Dangers of Vegetarian & Vegan Diets Long-Term

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If you are HERE on this site, you are more than likely want to lose weight. Some need to lose more than others. If you need to lose a considerable amount and you are vegan, you certainly have some possible health issues. Excess fat isn't healthy. Not for a vegan or a meat eater.

I gained all my excess weight eating meat during my childhood and teens. As everyone knows, adipose hyperplasia of childhood is notoriously difficult to control, so like most people here, I am working on improving my fitness and health. Your point?

I ate plenty of meat growing up and have none of thoe problems. I need ot lose weight because of the plant based foods I eat, not the red meat. What is YOUR point?

Just some advice to u, if you want to lose weight you should reduce your animal consumption and up the fruits and veggies...they wont make u fat, they will make u healthy. You can't argue that.

Fruits and veggies have caloric value. Because of that, they can allow weight gain if you eat enough of them. Lean meat as well as fruits and veggies have their own nutrient values important for healthy life.

Yes and calories are good when they come from nutrient dense sources.

There are foods that have better/worse nutrient values for the calories they contain, But eat too much and you will gain weight,
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    If you are HERE on this site, you are more than likely want to lose weight. Some need to lose more than others. If you need to lose a considerable amount and you are vegan, you certainly have some possible health issues. Excess fat isn't healthy. Not for a vegan or a meat eater.

I gained all my excess weight eating meat during my childhood and teens. As everyone knows, adipose hyperplasia of childhood is notoriously difficult to control, so like most people here, I am working on improving my fitness and health. Your point?

I ate plenty of meat growing up and have none of thoe problems. I need ot lose weight because of the plant based foods I eat, not the red meat. What is YOUR point?

Nothing, really. It's just that your statement that people are here to lose weight seemed obvious, so I didn't understand why you stated that at this point in the thread.

Because of all the vegans proclaiming how "healty" they are. Posting HERE. On a website desinged for weight loss. Being vegan does NOT mean health. Just means you don't eat meat. Nothing more, nothing less.

BTW. this thread has more replies than your thread. Nyah :)

It must take a really concerted effort to get overweight eating such a clean and perfect diet for so long...............peculiar.........I only know one vegetarian in real life and the individual is 100lbs overweight by opting to eat a tray of brownies for dinner instead of a nice piece of chicken parm............

Exactly,. Being vegan and living off Funions isn't exactly smart. Damn, now I want some Funions!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Most of America's health problems are becasue we are country of fat, lazy slobs that don't exercise. Not necessarily what we eat. Europeans eat as bad or worse than we do, but they don't have nearly the health problems. Asians still smoke and drink their *kitten* off and again, not overweight nor do they have the instances of health problems. Hell they eat RAW MEAT

Sorry...it's 2 am here, and even vegetarians must sleep sometimes, so this is my last posting for the night.

You seemingly rejected the Harvard study today. But, you expect me to accept your vague cultural comparisons. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Just some advice to u, if you want to lose weight you should reduce your animal consumption and up the fruits and veggies...they wont make u fat, they will make u healthy. You can't argue that.

you've never seen an overweight vegetarian? I hate to break it to you.................but there are quite a few.............not that we aren't all here for the same reason..............
  • albinogorilla
    Options

Nothing, really. It's just that your statement that people are here to lose weight seemed obvious, so I didn't understand why you stated that at this point in the thread.

Because of all the vegans proclaiming how "healty" they are. Posting HERE. On a website desinged for weight loss. Being vegan does NOT mean health. Just means you don't eat meat. Nothing more, nothing less.

It must take a really concerted effort to get overweight eating such a clean and perfect diet for so long...............peculiar.........I only know one vegetarian in real life and the individual is 100lbs overweight by opting to eat a tray of brownies for dinner instead of a nice piece of chicken parm............

Exactly,. Being vegan and living off Funions isn't exactly smart. Damn, now I want some Funions!

good thing no one leads a funion into a dark room and shoots a bolt through its head............or that would be off the menu too!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

It's truly hard to believe you are 44 years-old. Now that's my last word on the subject.
  • babythequeen
    Options

Fruits and veggies have caloric value. Because of that, they can allow weight gain if you eat enough of them. Lean meat as well as fruits and veggies have their own nutrient values important for healthy life.

There are foods that have better/worse nutrient values for the calories they contain, But eat too much and you will gain weight,

I personally don't limit myself on fruits and veggies. These are my beliefs.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Most of America's health problems are becasue we are country of fat, lazy slobs that don't exercise. Not necessarily what we eat. Europeans eat as bad or worse than we do, but they don't have nearly the health problems. Asians still smoke and drink their *kitten* off and again, not overweight nor do they have the instances of health problems. Hell they eat RAW MEAT

Sorry...it's 2 am here, and even vegetarians must sleep sometimes, so this is my last posting for the night.

You seemingly rejected the Harvard study today. But, you expect me to accept your vague cultural comparisons. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say.

I don't care what you accept or reject. But I'm saddened by the fact that you are not going to post more tonight. I shall pour a 40oz of coke from my biggie sized Wendy's baconator meal and wait for your return bright and early tomorrow. Promise?
  • Jeff92se
    Options

It's truly hard to believe you are 44 years-old. Now that's my last word on the subject.

How you act and the age you look are too contradictory for me to comment on. Nighty night, sleep tight, don't let the bed burgers bite
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Ok. That's pretty evident, given you joined this site.
  • babythequeen
    Options

you've never seen an overweight vegetarian? I hate to break it to you.................but there are quite a few.............not that we aren't all here for the same reason..............

Of course you can become overweight and be vegetarian. I never said you couldn't. Like I said in an earlier post, I could munch down endlessly on chickpeas. and I mean technically I could eat a plate of fries. It's all about choice.
  • babythequeen
    Options

Seriously? you don't even know what my reason is for being here. I'm not even considered overweight if you look at my BMI. I just want to become fitter and improve myself. Am I not entitled to that? Is this place only for meat eaters?
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    How about av"Dangers of eating meat..." post?

I eat my veggies & meats. I am not here to take sides.
  • albinogorilla
    Options

Of course you can become overweight and be vegetarian. I never said you couldn't. Like I said in an earlier post, I could munch down endlessly on chickpeas. and I mean technically I could eat a plate of fries. It's all about choice.

you literally just said that, look above, "reduce your animal consumption and up the fruits and veggies...they wont make u fat, they will make u healthy"

if you eat an excess of anything it will make you fat............
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Seriously? you don't even know what my reason is for being here. I'm not even considered overweight if you look at my BMI. I just want to become fitter and improve myself. Am I not entitled to that? Is this place only for meat eaters?

You are reading too much into it. Who said this place was for meat eaters only? BTW, my BMI DOES say I'm fat, yet I'm at 19% BF or less, BMI sucks. All my blood test parameters are well in the green. yet I'm here because I want to lose another 5 lbs.
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    How about av"Dangers of eating meat..." post?

I eat my veggies & meats. I am not here to take sides.

that was earlier,
    here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/525710-meat-and-early-mortality
  • babythequeen
    Options

you literally just said that, look above, "reduce your animal consumption and up the fruits and veggies...they wont make u fat, they will make u healthy"

So you think people become obese from eating spinach, or broccoli, or kale.... um no anyway I'm not even gonna continue arguing my point with you because you're clearly an idiot.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

False. Unicorn meat is magical!
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options

You just made my night. LOL
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well of course not.............everyone knows that.........