Um would you wear this?

Options

Replies

• hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would wear it with a pair of tights . I think you look great but my husband said it was a bit short too lol. I think with tights added it would make you feel more comfortable. Great weight loss and you have a fab man to go out and buy for you like that :smile:
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, but I'm pretty sure I can almost see your hoo-haa. I don't think it's the kind of dress I'd wear with leggings either. I'd rock in it my house and feel amazing in it...but then I'd put it back in my closet. :wink:
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    if it was like 1 inch longer definately but hell i have worn stuff that short with spandex shorts underneath so if you feel comfterable with shorts go for it
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's looks really good on you, but I think it's too short to be appropriate to wear to most places. Maybe find a similar tight dress that's an inch or two longer?
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I say anyone strong enough and tough enough to lose over 100 lbs can wear anything they want. You look great!

^^^ love this...

I don't know if I would be that bold. But if I had a husband that wanted me to wear it... that would make me feel hot enough to pull it off...
    Just don't bend over!...
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on all of your weight loss!!!! :) I can see where you would want to accentuate your new shape/curves! I'm so happy for you! At the same time, I think you are too pretty/attractive to wear this type of clothing. If that makes sense. I think it takes away from you. Kind of cheap looking. I don't know if it's the last black part in the dress that looks like underwear showing underneath or what. Kind of short and confusing I guess. That's great that you found some jeans to go underneath it. Might look totally different! Congratulations again on all of your hard work! :)

Well since the question is would you wear this? My answer would be no. :)
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    No I wouldn't. I think it looks trashy. The phrase "mutton dressed as lamb" springs to mind.

Keep it to wear over jeans as a top.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Even i like my short dresses but that is quite short. Really nice dress though but i'd only wear it if it was slightly longer.
  • bander21
    bander21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is whatever makes YOU feel comfortable. Everyone else's opinion is just that. AN OPINION! DO things for you, no one elses satisfaction. I say whatever makes your feel good and makes YOU happy!! Some people's opinions on here are really not nice at all! And can be kind of mean! SO ignore it, work what you've got! Just BE YOU! Thats what I tell my teenage sister everyday!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Some nylons (or fishnets :happy: ) and a shrug might just be the accessories you need to feel comfortable and still look HOT!
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    I always feel sexiest when I am confident and comfortable. If the dress is so minimal that you can barely move without feeling like your booty or breasts will pop out than I would say take a pass. On the other hand, if you feel sexy in it and your hubby likes it maybe it is a good outfit for a sexy dinner/ rendezvous at home!
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a dress similar to it and I love it. Put on a pair of spanx and a good strapless bra and I'm good to go out with the girls.
  • getfitnow33
    Options
    Now that sounds sexy! I like that idea! Little black blazer with it!
  • wscoll47
    wscoll47 Posts: 3
    Options
    I guess it depends on how old you are and if you feel comfitrouble in it if i were 100 pounds lighter and 20 something years younger i probably would wear ir but thats me its what you would do
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't wear it. Great color and design but same as many others have posted....way too short. But, with leggings and a little shrug I might not feel so exposed.

You do look awesome in it though. I can understand why your husband bought it for you.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Call me old-school, call me old fashioned - but I've found men respond best to a lady.

Women at work often ask me why the men in the office are so polite and respectful to me. It's because, to the best of my ability, I act like a lady. Our society screams at us throughout the day to be everything but. I believe that is extremely harmful to our gender on many levels. The images Hollywood and the fashion industry vomit out for us is too often that of an emaciated woman with implants who dresses like a *kitten*.

In line with that philosophy, I often tell young women "If you want a prince, become a princess" (in the very best sense of the word, of course.)

There is a way to be wonderfully feminine and beautiful without looking like trashy.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous right now! I can't wait to fit into a dress like that! And you look soooooo hott! I would wear it, but if you want to be comfortable, throw some spandex underneath :)
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I say anyone strong enough and tough enough to lose over 100 lbs can wear anything they want. You look great!

^^^ love this...

I don't know if I would be that bold. But if I had a husband that wanted me to wear it... that would make me feel hot enough to pull it off...
    Just don't bend over!...

^^^ Said perfectly. I think you look great in it. If your husband thinks you look hot, go for it. I wouldn't dance in it, but maybe to a dark, intimate club. You and the hubby - corner table - you in that dress... Yeah, it could be a fun night ;)
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Personally no but if it is something you want to wear then wear it.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not in a million years but it doesn't matter what I would do, you do what's best for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!