Men don't need a great physique to impress women

Options

Replies

• imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    i think both are awful...i hate the first guys face and as an actor . i think men love muscle more than women do.although alot of women like muscle. id rather have a fat guy with a great personality than a guy who fancies himself more than me,that spends most time at the gym than with me.
    men care more about a woman looks like than women care about mens looks. so men you dont need to make all that effort. id rather be with the fat guy from superbad than ryan renolds.
    but to be fair my boyfriend has played football all his life so hes nice and toned whilst eating what he wants.id rather him be toned than fat or muscly xx
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I've noticed from previous threads on MFP, that men tend to want a build that impresses THEM, and women want a body that they are attracted to, but when you ask what the opposite sex prefers for their mates, the standards aren't quite as high as we set for ourselves. :flowerforyou:

Yep, you're right. I think the second pic has "freak" value, but the first is more attractive (to me).

I'm more attracted to "husky" guys who are in fairly good shape, but not BBs.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Id be happy if I could ever get to Jason Momoa's build in Conan:

conantrailerjasonmomoa300.jpg

Or Chris Hemsworth's in Thor:

tumblr_lkuyynAEkC1qhmnt8o1_250.jpg
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree just lean, I think the second pic is kinda gross to much and too much hair.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Getting your body that women will think is "hot" really doesn't take all that much. It might take a bit longer if you're obese, but you really don't have to be all that lean, or all that muscular to impress women. There are a few women that prefer more muscle and leanness, but for the most part, women think this is impressive:

ryan-gosling-shirtless.jpg

Ooooh, I like...
  • sradis
    sradis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Very true. I never started training legs until I was about 24!:smile:
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Id be happy if I could ever get to Jason Momoa's build in Conan:

conantrailerjasonmomoa300.jpg

Or Chris Hemsworth's in Thor:

tumblr_lkuyynAEkC1qhmnt8o1_250.jpg

Ooooh, I like these as well! :drinker:
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I prefer the first pic, but I have to wonder if the second pic is really a good indication of how the guy really looks. He's pumped and he's all flexed and posing. What would he look like relaxed?

Just the same, I'm not one for overly muscled guys. Lean and toned does it for me.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I know this is about physique, but Ryan Gosling is too pretty boy... And this is coming from a girl who likes her man to look like he stepped off the cover of GQ (but has dated anything from a doughy twig to a body builder- which kinda proves the topic to be true). His character's style in that movie is delightfully delicious. But I think he looks better IN the clothes, b/c it gives him more weight. I think he's kinda skinny. And I'd prefer a guy with a slight gut to a really skinny guy, toned or not.

Super Jesus isn't attractive to me, but it has nothing to do with his body. I simply loathe facial hair.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Urgh, #2 made me recoil a bit! :laugh:

Gimme #1 or even less toned anyday - I'd be happy with about a # -3 I guess?
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    There are alot of guys that work hard but have a gut. That man you seek is pretty rare.
    ive already got me one, so they aren't that rare!
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    TBH a lot of women say a good body doesn't matter but the reality is, since I became the size and in shape I am now I've had miles more interest. I'm certainly no more confident, I don't show off, I just potter about doing no more than I did... but these days I get stopped in the street and chatted up by women and also gawped at and asked questions by men... so for me the difference is quite literally night an day.

Quite hilarious that the generalization that a BBer will spend more time in the mirror than a woman tho. Thats like saying all people who are overweight eat cake every day. Even if they spent time in front of the mirror, how is it any different to you wimmins LOL?
    I have to agree here. When I was in highschool at 115lbs. I barely got a second look and was written off as the nerdy geeky funny kid.
    After high school and 30lbs heavier, the same girls that I had interest in, but didn't have interest in me, became interested when my physique changed.
    To this day I'll still get hit on in the gym and I'll keep accepting the compliments.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You may get more female attention, but from what kind of ladies?

I've never had a boyfriend, but there is a few guys that I got close to being with. One was probably 30 lbs overweight, and the other had pretty thin arms and chest area with a little potbelly.

Now I won't say I'm physically attracted to super-obese guys (I want someone who take care of their body), but a guy doesn't have to get ripped, or even close to it. As long as he is active and able to DO things with me its fine.

That said, I find both those men attractive, Brad Pitt looked amazing in Snatch AND Troy, and I appreciate the bodies of athletes (mostly because I always see them in action and I love that :bigsmile: ) The only thing that kind of scares me is when I look in magazines like this:
    B00007J7R4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    I'm just like Holyyyyyyyy crap! How do they even do daily things without knocking stuff over?
  • tickertyboom
    Options
    4ef1e4da852ba.jpg seen this guy on eye candy thread mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • tickertyboom
    Options
    4ef1e4da852ba.jpg seen this guy on eye candy thread mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not too much perfect
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    There are alot of guys that work hard but have a gut. That man you seek is pretty rare.

We know it is an illusion. You still need to workout! Just hopefully not all the time. :D
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just hopped in on this thread but my boyfriend and I were just talking about this last night and he is CONVINCED that girls find this to be attractive/their ideal:

7120a_ORIG-zyzz.jpg

This guy ^^^ for whatever reason is like his god... I nearly threw up on myself when I saw this. I'm sorry I don't know about the rest of you ladies but that is NOT what I would consider my ideal! Is this what other guys are thinking too?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I just hopped in on this thread but my boyfriend and I were just talking about this last night and he is CONVINCED that girls find this to be attractive/their ideal:

7120a_ORIG-zyzz.jpg

This guy ^^^ for whatever reason is like his god... I nearly threw up on myself when I saw this. I'm sorry I don't know about the rest of you ladies but that is NOT what I would consider my ideal! Is this what other guys are thinking too?

I wouldn't mind having this level of bodyfat / definition, but I'm good with how I look.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

7120a_ORIG-zyzz.jpg

Zyzz had very good aesthetics IMO , some of my female friends liked his body some didn't , it's kind of subjective.

*You nearly threw up ok , ( if you did that's fine) but is it neccessary to shame the deceased?
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to shame him in any way. He looks at Zyzz as this awesome and incredible guy when all I see is major anabolic steroid abuse and major ecstasy usage. Look, I don't want to cause a stir here.. all I was trying to say is that he looks great they way he is at his shape (like the Ryan Gosling picture) and he doesn't need to feel like this is something that girls find as the ideal (the Zyzz photo or Arnold in his prime bodybuilding days).
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

7120a_ORIG-zyzz.jpg

Zyzz had very good aesthetics IMO , some of my female friends liked his body some didn't , it's kind of subjective.

*You nearly threw up ok , ( if you did that's fine) but is it neccessary to shame the deceased?

Had no idea who this guy was without googling... but too many sites regarding steroids... not somebody I'd worship or idolize in any way, in the here and now, or the afterlife. (no offense intended)