5'1" girls, what do you want to weigh???

Options

Replies

• wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 107, but I would llike to be 95ish or 100.
    My goal is a little lower as well. I'm almost an inch shorter than you are, currently at 103-104 and would like to be somewhere in the nineties.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm currently 107, but I would llike to be 95ish or 100.

why? why shoot for an underweight goal when you are already quite slim?
  • emmaholmes38
    Options
    Im 5ft 1 and weigh 140 and want to get back down to 115-120. I find it harder as I am getting older. Feel free to add me.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Hi I am 5' 1/2 inch, and am 50 yrs old.
    I weighed 110-115 in high school ( and was convinced I was OVERweight then, but when I started this journey last year,
    so that was my ORIGINAL goal weight
    but after I reached 120, I re-evaluated where I was at.

I am happy/satisfied with where I'm at now (low 120's)
    because I can maintain it with the caloric intake of 1600 (that's withOUT any added exercise)

and I'm at a size in clothing where I can easily find petite clothing 4-6 pants, size S/M shirt
    That's WHY I stopped here....

For me, it's about what I can MAINTAIN AFTER I reach my goal!

Sorry, I TRIED posting side by side progress pics from photobucket but can't figure out how to make them smaller...if you really want to see my progress, click on my profile pics.
    I started out @ 162.5
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My goal is 120 right now and than might lower it to 115 if 120 isn't good. I'm currently 131 and look bad for my frame. I was 100lbs for years but that was too thin!
  • short_ro
    short_ro Posts: 2
    Options
    I am almost 5'1" and would like to get to 130lbs. I started at 161lbs and am currently at 148lbs. I found a chart that said I should weigh between 125-140lbs as I am considered large-framed. I actually aways considered myself medium framed which would put me at 115-129. The weight varies from 106-140 so your frame type makes a pretty big difference. good luck!
  • lyddsmom
    lyddsmom Posts: 96
    Options
    115 is a totally reasonable goal. I'm 5' 3" and want to be 125, maybe 120. But I have always been curvy with large breasts and wider hips, even at 115. I think 115 would be hard for me to maintain so I'm shooting for 120ish.
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 100, my goal is to maintain between 100-105. I'm concentrating on strength training, so, if the scale goes up a little, I'm okay. I have a small frame and small boobs(A). I usually where a size 0 or 1.

You are looking fab in your pic and it's pretty much where I would like to be. I just wondered what strength training you are doing/recommend? I am doing weights (light at the mo) and core Pilates strength like the plank (working hard to improve the lower abs after 2 babies) and am wondering where to go from there?

Thank you so much! I really like Personal training with Jackie Power circuit training, and some Jillian. I'm starting to try out lifting heavier weights. Still trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to get the body I want! It shouldn't be so complicated!

I know - its hard trying to find the right balance between cardio, strength, cals etc. I'm hoping I will figure out the magic formula soon! Thanks, I haven't heard of Jackie Power before I will see if its available over here too.
  • scsksouthern
    scsksouthern Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Going from 210 to 158 is a great achievement and I wasn't about to let your comment go unnoticed! I started this at 156 lbs, and have lost 3 so far. It's coming along as it should (slow but consistent) and I will continue to exercise and eat well/right and I know it will happen for me in a few more months. Not sure what my goal is because I am lifting some weights, too, (8# hand weights for my arms) and am also big busted, so maybe around 120 for me, but have to wait and see how I'm looking along the way. I am also almost 59 yrs old, so I guess I'm not quite as vain as I was when I was younger. I do, however, want to look good in my clothes and not make a mess in my closet trying to find something to wear that I feel good in! lol I am 5'1"... I love that we short gals have this space to share our common goals and interests. I have always said that "I am not fat. I am just too short for my weight." Makes me smile to look at it like that. : ) Well, I started this post in response to someone who had said she started at 210 and was shooting for 120 and was currently 158, but I didn't post her comment first. Not sure how to even do that, but I just replied to her message, thinking it would post her comment too, and it didn't obviously. Anyways, just so you shorter gals all know that I haven't lost my mind. I just don't know how to do this whole forum-type thing. lol
  • scsksouthern
    scsksouthern Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    started at 210 lbs. looking to get to 120. currently 158.
    Bear with me here... I'm trying to teach myself something! lol See the above post (I hope?) I am trying to respond to your post... OK!!! Now I know how to do it! Sorry everyone that I have messed up the flow of things here. Maybe the size of my brain is in direct relation to my height
  • RhondaBagley
    RhondaBagley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    here is the standard in the fitness industry according to ACSM: 100# for first 5 feet +5# for every inch after, with a give or take of 10%. So if you are 5' 1" that looks like this:
    100+5=105
    +/- 10.5#
    SO 105 +10.5# =115.5
    or 105- 10.5#=95.5
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on your frame of body and where your curves are at...
    I am 5' 1/2" tall and my lowest was when I was 16 and that was 126, I haven't been that low since and I am 33...so I am a realist I have to lose 100 lbs for sure that will bring me to 130, which would be wonderful!!! But I would LOVE to be at 120 :)
  • kristinpascual
    Options
    I am 5'1. I weigh 109, but my goal is about 97. I'm 32. I have a small frame though.
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'd be happy if I could get to 130! I'm stuck at 140...
  • HillaryTownsley32
    Options
    I'D LIKE TO BE 130. I'D PREFER 120 BUT I DON'T THINK I COULD GET THAT LOW WITH MY BODY TYPE. I'VE RECENTLY BEEN PREGNANT BUT MISCARRIED, SO I'M USING THIS WAITING PERIOD TO LOSE THE WEIGHT BEFORE WE TRY AGAIN. I'M CURRENTLY AT 148 AND I'VE BEEN GOING AT IT FOR 2 1/2 WEEKS. NOT MUCH PROGRESS, BUT I'M STICKING TO IT!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"...im aiming for 130. we'll see how i feel when i get down to that
  • skaboom163
    skaboom163 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your bone structure and not just the number on the scale. I am barely 5'1 and I've always been around 120 as my comfort weight. I am down to around 117 and 115 on a good day. I have a medium bone structure so I could never be 105 or I'd look sick. Just take muscle mass and bone size aka "frame" into consideration.
  • jbarletta316
    Options
    I just had a baby about 6 months ago so I currently weigh 145 and I want to weigh between 120-125. I like having curves and I do not want to be "skinny" I want to be healty. The best I've ever looked in my life was around 120.
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    125lbs :)
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    i'm barely 5ft 1 and my goal weight is 135. it's the smallest i've ever been in my life. i have right around 75lbs to lose. but i'm determined! wish me luck ladies. good luck on your own goals as well :flowerforyou: