Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options

Replies

• Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for your dignified response, I honestly can not say that I would have been able to be quite as polite. It goes to prove what I tell my kids, that people that are not happy with themselves deal with it by picking on others. Kudos to you!
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!

HEHEHE...or WAAAY too tight stretch pants :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Was this a wal-mart? LOL Good job on the healthy eating. I still have my days where I return to not so healthy foods, but after reading what people are eating on here, its time to GO SHOPPING! I bet you feel so much better with all that gone. Mind me asking how long ya been on this track?

I have been actively working on losing weight since 2003. By 2006, I had lost 250# total. I fell "off the wagon" for a couple of years with my ex-husband and gained back about 85# then was losing the same 50# for about two years. I have been back on track and quite frankly, I feel better, have more energy, and am a happier person. I have "cheat days" because I don't want to feel deprived, but I only get enough of my cheat item for one meal so that it is not even in the house.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    She's probably really insecure about her own eating habits and weight. I've gotten looks from people with unhealthy filled carts as I place my fruits and vegetables and low cal foods on the belt. I just shrug them off.

Edit;; WAY TO GO THOUGH! I'm glad you stood up for yourself!
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ROCK!!! That is an amazing weight loss...I am so proud of you!!! What a great response...yet another benefit of healthy eating...confidence to stand up for yourself. It is sad that that woman is so miserable, but good for you for not choosing to join her :) I can't believe there are such people in the world...I bet she whined about you to her husband the whole way home :)
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!
    or a mumu!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That was pure perfection!!! Awesome!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hugs for your hurt and angry feelings.
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!:flowerforyou:

I would never have the guts to say that :blushing: but I wish that I did!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I probably would have ignored the lady and let her think and say whatever she wanted about me. I find it easier to turn the other cheek in situations like that. Take the high road and not fuel her weakness. Besides, I know the truth and eating healthy is what makes me happy. That's all that matters.
  • mooremaline
    Options
    Great job and I am glad that you stood up to her people are so hurtful
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump. I really want to read this whole thread!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i would have SNAPPED!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You Go Girl
  • Chrissybebo
    Options
    Funny what jealousy will make people say. Maybe she caught her husband was checking out your smokin hot body!!! LOL! She just wishes she could look as good as your do 187 pounds lighter.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Way to go, and I don't know what shes talking about. You look pretty damn good if I say so myself!
  • chmiddleton
    chmiddleton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OMG! Seems like she is unhappy with herself and was trying to vent her frustration out on you, and justify her disgusting food habits at the same time. You are awesome!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    WOW, the nerve of some people to criticize healthy eating. They will never understand!
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    WOW!!!! I would have been NOT so nice!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking up for yourself! It's crazy that someone would say that, as if eating healthy is bad for you. :noway: What idiocracy. I wouldn't have had the guts to say anything, but I'd have thought how sad it is that she is clearly putting herself into an early grave.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I love you. You say all the things I wish I could but don't have the guts! You're amazing!

Thanks!! Totally love you too!