5'1" girls, what do you want to weigh???

Options
1234568»

Replies

• mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    At five feet I'm aiming for 111 ultimately, right now at 150 (I have a long way to go). So yes, 115 is completely reasonable. In my profile pics I'm 117 for reference.

Can always use some short friends!
  • angelrubie
    Options
    I'm 5' even and weigh 135. I would love to weigh 115 but being 32 and having 2 kids, my goal is 120. More than that though I want to tone and be a healthy example for my girls. Good luck!
  • PamelaHenD
    PamelaHenD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    According to your height of 5' 1" your ideal healthy weight is 118 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 105 and 132 pounds.

Remember if you get to low end you tend to look ill not healthy. I dropped weight like crazy running all the time when I went threw a hell of a divorce. I got to 110. I am 5' 3" and I looked awful. But running helped me deal with STRESS!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    here is the standard in the fitness industry according to ACSM: 100# for first 5 feet +5# for every inch after, with a give or take of 10%. So if you are 5' 1" that looks like this:
    100+5=105
    +/- 10.5#
    SO 105 +10.5# =115.5
    or 105- 10.5#=95.5

ehh...maybe. I'd say that the -10% is relevant for perhaps Asians who are known to have lower BMIs NATURALLY. For someone losing weight it isn't likely healthy for them to be in the "underweight" category, it's not a weight their body is likely to be comfortable at (for lack of a better word) and health complications can result.

Using that recommendation I could theoretically be 95 (4'11) - 9.5 pounds, so 85.5 pounds. That's a bmi of 17.27, "the main DSM-IV weight criterion (less than 85% of expected body weight) corresponds to a body mass index between the fifth and 10th percentiles of the body mass index in both the U.S. " Or alternatively, a BMI under 17.5 (which is a stricter standard).

I think that for MOST people that rule would wind them up in an unhealthy place. Amenorrhea, hair loss, fatigue, muscle loss, you name it. I personally don't think that it should be a target for the majority of people.
  • lenaa50
    lenaa50 Posts: 34
    Options
    i'm 5'2. and started MFP at 168. I am now 165. my goal is to reach 140. ahhhh that would be a dream...
  • HillaryTownsley32
    Options
    120 IS GOOD I THINK.
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am currently 126, started at 181 and ideally want to get to 120........but i seem to be stuck at 125/126ish!
  • piikapoka
    Options
    Right now I weigh 116, I would like to get down to 105-107 : ) I would be happy with 107, I'm not sure how I'd look if I was less. I don't want to loose all my curves ;)
  • bobmolly
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and weigh 106. (26 years old), this is the heaviest I have ever been. Goal weight : 98 lbs. I used to be 93 (24 years old) so this is quite a shock for me, I'm petite so I feel that weight shows on me more than it does others.
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm only 5', but I figure I can still help answer the question. I weigh 130 right now, if not a pinch less. My goal is 110 lbs! It's hard being so little to use the machines at the gym, though, my trainer today told me my elbows were holding on for dear life on the ab-workout thing. Heh! But, like what was said before, everyone is super different! Do whatever's healthy and fun for you. :)
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My goal is 122, currently 156. My basketball playing DH teases me about having more muscle than he does.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" also and my goal weight is 110lbs... or at least look like I weigh 110lbs. My current weight is 141lbs but I have boobies, a booty and thunder... THUNDER... Thunder thighs! OOHHHHHH!
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    My goal weight is 150...but I have curves. So I need the extra pounds that a lot of you aren't saying for my height - LOL. Curse the hourglass figure...
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    My goal weight is 150...but I have curves. So I need the extra pounds that a lot of you aren't saying for my height - LOL. Curse the hourglass figure...

Are you kidding?? Praise the coveted hourglass figure! Consider yourself lucky, girl! ;-)
  • tuppestove
    tuppestove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    do you go by net calories or your bmi
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    also, what size are people? I am currrently 145 and size 6, hopeing to get to 120

141 and a size 6 also. I'm aiming for 110, but would be happy at 120, frankly.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" from my last doctor's visit! :laugh:

My starting weight was 130, now I'm down to 122. After I hit 120, I'll make an assessment. A few years ago when I was a beast at the gym, my lowest weight was 108. I was very muscle-y, and I didn't mind it, but it was a pretty low weight to maintain. Then again, I didn't aim to maintain,so that's on me. ...I just want to see my abs. Yeah, and I know what that might mean. I just read this article last night, and this woman is my hero --> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

As to what's NORMAL - it varies. I have a small to medium build, and my mother's side of the family is rather petite.

Edited for size - I think I'm between a 2 and a 4. I have yet to go clothes shopping.
  • Deathscall
    Options
    I'm 5'2. My highest weight was 179 lbs, my current weight is 117.4, and my goal weight is 115 & TONED :)

I am a 36D & I wear a size 7 pants (was at 14!)
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    Stay strong and keep positive! You can do it! :-) I wish you healthy success on your weight loss journey :-)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 weigh 130 wear a size 3 jrs, my goal is 125- i dont want to be an anorexic stick:huh: