Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Thank you jfl613...there were so many mean things going through my mind, but at the end of the day I felt that the dignified response was to take the high road and maybe let her learn a thing or two. I won't lie though, if looks could kill she'd be dead. My daughter tells me I have the scariest evil eye in the world :tongue:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    There are so many times total strangers have commented on my food choices. I usually am so shocked I freeze up and can't put them in their place like you did. Good on ya!
  • Wellsangel
    Wellsangel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, what nerve she had talking to you like that... High five those were great comebacks...
    That lady ugh what a *****!!!
  • Wellsangel
    Options
    Oooops ^^^^^

I'll second that response!
  • Wellsangel
    Options
    I work on the checkouts in at a large superstore and do indeed find that in general, people are what they eat!
    IE: the ratio of fatty, sugary foods to healthy raw items in their shopping tends to trend with their size, and how healthy they look and also well presented they are too!
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh my god...this is AWESOME! I love your response...good for you for putting her in her place. She probably thought she came out on top of that argument since she was obviously an idiot...but clearly you are in the right. This got me fired up for the morning...thanks! :smokin:
  • healthycurves2012
    Options
    You're doing exactly what she wishes she could do, but by the sound of it, she's just too lazy or stubborn to try. She is a miserable person who just wants to make everyone else around her miserable, too. She's obviously jealous of you, someone who chose to take the better path. BTW, I love that you didn't just ignore her, but educated her in the process of putting her in her place!
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Omg this post totally made my day. I would have never had the balls to keep going back at her like that while she harrassed you. You are my new hero!
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you said something to her.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Way to stand up for yourself.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Walmart and saw this type of stuff all the time. Sadly it seems as if talking about other people like that makes the person feel better about themselves in some strange way. It always seems to be women too who do this for some reason. The men with them always look as if they could disappear through a hole in the floor.

So glad you said something to her. Someone else may not have been as nice as you and would have "rightfully punched her in the mouth."
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    She just wanted to justify her cart full of unhealthy food when sitting right beside all your healthiness.
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love what you said to her!! I don't know if I would have been so restrained.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Wow. I'm floored that someone would actually have the nerve to say that to you? I'm really glad you spoke up and didn't let her get away with treating you like that. Crazy beeyotch!
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    Good for you!!! That's EXACTLY what I would have said if it had been me. You go girl!!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I commend you on standing your ground and saying something to her! I know if I was in your shoes, I probably would have done the passive-aggressive stare down :) What a rude lady. I will never understand why some people are the way they are. She obviously hadn't experienced any exercise endorphins that day :)
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bravo! You handled it well and I applaud you!

Hopefully, she mulls over those words and something sinks in. However, with her attitude, I doubt it will happen.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Nice comeback!! I usually come back with my usual... "I may be fat, but you are ugly and I can diet." Yours works better I think.. LOL
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to dismiss her rudeness, because she was clearly out of line (a couple times over), but I think she deserves some pity. She's obviously the one putting up road blocks for herself. She'll stay trapped in her own little world where nothing is her fault, and she'll never be happy with herself.

The OP is clearly not in that trap, which is awesome.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    you go girl!