Fashion show at the gym??????

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Because of what we wear, we are judged based on the fact that we must not care about our internal organs? I am one of the women who dresses cute for the gym... NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE, but for myself. As previously stated, if I feel good about myself, I work harder, and get results. I, too, am a mess after a good workout at the gym, regardless of what I wear in.

The ladies on this forum need to remember we're all supposed to be here to support and motivate one another - not judge and bash some because of what they wear. But, I assume these are the same ladies who outside of the gym are extremely judgmental toward other females. You should spend less time looking around judging people at the gym, and more time focusing on your exercising. Just because someone looks cute at the gym doesn't mean it took just as much willpower for that person to get them there; in fact, sometimes I buy cute new workout clothes in order to MOTIVATE me to get to the gym.

Seriously - stop judging and thinking that you ladies are better than the ones who are wearing matching clothes at the gym.

I don't have cute workout clothes or perfect makeup. I change after work and go. I do care about being presentable but usually I am a mess by the time I am done. Those women are concerned about the external. I am concerned about my heart, bones, muscles, tendons, organs and quality of life.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I give you a "10". Is that okay?

Your husband is a lucky guy
    Seriously? Because of what we wear, we are judged based on the fact that we must not care about our internal organs? I am one of the women who dresses cute for the gym... NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE, but for myself. As previously stated, if I feel good about myself, I work harder, and get results. I, too, am a mess after a good workout at the gym, regardless of what I wear in.

The ladies on this forum need to remember we're all supposed to be here to support and motivate one another - not judge and bash some because of what they wear. But, I assume these are the same ladies who outside of the gym are extremely judgmental toward other females. You should spend less time looking around judging people at the gym, and more time focusing on your exercising. Just because someone looks cute at the gym doesn't mean it took just as much willpower for that person to get them there; in fact, sometimes I buy cute new workout clothes in order to MOTIVATE me to get to the gym.

Seriously - stop judging and thinking that you ladies are better than the ones who are wearing matching clothes at the gym.

I don't have cute workout clothes or perfect makeup. I change after work and go. I do care about being presentable but usually I am a mess by the time I am done. Those women are concerned about the external. I am concerned about my heart, bones, muscles, tendons, organs and quality of life.
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    Well said Kaci, I agree with you.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I give you a "10". Is that okay?

Your husband is a lucky guy

I give you a 10 too
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!!!

this thread motivated me to go buy new workout clothes. haha... and guess what? i'm going to use them and work hard ;)
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I dressed nicely, I feel good about myself and in return, it makes me want to make my body feel good and make me want to look even better in those clothes as well. I can't speak always for the gym though.
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am just like you!!! I roll out of bed put on the clothes brush teeth and throw the hair up....I gets down and dirty...no need for makeup it just stings my eyes all the more when I sweat!
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I dress how I am comfortable. If that means I have a "cute" outfit on then so be it. When I leave the gym I am a sweaty, sticky mess and the less clothes to get wet the better I feel. I do usually match but don't wear make-up or perfume because make-up runs and burns the eyes and perfume mixed with the smell of sweat makes me want to vomit. I really don't think the way you dress says anything about whether you are serious about exercise.?. I am not watching anyone else; I'm too focused on what I need to do.
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have an extensive wardrobe of workout clothes and proud of it. I don't wear make up to work out because I fear that I will clog my pores, plus mascara running into your eyes from sweating burns like no other.
    Yes this is the original point that I believe the OP was trying to make.
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    I don't think it's really fair to judge people on what they decide to wear to the gym. If you like and can afford cute, matching gym outfits, that's awesome. If you wear grubby sweatpants and a tee-shirt like me, hey, that's awesome, too. What matters is that you're working out and doing something good for yourself.

That being said, I actually do try to match a little... My hair is currently in the middle of an awkward growing-out stage, where I can't pull it back yet. So, I wear bandanas to keep it out of my eyes, and I pick one to match whatever shirt I'm wearing. Black or dark blue pants, some deodorant, and that's pretty much the extent of my gym prep. :)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Thank god I don't go to a gym because when I get done working out, not only are my clothes drenched but I stink, I'm guessing nobody would find me appealing if they had to smell me. HA! I just workout at home, or if I use an elliptical at my dads house.