The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I demand a recount :frown: I gained 1 pound this week. I am back on track now, and I will lose that pound and more this coming week!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Spitfire, Welcome to the group and to MFP. You will find all kinds of support here and all the advice and information you could ever want. I warn you, it is a little addictive, though :laugh:

Good Luck on meeting all your goals and Congratulations on the progress you have already made.
  • amosarli
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been a member of MFP for sometime but have never really used the support side of it much, but I had an epiphany tonight that I am still sabotaging myself in terms of food. So need all the help I can get. I weighed 129kgs (284 pounds) 6 months ago, my current weight is 114.5kg (251 pounds), my goal is 70kgs or 154 pounds which I have no idea how it would feel.

Anyways I work out with a personal trainer 3 times a week, and by myself another 2 times. So the exercise I feel is undercontrol. Its the food, where I am still slipping, not eating take away but I ate some dip and biscuits and lollies today which I should not have eaten. Also bread is something I need to cut back, but am struggling with.

I would love to be able to touch base here with people, be as honest as I can. Its about time I stopped hiding and took responsibility for myself for once! Seeing you all achieving so much is an inspiration, hope to chat to you soon!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks LJCannon. I'm excited to be here.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just checking in....it's been a while but I'm finally back at home after a very long and emotional trip to NY. I've been really bad and last I checked I had gained about 6 pounds, but I'll weigh again tomorrow and let you know for sure. I've really been eating whatever I wanted. I really wish I was one of those people that can't eat when they are upset, but I turn to food and eat nonstop! Hopefully back on track tomorrow, if not then definitely Monday. I'll be back to work Monday so there is no excuse not to be good. It's been very hard and I'm still dealing with my mom's death but I hope I don't let it get to me so much that it derails my weight loss, I know she would hate that. Hope you guys are doing well:) Kim
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Mary,
    I think you will find that you will be losing more weight much faster on the diabetic diet. My son, who is not diabetic, went on this diet and lost 40 lbs in 2 months!! I have been reading and find that sodium is a real factor in our weight gain. Just make sure that your carb intake is from healthy foods. I say that because that's one of my biggest weaknesses, junk food. I wish you the best and I think you will do great!!! Check out this website on low carb diets: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/carbcontrolstep.htm
  • stacey76
    stacey76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey all
    I am 33, 5'6 and currently weigh 276.6 pounds. I've lost 31 pounds so far since June and looking to lose a total of 158 pounds. Long way to gooooo. Dieting is hard for me since I'm a real picky eater, don't really like fruits and veggies, forcing myself to eat lettuce for salads and HATE drinking water. Even with the crystal light on the go packets in my water it's still not the same as my sweet tea I so love! lol My biggest reward in losing this weight will be finding a soulmate. Yep, I'm losing the weight to find a man.. Sounds bad but it's the truth.Let's face it, everyone can say that I need to find a man who will love me for me but since I've put the weight on...where is he to be found? And we alll know how superficial men are so.....hopefully by this time next year I'm turning heads wherever I go!!! Ok, just needed to vent for a minute, thanks for listening!! Stacey
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hey all
    I am 33, 5'6 and currently weigh 276.6 pounds. I've lost 31 pounds so far since June and looking to lose a total of 158 pounds. Long way to gooooo. Dieting is hard for me since I'm a real picky eater, don't really like fruits and veggies, forcing myself to eat lettuce for salads and HATE drinking water. Even with the crystal light on the go packets in my water it's still not the same as my sweet tea I so love! lol My biggest reward in losing this weight will be finding a soulmate. Yep, I'm losing the weight to find a man.. Sounds bad but it's the truth.Let's face it, everyone can say that I need to find a man who will love me for me but since I've put the weight on...where is he to be found? And we alll know how superficial men are so.....hopefully by this time next year I'm turning heads wherever I go!!! Ok, just needed to vent for a minute, thanks for listening!! Stacey

You are very pretty Stacey! I am sure there are men who would be attracted to you because you are so pretty. But like you said where are they. They are so visual, especially when it comes to a womans body. Besides the fact let us give the men a break after they fall in love with you, then we can say love you for who you are. I was thin, and quite pretty when I met my husband. That is why he wanted to go out with me in the first place. Then he fell in love but at first he was attracted to the figure. Now, I am 115 pounds heavier and 17 years older than when I met him. I had a nice 22 year old body and he was attracted. Then we fell in love had babies got fat and he still says I am beautiful. NOW he loves me for who I am. I think next year you will be turning heads where ever you go. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am 32, 5'8", and I need too to lose half of my weight (as you can see). I know that I can't lose for a long time if I don't find support... but in another way, it isn't easy for me here to speak a lot because I'm french (living in Québec) and don't speak english enough. But I can learn, with reading you. :wink: (hope that I don't write to many mistakes)
    That's it : I'm trying to make exercises everyday now, and eating fewer calories to lose my weight and having finally better and longer time with my children.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    welcome !!! You are going to find that you will get a lot of support. I understood every word you wrote, you did a great job this will be a great way to learn some English.

Enchante`
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Just checking in. I'm quite proud of myself this week. I did what I said I was going to do and got right back on track from last week. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. Either way I'm happy I pulled through and stuck with it.

Now I just have to manage to take cake decorating classes without eating the cake... >.>

I'm in college, I'm sure I can find some starving college students to devour it instead of me.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Good news!

I lost the 2.5 pounds I gained last week this week. Yay!

Back down to 280!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am down 0, not too worried about it though. My calorie intake and exercise say I should have lost something. I believe I am retaining water. I had a bit too much sodium yesterday, so it is my own fault.
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    I am down 3 pounds, the one I gained last week and another 2!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Where are the halfers spending their time? We are not posting so much anymore.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I know! I just finished baking a cake for the cake decorating class I'm taking.

No worries, I'm peddling the pretty fattening thing to my starving college friends with their crazy metabolisms. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad I'm taking this class. I'll never eat buttercream frosting again. It's shortening(lard by product) and sugar.
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    I know what buttercream frosting is...and I still can't stay away. LOL

Good for you for having the willpower to take a fun class like that, and not eat your homework.
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    hows everyone doing on there weight loss?? i have been faithfully fighting it! lol

althoug im going through the sore part, curves is kicking my butt... but i know it will get easier.

keep up the great job everyone
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still having a hard time getting back on track. I gained about 5 pounds while I was away taking care of my mom's funeral arrangements and taking care of practical stuff. I have at least managed to maintain since I got back but I just can't seem to get focused and back to the diet and exercise like I used to. The worst part is that it was bad eating and no exercise that contributed to my mom's death so you would think I would use that as inspiration to do better. I hope to get back on track soon ... maybe when the practical stuff is over and done with and I can focus on me again. Hope everyone is doing great and losing:) I'll be there soon!

Kim
  • goodinmeek
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: I have set what I think is a realistic goal...75 lbs. Yes, it would be nice to be 140 again, but I haven't weighed that since I was in high school...AND THAT WAS A VERY LONG TIME AGO!! :laugh:

I am very jealous of you losing 30 lbs. so far! Buying new underwear is fun! Keep up the good work and please share any tips that you have. Even if you think it is nothing new, it might be just the thing that one of us needs to hear!