UK low-calorie snacks

Options
123457»

Replies

• jasminwiggs
    Options
    Heya I snack on kellogs special k cracker crisps they come in different flavors, there 95 calories and only 50p in Tesco at the moment xx
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump:drinker:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I've almost given up snacking - but I do need something mid-morning or my boss gets earache from my rumbly tummy! I like the Dorset cereals seriously fruity bars - they are quite high (189 cal) BUT really filling and satisfying so I'm not attacking my sandwich 10 mins later. (I found the Alpen bars not filling). The WW individually wrapped biscuit covered in Belgian Choc is only 89 cal, or 3 (yes 3!!!!) squares of Green and Black may gold is about 50 cal and its quite strong so you don't want more.

Savoury - Walkers french Fries, Quavers or Wotsits are all under 90 cal per bag. Or a pack of 6 melba toast with one Laughing cow extra light triangle and a little Marmite. Almost like having cheese and biscuits....
  • DCaffrey
    DCaffrey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bumping for 'My Topics'
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay away from snacks as it is my weak area (along with portion control ... and cake) but if I just need something small to bring my calorie count up at the end of the day (as the OP suggested) I find nuts are handy as they keep well (so you don't feel you have to finish the packet!) and being small, you can have one or ten, depending on what calorie count you need. I love brazil nuts - hugely calorific if you eat the whole bag but if three is enough to satisfy, this is roughly 10g and 68 calories. Plus they're obviously not full of additives etc (unless you go for the yogurt coated ones - best avoided!).

As a snack of something 'naughty' when only a sugary bit of heaven will do, Jaffa Cake Bars are 96 calories and taste sufficiently naughty without throwing your count too far off for the day.

Whilst ideally I'd never snack now, I think if I'm genuinely hungry it is better to have something 'good' rather than starve until the next meal when I might end up having a mini binge if I'm ravenous.

As an aside, if anyone needs a tiny dessert - Waitrose do little profiterole pots with chocolate sauce in their Essentials range that come in at 202 calories. Handy if you want the whole Sunday dinner experience without eating your weight in sticky toffee pudding!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if Graze boxes have been mentioned? They are rather overpriced, but quite a treat! Calories vary, but it's handy that the calories are pre-counted.
  • kgj66
    kgj66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I might have to look for those profiterole pots.......