Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• MomDaze3
    MomDaze3 Posts: 24
    Options
    You are my hero :D

This!!!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    The only thing i have heard while in line, was" great were going to be here longer while they weigh all that crap." I just laughed and said you will be ok.

Wtg for standing up for yourself. I think she took her insecurities out on you.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing. But, you were quick on your feet, and called her out on her outrageous behavior.

So sorry you had to suffer that fool today.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! She is just jealous.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad that some people don't care enough to change themselves, instead taking it out on others in public.

Good for you though.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I probably would have stood there turning red or getting extremely mad and not saying anything. Way to stand up and put her in her place.
  • AutumnLaughs
    Options
    Well, had that happened to me (or even in front of me!) I would be on a prison diet by now. Maybe that's how I'll lose the wieght: Prison food!
  • Mymy101
    Mymy101 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bet she had a big wart on her chin with a long straight black hair coming from it. Lol
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Considering how she began her rant I'm betting she was getting a bit of pressure from someone about her nutrition. My guess a bit of that pressure is coming from her husband.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Outstanding for both your comments to her and for your weight loss. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This just made my day I came across your story, love it!:smile:
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! You just made my day and I hope that I too would have the courage to confront someone if it ever happened to me!!
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!

HEHEHE...or WAAAY too tight stretch pants :)

HAHAHA YUP!!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    LOL, it amazes me what I see in people's carts - sometimes the thing is full and there is nothing that you could really call food. Even worse is when some morbidly obese person is riding around on the complimentary scooter knocking snack cakes into their basket with a cane or grabber.

I have an obese friend who does this. She's so fat she won't walk around the grocery store.

If I say anything though even just encourage her to make better choices, she accuses me of trying to victimize her.
    Because anything that makes her feel bad about herself is "someone victimizing" her.

whatever. keep hogging the mobility scooter and b*tching because you feel like crap.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Wow! She was a hot mess! Proud of you for standing up for yourself and even more proud of how much you have lost doing it the RIGHT way!!! Keep up the good work and don't let stupid people get you down!
  • courtneyraquelx3
    Options
    I work at Wal-Mart and see obese people every day buying nothing but unhealthy junk, WITH THEIR FOOD STAMPS CARD. Nothing drives me up the wall more than that. Here is the government taking taxes from us to help you stuff your face with what? Chips, candy, and unhealthy frozen foods. I don't feel sorry for people like that. Nor did I feel sorry for the people who, when I worked at a fast food place, were overweight/obese and ordered a Triple Burger large size. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! Ah well, all of us on this website are not those people. Thank goodness. But I do know how you feel!
  • Shell8ug
    Shell8ug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your response was very classy! Those kind of people will always exist and we can only hope they someday they are able to turn their lives around. Perhaps your response will encourage her to someday make healthier choices for herself and put her on the road to a more happy existence (and her poor hubby, too).

Absolutely amazing what you have done for yourself! May you continue to succeed in all you do!