Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options

Replies

• bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! what a loon....I feel bad for her trying to convince herself that she's okay eating a bunch of crap.
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate...and i LOVE you, you are my new hero!
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    Good job of saying something. I would have ripped her one too. Again good job in the reply
  • LisaH1231
    LisaH1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you had such a quick come back. Great response. I'd have been in such shock, I'd have probably just stood there and said nothing. The older I get the more I think the majority of the human race are loons in one form or the other....myself included of course...lol. I've become rather unsocial because of it.

That would have been me too!! I would have thought all of this stuff I could have said after the fact. I am glad she spoke out!!
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You should have taken her husbands advice and socked her OR picked up a package of ding-dongs out of her buggy and whacked her with them!
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Good for you! She needed to be put in her place. If you were in Montana, I'd say that was my sister-in-law. She mocks our healthy ways...I agree with posters who said she's hurting on the inside. Sad case, really.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    holy macrol i have NEVER heard of something like that happening! just goes to show how bitter people are when they are jealous of someone else. but kudos to you for sticking up for yourself...i feel bad for that womans husband, he probably has to put up with that womans antics and comments on a daily basis! what a saint

but you should never have to feel bad for eating healthy and taking care of yourself. i LOVE that you already know this. but man oh man, what a bitter woman!
  • JulaMonster
    JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh wow... Just... WOW! I cannot BELIEVE she had the nerve to say anything out loud, let alone what she did say, and good on you for your response! I don't know that I would have been able to restrain myself or remain composed! All I can guess is she must be jealous, and her jealousy comes out in the form of bitter meanness! What a piece of work!

On a similar note, it seems every time I go to Sams Club, we stock up on flour, beans, root veggies, and other pantry staples (the only 'treat' type food we buy is their trail mix), everyone else gives us strange looks for what we fill our cart with, whereas they're usually buying huge boxes of cookies and snackfoods and those awful giant barrels of cheese puff balls (Seriously, every single time I go, I see at least three carts with those dang cheese balls). Is it so strange that we buy staple foods to make our own food? Why are we the 'weird ones'?!? Though I've received many strange looks and even a few evil eyes, no one has dared open their mouth (at least not that I've heard) about our purchasing habits...
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You are my hero :D

^^ this
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Some people.... you're awesome for standing up for yourself :)
  • chipaddict
    Options
    This made me laugh. What a rude woman! I could never have thought up that GREAT response on the spot.
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! Way to show her!!
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good for you for calling her out, also on the huge loss!
  • harriet_tubman
    Options
    CORRECTION:

MOST people are idiots.
  • megmcgarry
    Options
    You handled that rude snatch with more class than most people could muster. I applaud you for having the grace to correct her with JUST the right comments to put her in her place and not lose your dignity. You are a fitnesspal hero! *standing O*
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Haters are going to hate because they're insecure about themselves. I do like your responses though. You've come a LONG way and look incredible! Kudos to you on your success!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    cge.jpg
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    So I made my weekly trip to the grocery store to stock up my yummy healthy foods. I was standing in the line waiting to pay for my fresh fruits and veggies, super lean turkey burger, fish, morning star items, frozen veggies, greek yogurt, nonfat cottage cheese, whole grain pasta, beans, etc. This woman (and I use that term lightly) behind me loudly says to her husband "You see? That's why I don't eat healthy...it's obviously not working for HER". Mind you this woman had probably 50 lbs on me, the cart was filled with TV dinners, fatty ground beef, beer (no problem with that, just making a point), tons of non-diet soda, sour cream, etc. The only veggies was some canned corn. I felt sorry for the husband cause he was trying to hide behind her when I did the dramatic slow-turn, gave her a hard-a$$ed stare, looked her up and down, and said "Actually, not that I would ever need to answer to you, but I have lost over 187 lbs eating this way. What's your excuse?"

I turned around and she starts grumbling to her husband "I bet she's so b!tchy because she is hungry" I turned around again and said "you know, one of the benefits of a healthy diet is 1. I am not deaf, so I can hear you, and 2. I am able to eat quite a bit more healthy food with lower calories than unhealthy calorie-dense food. I am never hungry, and in fact I am a generally happy person. Perhaps you should try it sometime, maybe then you won't be so irritable." I turned back around again to hear the husband tell her to shut her mouth before I rightfully punched her in the face. I have never been criticised for eating healthy...most people ask me for recipes when I am in line. Goes to show that the miserable ones aren't those of us on this site getting fit, but rather the rest of them wishing for a better life but not caring enough to persue it.
    ^Like (D***it where is that button...) But in all seriousness. You, ma'am, are awesome, and an inspiring woman.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    You are my hero too.