Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options
So I made my weekly trip to the grocery store to stock up my yummy healthy foods. I was standing in the line waiting to pay for my fresh fruits and veggies, super lean turkey burger, fish, morning star items, frozen veggies, greek yogurt, nonfat cottage cheese, whole grain pasta, beans, etc. This woman (and I use that term lightly) behind me loudly says to her husband "You see? That's why I don't eat healthy...it's obviously not working for HER". Mind you this woman had probably 50 lbs on me, the cart was filled with TV dinners, fatty ground beef, beer (no problem with that, just making a point), tons of non-diet soda, sour cream, etc. The only veggies was some canned corn. I felt sorry for the husband cause he was trying to hide behind her when I did the dramatic slow-turn, gave her a hard-a$$ed stare, looked her up and down, and said "Actually, not that I would ever need to answer to you, but I have lost over 187 lbs eating this way. What's your excuse?"

I turned around and she starts grumbling to her husband "I bet she's so b!tchy because she is hungry" I turned around again and said "you know, one of the benefits of a healthy diet is 1. I am not deaf, so I can hear you, and 2. I am able to eat quite a bit more healthy food with lower calories than unhealthy calorie-dense food. I am never hungry, and in fact I am a generally happy person. Perhaps you should try it sometime, maybe then you won't be so irritable." I turned back around again to hear the husband tell her to shut her mouth before I rightfully punched her in the face. I have never been criticised for eating healthy...most people ask me for recipes when I am in line. Goes to show that the miserable ones aren't those of us on this site getting fit, but rather the rest of them wishing for a better life but not caring enough to persue it.

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Bitzches are gonna bitzch. That's why they are bitzches. Just sayin...
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

True Elizabeth...she'll find a reason to b!tch no matter what
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    You are my hero :D
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Seriously, this girl is a piece of garbage. She's obviously a miserable human being, and her husband probably thought you looked hawt.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can't believe someone would say that. How hateful. Sorry that happened, but she ended up looking like a complete idiot so that's good. Glad you stood up for yourself!
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    WOW. Where do you live and where do you shop? If I was with you, I would've ripped them a new one and they would've most likely driven into oncoming traffic on the way home. Just sayin ;)
  • jryan12341
    jryan12341 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    1. I love your retort :)
    2. OMG I cannot believe the ba!!s on some people! Hmprh!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options

Seriously, this girl is a piece of garbage. She's obviously a miserable human being, and her husband probably thought you looked hawt.

Lol!! True...maybe we should put the two in a room and sell tickets!
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You were far more polite than I would have been.
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    Holy crap, what nerve she had talking to you like that... High five those were great comebacks...
    That lady ugh what a *****!!!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    What a horrible, rotten person!
    Good for you for standing up for yourself and giving her a good what-for!
  • littlesizzler
    Options
    wow...... her comments were just totally out of line. I bet her husband was totally embarrassed by her.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Lol!! True...maybe we should put the two in a room and sell tickets!

Battle of the b!tches.... in the mud. We should. Though your lady sounds like she would win just by crushing....
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hurting people.. hurt people. I'm so sorry that the woman in the checkout was so rude!!! I don't think anyone should even look in another's grocery cart.. when did it become o.k.to be that nosy? Nerve!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    I'm in Idaho...she didn't have pajama pants on (I looked), but they were well-worn out sweat pants that were probably never used for their original purpose. I soooo wanted to say many other mean things, but decided to take the high ground.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!

Apparently eating unhealthy hasn't made that woman any happier. Of course, maybe her husband was pressuring her to eat better, and she took it out on you. I feel sorry for her. She is likely miserably with her body, and her bad habits aren't helping matters. You handled it well.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! Well done you for speaking up for yourself!!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    You maintained, I would have hit her in the head with one of my morning star items.
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    That is so crazy!!! She was nothing but an insecure old cow, ugh, some people.