Men don't need a great physique to impress women

Options
UponThisRock
UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
Getting your body that women will think is "hot" really doesn't take all that much. It might take a bit longer if you're obese, but you really don't have to be all that lean, or all that muscular to impress women. There are a few women that prefer more muscle and leanness, but for the most part, women think this is impressive:

ryan-gosling-shirtless.jpg

^^^If you're in average shape, you can achieve that in a 2-3 years easily. He has a decent body don't get me wrong, but it's certainly not anything that I'm impressed by.

Personally, I'd like to look a lot more like this guy:

frank-zane-beard.jpg

^^^That's something that inspires me.

My point: Don't let the opinions of others define your goals. Of course everyone needs an ego boost of a "pat on the back" from other people every once in a while, but relying the opinion of other people as your motivation isn't going to last long.

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Just don't grow your hair out like the dude in the second picture.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Lol

I think we need pictures in a speedo to decide how you will look better. Post please.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    well.. i have found women like moobs.. its true.. they feel like it means we have the same parts yet were different and they like that! so eat and get lazy i say..
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

:laugh: Agreed.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    Lol

I think we need pictures in a speedo to decide how you will look better. Post please.

I can't find one that fits
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lol

Agreed. We are professionals.

The reverse is also true. Women shouldn't sculpt themselves to please men. A lot of men prefer no muscles and big boobs. Yeah, I don't give a crap. Thanks.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    1st guy is only 3-5% BF from becoming pretty ripped.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I like both. I even like a big boy once in awhile too. It's about personality really. A little brains and a sense of humor can go a long way. That is not to say that I can't appreciate a man who takes care of his body!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Dude #2 is way hotter than Ryan Gosling. Just sayin'... Then again, I prefer bigger guys...
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I don't need much but a lil definition is something good along with a brain. Thanks for the eye candy too! :flowerforyou:
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I like both. I even like a big boy once in awhile too. It's about personality really. A little brains and a sense of humor can go a long way. That is not to say that I can't appreciate a man who takes care of his body!

big where?
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    1st guy is only 3-5% BF from becoming pretty ripped.

LOL @ "only"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Lol

You know... Rock's ab shot truly is enough for me. LOL!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

frank-zane-beard.jpg

^^^That's something that inspires me.

Is that Super Jesus?
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I've noticed from previous threads on MFP, that men tend to want a build that impresses THEM, and women want a body that they are attracted to, but when you ask what the opposite sex prefers for their mates, the standards aren't quite as high as we set for ourselves. :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

big where?

My ex is 300 lbs and ALL gut!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i actually prefer the physique of guy #1
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    my husband didn't attract me by his physique... he was just sitting in the corner of the bar licking his eyebrows :devil:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a Ryan Gosling myself...but def do what make you happy :)