Food Diary ... less is NOT more.

Options

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food and processed food, sometimes I only eat 2-3 meals a day... there are days that I don't fit in a workout... yet somehow I'm still making progress.

It's nice that you found something that works for you, but maybe it's better to keep your focus on what's working for YOU and not what bothers you about what might or might not be working for others.

Here, here! :drinker:
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    This thread is like a car accident, I shouldn't watch, but I can't.. stop...

LOL! :laugh:
  • blackbelt1967
    Options
    When your in your 20's your metabolism burns calories more efficiently than when your in your late 30's or 40's. Eating 4-6 smaller meals thru day keeps your metabolism constantly working, rather than going into starvation mode cause you've only eaten 1 meal for the day, which will store your calories consumed for fat more easily. As we get older this is why we need to eat a better balanced meal through out the day. Some of these people are right with their post saying they eat what they want or eat 1-2 big meals but you may be in your early years still, and if you are in your 40's and have no problem, you are blessed and should be proud but it isn't the norm for most.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    And, this is EXACTLY why I keep my diary private..

Shame on you..

Shame on me? Oh please ... food diaries are made public for a reason.
    Go ahead, criticise mine.
    That's precisely what I'm here for ... support and constructive criticism.

Actually, your diary isn't open.

Check. Mate.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I can totally concur with everything you are saying, and I feel that I too am making healthier choices without sacrificing taste or being left feeling hungry. It amazes me everyday the crap I see people putting into their bodies with no remorse for what they are doing. It further amazes me when these same people whine and cry about how they feel bad or have certain health issues. In part, I feel our society is to blame. I am not by any means giving a pass. Just because there is a Krispy Kreme and a McDonald's on every corner doesn't mean you have to stop and feed your inner glutton. Sadly, however, some people will never change and in the end it is and has always been "survival of the fittest". I think Mother Earth rejoices in this fact as she is working ever so hard to support the 6 billion or so people that inhabit her surface. Six billion is triple what she should be able to maintain. So in essence, the gluttonous behavior of the majority of our population is Mother Earth's diet plan to shed a few people.

I think Mother Earth has different ways of shedding a few people

tumblr_ls2jpgWzfB1qklu54o1_500.jpg

natural-disaster-gallery-910-2.jpg

6a00d83451587d69e201310f8329bb970c-500wi
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    When your in your 20's your metabolism burns calories more efficiently than when your in your late 30's or 40's.

Typically due to lower NEAT as you get older.
    Eating 4-6 smaller meals thru day keeps your metabolism constantly working, rather than going into starvation mode cause you've only eaten 1 meal for the day, which will store your calories consumed for fat more easily.

I would suggest reading the below, as the above is false. Don't copy what's in the perenthesis, I added that after the link so you can see who authored those articles.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html (<-- Martin Berkhan)
    http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/#frequency (<-- Steve Troutman)
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html (Lyle McDonald)

Some of these people are right with their post saying they eat what they want or eat 1-2 big meals but you may be in your early years still, and if you are in your 40's and have no problem, you are blessed and should be proud but it isn't the norm for most.

Meal frequency by itself has nothing to do with age.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i love your ideas i think your right on i eat 3meals plus 3 snacks trying to stay with in my 1600 hundred cal i need to get of my lazy butt:huh: and exercise and stick to my diet i try to eat fresh because it seems like everything else has alot of fat and sodium :huh: i want to get where i only eat there meals and not put alot on food
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    And, this is EXACTLY why I keep my diary private..

Shame on you..

Shame on me? Oh please ... food diaries are made public for a reason.
    Go ahead, criticise mine.
    That's precisely what I'm here for ... support and constructive criticism.

Actually, your diary isn't open.

It most certainly is ...

Nope.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    [quote/] I'm not so sure it really matters when you eat your calories. There are some days I eat half of mine in one meal, but hasn't hindered me in the slightest. The body doesn't care if you eat three meals, two or seven.
    [/quote]

Yes, it does matter if you only eat two meals a day. It matters a lot.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    *grabs more popcorn*
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    *grabs more popcorn*

I hope it's brown popcorn. The white kind is higher GI and will clearly make you fat regardless of your energy balance.

Unless of course you eat it before 5pm.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    *grabs more popcorn*
    Don't eat it all in one sitting. All those carbs will turn into fat 'n' stuff.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    hahaha for real
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    *grabs more popcorn*

I hope it's brown popcorn. The white kind is higher GI and will clearly make you fat regardless of your energy balance.

Unless of course you eat it before 5pm.
    You know it! only thing is its after 5pm... oh well better luck tomorrow... *nom*nom*nom*nom*nom**
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    [quote/] I'm not so sure it really matters when you eat your calories. There are some days I eat half of mine in one meal, but hasn't hindered me in the slightest. The body doesn't care if you eat three meals, two or seven.

:D Sometimes I only eat one big meal on Sunday (upper scale brunch for about 2-3k) and then just a protein shake for supper. Is this bad sir? :)
  • JMcNiel24
    JMcNiel24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got my diet from the p90x suggested meals. I don't eat super healthy but I try. I do think that eating 3 meals and 2 snacks help keep the metabolism going and can help you burn while you excersize. I'm no nutrition expert and I'm just starting this plan. So good luck to all.
  • nutandbutter
    Options

:D Sometimes I only eat one big meal on Sunday (upper scale brunch for about 2-3k) and then just a protein shake for supper. Is this bad sir? :)

No aesthetics for you!
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I got my diet from the p90x suggested meals. I don't eat super healthy but I try. I do think that eating 3 meals and 2 snacks help keep the metabolism going and can help you burn while you excersize. I'm no nutrition expert and I'm just starting this plan. So good luck to all.

Ahh the ole' Tony Horton program. That guy has no idea what he is talking about plus his workouts and nutrition information are extremely outdated. You're better off googling random fitness sites.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Sadly, however, some people will never change and in the end it is and has always been "survival of the fittest". I think Mother Earth rejoices in this fact as she is working ever so hard to support the 6 billion or so people that inhabit her surface. Six billion is triple what she should be able to maintain. So in essence, the gluttonous behavior of the majority of our population is Mother Earth's diet plan to shed a few people.

This is the only thing I'm taking from this thread, lol. As we catapult ourselves towards a not too distant future in which we reach the threshold, and then step over, what the Earth can recover from, I'm going to picture Mother Earth on a diet.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the public food diaries I see. I don't understand how my MFP peeps expect to lose weight cramming all their calories in one, maybe two meals.

I'm not so sure it really matters when you eat your calories. There are some days I eat half of mine in one meal, but hasn't hindered me in the slightest. The body doesn't care if you eat three meals, two or seven.

I think it is better for your metabolism, to eat regularly. I have 3 meals, plus 2/3 snacks at regular intervals.

When you eat has no bearing on the human metabolism. The quality of what you eat matters though.

Most days I eat one time per day after a 16 or 18 hour fast. I eat what I have planned in the remaining 6-8 hours. I have gotten much healthier this way and losing weight better also.