The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    It has been about 3 weeks so I thought I would check and see how my girls that are left from the halfers are doing?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It is good to see you again, Momma. How are you doing? I like the new profile picture.

In 18 pounds I will be exactly HALF of what I was when I joined MFP.:drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It is good to see you again, Momma. How are you doing? I like the new profile picture.

In 18 pounds I will be exactly HALF of what I was when I joined MFP.:drinker:

You are amazing. I had a bit of a set back and gained back some of my weight. I think I got in a funk and quit caring breifly. I am back to it and have offically lost 5 pounds this week. (not quite back to where I was but getting there) Your dedication and determination shame me!! But don't worry it also motivates me!!! Thanks for sharing your success with me!!! Thanks for the compliment on the profile. It is my motivation pic. That is my goal weight. I hated my weight when I took that pic but now oh how lovely it looks to me!!
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys
    well so long ago I started this thread and now I have been awol for sooo long and really unsuccessful in my bid to halve myself....but im getting back to it, im ready and im excited to see all the progress you have all made which is awesome and inspirational to me.
    will be seeing you around LOTS
    xxPink
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Back!! I have thought about you often and wondered how you were doing! I am glad you are back and we WILL finish this Journey together!!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey Pink glad you are back. Wondered what happened to ya? Just glad to see you here again.

LJCannon, you are still amazing to me!!! I remember when you first started coming around and look at you now. I have fallen off the wagon so to speak. I am not back to my old ways just not in weight loss mode. Maintenance yes. I am struggling to get back to losing and telling myself I am worth the effort.
  • 4me2sibiai
    Options
    Count me in. I'm at 268 right now and my end goal is right around yours. We'll do it!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :happy: Hi, Momma!! We can do this thing together, there is always time to get back in the groove. And, YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

:flowerforyou: Hello, 4me2, and welcome!!! I am glad you found this group. We are small, but fun!!
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    so I think its always positive to hear about how other people are going about their weightloss and acheiving success. What are you all doing as a part of your routine?
    Things have been quite crazy for me and now im not working at present and feel a little lost at sea and need to start up some routine so i dont end up sleeping all day and net surfing all night!!!
    I just got a call from a gym to say I won a 5 week bootcamp which gives 3 sessions group and personak training a week for 5 weeks so that should help me sort out an excercise routine for now anyways!! Now i just have to sort out the nutrition!!!

xxPink
  • Tubbyangel
    Tubbyangel Posts: 25
    Options
    Im in on this I have been looking for a group like this, at the minute I have been struggling a bit but I am determined to lose this weight, some days it just seems like am impossible task!!!

Just have to take it one day, one meal at a time.

Found a great free podcast on itunes called Fat2Fit radio it really good and inspirational ( its on other podcast places too) check it out.
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I too am looking at losing half my weight and would love a supportive team to help encourage me or give me a swift kick in the rear when needed!!
    Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Also, feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like--you can never have too many!!4chsmu1.gif
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Wow so nice to see all the new faces. For awhile there I thought this group was going to dwindle away. I am in need of some new motivation. How exciting to see new people excited and ready to make a change. That is good motivation for me as well.

LJcannon you are a motivation on your own, you have come so far and I am just excited to get where you are soon.

Welcome everyone:flowerforyou:

Pink, I am trying to get back on track so right now I am not doing much of anything. But I plan to try interval training this week and see what happens.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    In addition to Curves 5-6 days a week my goal for May is to go for a walk every day, in addition to Curves 5~6 days a week. I am hoping to also lose 9~10 pounds this month for the end of the Biggest Loser Contest at Curves. I have lost 19 pounds (10%) so far for the contest. My personnal goal for the contest was to lose 10% of my starting weight on March 1. At the time I didn't realize that the contest was going to be for 3 months instead of 2. Now I am hoping to lose 15% total.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I am in good spirits today. For the first time in a long time I feel as if I am back on track. My energy level is good this morning. I plan to get a quick workout in before breakfast and then another quick on this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :happy: I went to Curves this morning, and will probably go for a walk this afternoon.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I wished I could afford to go to Curves. With 1 income and 4 children, it just seems too much to start in on a contract with someone. Do you have to sign up for 1 year?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I am not sure if it is the same at all Curves, but at ours you can sign up for a Month-To-Month deal, but it costs about $5 more per month.
    They frequently run Special deals on the Enrollment Fee. One month they waived the Enrollment Fee if you donated a bag of grocerys to the local Food Pantry. Another month they gave you the first 30 days for $30. You could call your local club to see what deals they are running or if they are planning one soon.
    Sometimes you can get a better deal on a Gym membership if you join near the end of the month. I am not sure if that is true at Curves or not.
  • Tubbyangel
    Tubbyangel Posts: 25
    Options
    LJCannon you have lost some serious weight you must feeling a real difference!!!. I love your goal of walk everyday in may and have adopted it has my own. I have also signed up swing dancing lessons, should be fun if nothing else.

what is everyone else doing exersice wise, anyone else with a monthly goal like LJ
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    i agree 155 pounds it HUGE!! Do you mind if i ask what all you are doing?

Keep up the great job everyone!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I go to Curves almost every day, and I walk at least 30--90 minutes almost every evening. I do miss a day occasionally, but I do hit those goals most of the time. The key is to be active whenever possible. I walk while I'm waiting for clients at the Dr's office, and I walk in place while waiting on things like the microwave or for the dryer to finish.

With eating, the Key is PORTION CONTROL. You can eat ANYTHING as long as you are able to keep it to ONE serving, or just an occasional indulgence (I had Strawberry Cheesecake for dessert a few days ago)

I'm not sure if you can access the article or not without a subscription, but an article about my weight loss is on the Front Page of our local newspaper today. It includes 2 color pictures of me (before & after) and a Black and white picture on the second page.
    The address is www.YUKONREVIEW.net