LIBIDO!!! how to get one??

Options

Replies

• HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Going off the pill and getting the IUD did wonders for me!

I was just the Opposite! But I had a friend who was the same as you.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think Birth control has alot to do with it. Just speaking from my own experiences with several different kinds of Birth Control. I had side effects from every singel BC with sex drive being affected most of the time...not taking any BC now and I find that I am the aggressor most of the time lately.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex for 13 years. I felt the same way. By the time I came home from work, cooked, cleaned and took care of the kids I was exhausted. I wanted it like no ones business but I was too tired to initiate anything. I blamed hime for not helping out and he blamed me for not starting it.

I liked the fact he wanted me and came after me. Looking back I know he wanted to feel the same way. I should have initiated it more. But, hind sight is 20/20!

I would try anything and everything. Talk to him, switch B/C, workout more, plan better. What do you have to lose?
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Read the book "50 shades of Grey". Very interesting.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try almond milk instead....so Yummy. My fav is Dark Chocolate!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Simply put....Break out of your routine. It's become expected and boring to yourself.
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This topic reminds me of a quote in a film I saw yesterday - The Exotic Marigold Hotel" - when the man was talking about sex and says "well nowadays it's more theory than practice". Made me chuckle.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    The more you do it, the more you want it.

So, my advice is just talk yourself into it. start with once a week, or something that you're comfortable with. "Make" yourself do it. Get yourself looking all hot, tell him what you need to feel sexy (dinner out, dancing, massage, whatever!) and just do it!!!
  • y353
    y353 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pfff. I wish I could pass to others.

My girl/friend lives 1000km from my city. I'm always at edge.. since 16 hahah

I know! Try some long distance! It drive you crazy!
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some advice for you!!

I'm the complete opposite. I can't get enough of it!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Having the opposite problem. Darn long distance relationship! *dies*

This!
  • SkrillexFan
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think this is a health issue at all. Many people just have naturally low libidos, and honestly I wish we can trade because I'd go all day if I could and most of my previous partners found that to be an issue.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help... I want it all the time. Like twice a day.

But I'm also a dude.

Maybe you're tired/exhausted/stressed? Maybe you're "in a rut," as they say? Have you thought about taking some time out to go someplace new - go on an adventure, do something exciting that maybe you've both wanted to do and see if that exhiliration transfers to the bedroom?
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help... I want it all the time. Like twice a day.

But I'm also a dude.

Maybe you're tired/exhausted/stressed? Maybe you're "in a rut," as they say? Have you thought about taking some time out to go someplace new - go on an adventure, do something exciting that maybe you've both wanted to do and see if that exhiliration transfers to the bedroom?

Lol.... well I am not a dude... and I want it like 5 times a day. :blushing:
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat =[
  • janeshopster
    Options
    This worked on me:

http://www.thesoslab.com/scentuelle-products.asp

I don't know if its placebo, but I get a wonderful feeling when I'm on the patch. It's safe and non-invasive too.
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    Add in some macs... www.macasure.com have tried it and its awesome

Seriously though, try maca. I was using it for endurance, and I found the side effect to be a bit frisky... lol
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I think libido decreases as you age... just my POV

Not necessarily! I'm in my early 50's and my libido, while always on the high side, has increased! I think having more time alone with my hubby and not wearing myself out with household chores gave me even more energy. If it were up to me it would be a nightly activity, but hubby works long hours. :ohwell:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Id love to share some of mine!! I drive my husband nuts!! We have been together since I was 18, nearly 10 years and he said Im just as big a horndog as I was back then and ive had 2 kids also, which most of my friends lost theirs during and after pregnancy.. He wants mine to find a new home lol

^ Ditto!! Starting to think maybe it's the opposites attract thing. :) There will always be one half that is not in synch.

In response to the poster... there are lots of things for men, not sure what they have for women, but I know there is stuff out there. Just be careful, got my husband to take some things and I didn't like the way it changed his personality. Loved the libido, but decided I liked his old personality more. LOL
  • janeshopster
    Options
    Good for you! I'm worn out with my kids so that's one of my problems. Also, having some issues with hormonal imbalance.