Um would you wear this?

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Love short skirts, but to be honest I wouldn't wear this dress. When I first saw the picture, with the bottom black stripe going at the angle it does, I thought it was see through and the stripe were your knickers showing through. Sorry, but you did ask! :flowerforyou:

Lol I'm not offended at all, like I said I personally don't think I'd wear it out with nothing under it like skinny jeans or tights. I'm not really a dress person anyway, I bought my first dress out of being curious if I could pull it off, and when I tried it on I had to buy it. My husband didn't just buy me this dress, he bought me the shoes that are in this thread to go with it, some fishnet thigh highs, and a pair of pink lacy thongs LOL I thought he was out of his mind cus my *kitten* would literally show.

It's been worn for bedroom use but that's it. However Friday is my birthday and my mom is taking me shopping, I'm seriously thinking about some skinny jeans and some other parts to pull it off so I can wear it as a cute top.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Love the dress but I don't think I'd feel comfortable in that one either lol.

lol Trust me, I didn't either. Hence why there is a thicker strap thing on my hip. I had to put on boyshorts to even walk out of my room in that dress rofl. I didn't care how stupid it looked but I was so afraid of showing wayyyy too much.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt wear it out of the house by itself, even at my goal weight. because of my body type (hourglass) just about anything i wear ends up looking a bit sexy, so making the outfit a super shot strapless is just asking for trouble :laugh:

if i would wear it out of the house, i would wear it with a some cute black tights and a nice fitted black blazer, but i guess that's sorta cheating :happy:

oh yeah 1 year for halloween i wore something similar in spirit (i went as wonder woman) and i spent the night doing too much adjusting the top to enjoy myself. the top part constantly needed readjusting depending on if i was sitting, standing, dancing, etc.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic in it. If you're comfortable in it than should definitely wear it out. Just make sure to wear right underwear and anything else, but the dress looks really great on you!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

oh yeah 1 year for halloween i wore something similar in spirit (i went as wonder woman) and i spent the night doing too much adjusting the top to enjoy myself. the top part constantly needed readjusting depending on if i was sitting, standing, dancing, etc.

ha I used aerosol hair spray on all the straps and bust on mine to keep it in place. Only thing that bugged me was that I ended up with $12 in singles by the end of the night. I'm still not sure how to feel about that rofl
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    For a nightclub I think you are fine. Wear leggings or booty shorts underneath (just incase you do have to bend down for something). Anywhere else it would be a bit much, but at a nightclub, I think you'd be fine.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No I wouldnt wear that ever,

I dont think its the most flatering style for you either
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    No. Not even if I was younger. It's just not my taste. But go for it.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful in your other dresses, especially that dress you bought for the wedding! In that dress we see YOU- a sexy, fit, confident woman! In the tube top dress, well, we see a woman trying to look sexy....

Which if your husband appreciates, just wear at home :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I think I'd look pretty silly in a little dress like that! :wink:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Totally do it girl that is so sweet of your hubby. This is about you and him no one else and it's not like you said you were wearing it out to dinner you are going to a night club. Go for it, have fun you look GREAT!!!! Be confident.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I found one like that, but instead it was black & white... I thought it was a cute top, and I bought it.. And when I got home I noticed I could pull it down past my butt... Its really stretchy... And I wore it for my husband... But never wore it outside of the house. Its way too short for me... But..... I consider wearing it, but only with some black leggings and boots. And I did say this was my hooker dress. Haaah Thats funny you can joke about that too.

I think all of us should have a dress like that at home. ;-) Sometimes I will wear one out on a date with the hubby too depending on where we are going.:blushing:
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would most definitely wear a dress like that, especially if hubby liked the way I look in it enough to go and buy it for me.
    If I weren't comfortable wearing it in public, I would wear it on a private date at home, with just the hubs and me.

But are you wanting to know if you look good enough in it to get by with wearing it out? Yes. You do look amazing in it!

Exactly this!
  • Katniss12Peeta
    Katniss12Peeta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm really into fashion lol so here's my advice.
    It is, after all, March, so if you are going out, you can get away with springy clothes. I vote until May or June depending on your climate, wear it with opaque black tights! It will be sooo slimming on your legs, and it will look very cute and sexy. I also think that fashion choice will make you look younger. The dress is super cute on you though! I like it! It looks great on your bust and shoulders. But maybe just a little short. So I say tights, girl. You'll look smokin!! and I bet you'll feel more comfortable with the shortness of the dress.
    here's a few links for tights ideas.
    http://www.girl.com.au/kayser-black-opaques.htm
    (see! so sexy!)
    http://www.yournextdress.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Adriana-Lima-in-a-short-black-leather-dress.jpg?cda6c1
    thats Adriana Lima (Victoria's Secret Angel. She knows what she's doing lol)
    Be confident no matter how you wear it and all eyes will be on you! And hey, your hubby already loves it, so embrace it :)
  • val_d
    val_d Posts: 1
    Options
    I would never wear that, no. If you move an inch, you're going to end up exposing one end or the other... I prefer to look classy
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i'd wear it. But then again, I'd go out in public in just a bikini even when I was obese. It's all about you and what you are comfortable in and with.....

EDIT! I'm not implying you are obese! Geez! I just mean to each their own and also I wouldn't let the fact that you aren't at your "goal" stop you. 145 lbs is a really healthy weight and I think you look great....

and I'm all about ridiculously high hemlines!
  • saul1128
    saul1128 Posts: 8
    Options
    Sexy!!!!:wink:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
    I would never wear that, no. If you move an inch, you're going to end up exposing one end or the other... I prefer to look classy

So this dress can't be classy at all for you? There are ways to wear it, But I'm like a lot of ladies here which is why I posted so I could get some ideas which I'm super excited for Friday because I'm going shopping and gonna get somethings so I can wear this, but I'm one of those who either will wear it low cut or short, not both at once. Just because something is short doesn't mean it can't be classy though, now I do think there is a line between classy and trashy, so either you are implying I look trashy, or that this dress can't in anyway be classy. I think it came off pretty judgmental but meah it don't bother me. Just cus I posted me in it, don't mean it's who I am or what I wear, I posted only here because this forum people understand and know that I've worked my butt off and I can ask a question like this here.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

So this dress can't be classy at all for you? There are ways to wear it, But I'm like a lot of ladies here which is why I posted so I could get some ideas which I'm super excited for Friday because I'm going shopping and gonna get somethings so I can wear this, but I'm one of those who either will wear it low cut or short, not both at once. Just because something is short doesn't mean it can't be classy though, now I do think there is a line between classy and trashy, so either you are implying I look trashy, or that this dress can't in anyway be classy. I think it came off pretty judgmental but meah it don't bother me. Just cus I posted me in it, don't mean it's who I am or what I wear, I posted only here because this forum people understand and know that I've worked my butt off and I can ask a question like this here.

You asked for opinions of would you wear this and she gave her honest opinion, you can't knock her for it, whether you took her opinion as judgemental or not. it is what it is...an opinion.
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Haha I actually first thought it's a Norma Kamali swimsuit and felt very jealous! :D

Here's a refrence:

NormaKamali-198x300.jpg

Anyways to your question... no I would not wear it. Not because your body wouldn't look great in it, but because of the lenght... as you said yourself, it really isn't a dress at all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!