Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    oh gosh! that's so rude of her, I'm glad you turned around and spoke up for yourself in a classy manner but still stuck it to her. I wouldn't want to be her husband.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So I made my weekly trip to the grocery store to stock up my yummy healthy foods. I was standing in the line waiting to pay for my fresh fruits and veggies, super lean turkey burger, fish, morning star items, frozen veggies, greek yogurt, nonfat cottage cheese, whole grain pasta, beans, etc. This woman (and I use that term lightly) behind me loudly says to her husband "You see? That's why I don't eat healthy...it's obviously not working for HER". Mind you this woman had probably 50 lbs on me, the cart was filled with TV dinners, fatty ground beef, beer (no problem with that, just making a point), tons of non-diet soda, sour cream, etc. The only veggies was some canned corn. I felt sorry for the husband cause he was trying to hide behind her when I did the dramatic slow-turn, gave her a hard-a$$ed stare, looked her up and down, and said "Actually, not that I would ever need to answer to you, but I have lost over 187 lbs eating this way. What's your excuse?"

I turned around and she starts grumbling to her husband "I bet she's so b!tchy because she is hungry" I turned around again and said "you know, one of the benefits of a healthy diet is 1. I am not deaf, so I can hear you, and 2. I am able to eat quite a bit more healthy food with lower calories than unhealthy calorie-dense food. I am never hungry, and in fact I am a generally happy person. Perhaps you should try it sometime, maybe then you won't be so irritable." I turned back around again to hear the husband tell her to shut her mouth before I rightfully punched her in the face. I have never been criticised for eating healthy...most people ask me for recipes when I am in line. Goes to show that the miserable ones aren't those of us on this site getting fit, but rather the rest of them wishing for a better life but not caring enough to persue it.

eeeew that made my blood boil. She is that insecure of herself that she has to try and knock you down because you intimidate her because she is so jealous, you have what she wants but is not willing to work for. It kills me that people are so miserable with themselves they have to start a conflict and try to win it to make themselves feel better. That is like being in a race and they are in last place and they try to trip the person that won while the winner is doing their victory lap. It's stupid and petty. And she had no right to even speak about you, what is it to her what is in your buggy? That is none of her friggin business! Unless she wants tips she need not speak to you or about you. How dare her -.-
  • VintageDisaster
    Options
    I felt sorry for the husband cause he was trying to hide behind her when I did the dramatic slow-turn, gave her a hard-a$$ed stare, looked her up and down, and said "Actually, not that I would ever need to answer to you, but I have lost over 187 lbs eating this way. What's your excuse?"

WIN.

/thread
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!

HAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!

Seriously, I am appalled at her rudeness... and sorry you were a victim of it! That was terrible. I really hope you don't let it get to you. She is not worth it.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!

HAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!

Seriously, I am appalled at her rudeness... and sorry you were a victim of it! That was terrible. I really hope you don't let it get to you. She is not worth it.

Absolutely not...I don't let people like that get to me anymore. Before I started this journey, I would have gone to my closet and cried while I ate a whole cake or something. Now I have way to much self-confidence and self-worth to let that get me down. Actually I feel more sorry for her that she is so unhappy with herself that she has to take it out on others. Her husband was a bean pole, and I could tell he was absolutely mortified. She also looked a lot older than him although I am sure they are probably the same age. I don't look anything like my age (nor do I act it...lol!) and I will be 37 on Tuesday.
  • hillaryroland
    Options
    omg good for you! i'd never have the guts to say that haha. but congrats on such a big weight loss that's amazing!!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow, she was just being a hater. You were a lot more tactful then I would have been. LOL!

She was only, as my mother says, "talkin' out her *kitten*". Obviously her hurtful words were masking her insecurities. She needs to get a life and eat a banana or something.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I think ur retort was brilliant!!!! Great job!!!! I secretly wonder if when the checkout person or others say that to themselves when I put my foods on the conveyer belt. I never would have dreamed someone would have the gonads to actually speak their judgments. I'm proud of u :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    I think ur retort was brilliant!!!! Great job!!!! I secretly wonder if when the checkout person or others say that to themselves when I put my foods on the conveyer belt. I never would have dreamed someone would have the gonads to actually speak their judgments. I'm proud of u :)

The thought of someone judging me had never crossed my mind until her. I've been judged before I ate healthy, but that was usually well-deserved. I was in shock at her ignorance...when I see others who have similar checkouts to mine, I always thing "good for her/him", not anything else. Some people just have no clue.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    Wow, the gull of some people! I feel sorry for her husband having to deal with such a miserable wife! Good for you for standing up to her and still managing to do it with class. Which is more than she can say!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    WoW, i just feel really bad you had to endure such blatant disrespect and obvious ignorance. It would appear you handled it quite well. Much better then I would have. High five to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    1. GOOD for up for speaking up..

2. Let me guess were you at WALMART...LOL

Haha!! Yes, it was Walmart...Normally I go to the Farmer's Market for produce, but I had to get a few other things. Funny thing is I live across the street from there. That means if a zombie apocalypse hits, I can quickly stock up before anyone else gets there!
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well there goes her excuse not to eat healthy foods and to try to lose weight, I amazed at how rude a stranger can be, she must be a stupid, ignorant woman whose husband obviously wants her to lose weight, he must care for her a great deal to put up with her. It is really quite sad and I feel sorry for the husband at being so embarrassed by his wife, I would of loved to be a fly on the wall when they got home but then maybe he just puts up with it.

I must say I am really impressed by how you managed the situation with dignity and self respect, also that you stood up for yourself too. If you hadn't others around her may of thought she was right because you didn't respond. You are my champion ! !
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    Well there goes her excuse not to eat healthy foods and to try to lose weight, I amazed at how rude a stranger can be, she must be a stupid, ignorant woman whose husband obviously wants her to lose weight, he must care for her a great deal to put up with her. It is really quite sad and I feel sorry for the husband at being so embarrassed by his wife, I would of loved to be a fly on the wall when they got home but then maybe he just puts up with it.

I must say I am really impressed by how you managed the situation with dignity and self respect, also that you stood up for yourself too. If you hadn't others around her may of thought she was right because you didn't respond. You are my champion ! !

Thank you! And you are right, she has absolutely no excuse now!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking up for yourself. AND for not smacking her. I would have probably been so shocked I wouldn't know what to say until I got to the car, and then kicked myself for not saying it.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Good for you for speaking back and actually being polite what a dumb person!!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I hate people like that. Why can't they mind their own business!?

Good for you for standing up to her TWICE btw. The nerve of some people <.<
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The fact that she would just randomly lash out at a stranger like that simply because she saw them buying healthy food just shows how unhappy with herself she is. Sad sad. Good on you for keeping your cool while also being brave enough to speak up to her.