How will you reward yourself when you reach your goal?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ihern6334
    ihern6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I get there I will reward myself with:

- new clothes
    - new hair
    - self confidence
    - a new swimsuit
    - a new tattoo

You hit it right on target for me!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    New Bikini and a scuba diving trip
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    Well, I have mini goals as well as my ultimate goal.

So for 20 pounds lost I am buying me new running shoes from Asics. They are pretty expensive, so this will be a big treat for me.

For 30 pounds lost , I am going to buy me some new work out clothes.

For 40 pounds lost I am going to buy some new summer clothes (since I am aiming for summer for this goal)

For 50 pounds lost, I am getting a bikini! :)
    I like what you are doing. I had not thoght about it this way. I think i will start this. I have lost 22 so far when I get tio 30 I iwll reward myself. Thanks for the tip.
  • TheYankeeBelle
    Options
    Instead of rewarding OURSELVES, also consider how rewarding it can be to do for others.

Now, I am not saying that I don't have rewards for me, but I have set out when I hit the 150 lb lost mark to do something nice for someone else. Think about those who struggle to lose, pay it forward, sponsor someone's gym membership, feed the hungry, etc. Just a thought...

^^^That's a fantastic idea! I'm already donating my old good clothes (tons of suits, dresses, skirts, shirts) to Dress for Success since I have many items that are barely worn or still have tags on them (I have a bit of a shopping problem). But I like the idea of helping the hungry and sponsoring someone else's gym membership as a way of paying it forward.

My less altruistic reward will be to go skydiving! And perhaps a really nice, incredibly expensive dress at one of those fancy boutiques that only sell size 6 and smaller!
    And the ultimate goal is to reward myself with a baby! I can't wait to complain on MFP about losing baby weight!!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain, I've spent my whole life being underweight, I just want to be happy. My reward is going to be looking in the mirror and not hating what I see staring back at me. No more 'you look ill' comments! Not to mention not havinga hard time shopping for clothes yay lol.
  • benitastory
    Options
    A massage, off my heart meds and new clothes that don't come from Goodwill.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal I am going to go hiking at Enchanted Rock. ( info about it here http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/enchanted_rock/ ) I went once with my art class in high school but even then I was so overweight and unhealthy that I couldn't really enjoy it like everyone else. I refuse to let that be my only experience with that beautiful place.

Oooh, I like this!! I live in Texas so this would be a great reward for me! Went online to check it out & I can't wait to go this summer! Thanks for the info & the idea!! :flowerforyou:
  • bethybear8990
    Options
    I am rewarding myself in phases.
    When I reach my first goal of 180 I am going to get my hair done and get some running shoes.
    When I reach my second goal of 140 I am going to register to run Tough Mudder.
    Finally, when i reach my final goal of 120 I am going to get an entirely new wardrobe, complete with new business suits and silky pjs.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    1. went out shopping
    2. feeling amazing, confident and totally loving my new self.
    3. enjoying all the complements from females and males.
    4. experimented with some new stuff with the hubs.
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @rivertom - just wanted to say that you look like you could take that beach stroll now - you look amazing!

@eljulia - I'm 57 and my reward for all this will be to be able to wear a bikini on the beach in Hawaii for my 35th wedding anniversary, so not quite no top, but showing what I've done! And I hear you about the jeans - I began to feel like I should use a rope for a belt, I was beginning to look so much like a hobo in mine!

Thank you! Only found that reply just now. ;)
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Brand new Wardrobe. Gonna pitch the Black T-shirt Biker look to a new Fresh and handsome Biker look! gonna open an Online Classy Biker Apparel line of American made clothes...For starts!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    bikini and navel ring!
  • carol989
    carol989 Posts: 19
    Options
    I plan on rewarding myself with krispy kreme donuts!

I have vowed not to eat those until I have completely reached my goal

lol it can be hard sometimes
  • DesertMermaid29
    DesertMermaid29 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am going to go to Turkey to visit my boyfriend :)