not acceptable. Which, btw, we see violated every day in every post. I guess they can then pick and choose.

- no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress

This takes all the fun out of the pictures. Especially the men with their arm in a specific angle. Thank you for the pics, keep posting. hahaha
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is a forum for getting into shape and having the freedom to be narcissistic without public backlash......thus if these persons (women or men) want to show off what they have worked diligently to obtain...more power to them!!!!:happy:

^^^^ This!!

I don't know about you, but there's a lot more to be proud re: getting into shape than showing off my "hot bod." I'd rather show off what I can lift, or how far I can run, etc. I'd rather feel better.

I don't get all worked up about it on here, but really . . . "fitspo" is just thinspo in a sports bra.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    People are jealous, damn! Get over yourselves if you don't like it don't look at it. As for me, wish I had a body like that.

Exactly. You wish you had a body like that; do you think looking at pictures of other people's so-called "good bodies" is going to get you there? Probably not; it's just going to make you feel negatively about your own body.

I'm really not jealous at all. There is just a huge disconnect here between people who have body (appearance) goals and body (function) goals.
  • lindseym1983
    Options

Exactly. You wish you had a body like that; do you think looking at pictures of other people's so-called "good bodies" is going to get you there? Probably not; it's just going to make you feel negatively about your own body.

I'm really not jealous at all. There is just a huge disconnect here between people who have body (appearance) goals and body (function) goals.

Yes in fact the pictures make me want to work harder. Obviously I am not completely satisfied with my body or i would not be on here but the pictures are not making me feel negative it's the food going into my mouth that does that! Again, if you don't want to look at them don't. I don't think the owners of the pics are going to be hurt if you don't.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with being naked.... I LOVEEEE TO BE NAKED.. it is natural you know
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    ^^^ LIKE!!! :D
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I think.....this thread is old, and the nakie ladies have way more courage than me.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am very much against it....;)