The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I thought I had killed the thread:ohwell: i am glad you are still here.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I am still here. Hey girls I like the halfers it is a good idea. Just think a lot of us have fell away from the site. I am also a part of a group called the "over 200's" There are a great bunch of girls who are in need of losing a lot of weight. That is why I think we all wanted to be part of the halfers group as well. Come check us out. Let's also try to keep this group going,

Here is the link to check it out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/71628-over-200-club-fit-for-the-holidays-open-group?page=1#posts-948520
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I'm still floating about. I hadn't lost anything in 3 weeks though.

Week 1 - 269
    Week 2 - 269 -_-
    Week 3 - 271.7!!!!
    Week Today - 266.5 Makes NO sense!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: CONGRATULATIONS on the Loss!!!! I have found that there is quite often very little common sense to thisgame:laugh: But it does lead to a halthier life so we keep on keeping on.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! I know it has been a while but I wasn't tracking for a bit due to the busy schedule with school.

I am back now and hopefully going to start losing some more weight!! :)
    Although I should be thankful that me weight didn't jump up or nothing silly like that.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    glad to see you back Valtishia!!!! Maybe we could get the halfers moving a long again!!!!

Amanda, great job on the weight loss
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I weighed in today at Curves and I have lost exactly 100 Pounds since March 28th, The owner gave me a card and $100 Dollars to buynew (SMALLER!) clothes with. I am STILL doing the Happy Dance!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I weighed in today at Curves and I have lost exactly 100 Pounds since March 28th, The owner gave me a card and $100 Dollars to buynew (SMALLER!) clothes with. I am STILL doing the Happy Dance!!

Good for you!!!!!!! That is amazing. I wished I could afford to go to curves, but with 4 children, a husband, and 1 income it is not in the budget.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Thanks, Momma2four.

I don't know if this applies in your situation, but I have discovered that some insurance companies will pay at least part of the Curves membership fee. It might be worth checking into.

:wink: But you don't have to join a gym, I think that my walking every evening has helped a lot. At first I couldn't even walk to the corner and back. Now I am walking 3--6 miles a day.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I want to say I dont know how I missed this thread, Not that I need to lose half or more than, But when I started out I did. Maybe I can be of some support to those of you who are still working on your journey, I Hope I can, I have been there and felt it all that you are feeling.! Good luck to everyone!
    Tami
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I want to say I dont know how I missed this thread, Not that I need to lose half or more than, But when I started out I did. Maybe I can be of some support to those of you who are still working on your journey, I Hope I can, I have been there and felt it all that you are feeling.! Good luck to everyone!
    Tami

Wow you have come a long way. It is nice to talk to someone who knows what this journey is like and actually accomplished it themselves. Congrats on all you have done
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks, Momma2four.

I don't know if this applies in your situation, but I have discovered that some insurance companies will pay at least part of the Curves membership fee. It might be worth checking into.

:wink: But you don't have to join a gym, I think that my walking every evening has helped a lot. At first I couldn't even walk to the corner and back. Now I am walking 3--6 miles a day.

I think my insurance does cover a portion. Just do not know how much.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Just checking in again. Trying to see if any halfers are out there?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :happy: Just hanging in here watching the MFPWorld go by LOL I weighed in today and didn't lose anything, BUT, I did maintain my loss thru Thanksgiving so I'm still calling it a good month. I lost 9.5 pounds in November.:drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    :happy: Just hanging in here watching the MFPWorld go by LOL I weighed in today and didn't lose anything, BUT, I did maintain my loss thru Thanksgiving so I'm still calling it a good month. I lost 9.5 pounds in November.:drinker:

Wow, good for you. Your success is very motivational

I found my self going "nuts" over Thanksgiving weekend. Started on Wed. and followed through until Sun. I did some damage but I have been back on track since yesterday. I keep reminding myself I feel so much better than I did 42 pounds ago. I do not want all that weight back on.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    It is amazing how far I can walk when I recall how much it used to hurt when I just walked cross the room. No, I don't especially LIKE going to Wal-Mart or the Park and walking for an hour or so, but I do LOVE being able to walk without pain or labored breathing.

Pain--or the lack of pain--is a GREAT Motivator.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello,
    I haven't been on this thread in a long time and honestly forgot all about it. What caught my eye is "mama2four" and I know she is on some of my other threads. This really is a great thread!!! I'm having trouble losing past 250. I get really close (like 252) then bounce right back up. My nutritionist has even dropped my cals to 1400 and I'm working out 5x a week and I haven't lost a pound. I've gotten so discouraged that I haven't stepped on the scale in about 2 weeks (I've just been going off of how my clothes fit). The bad thing about going off how my clothes fit, at least for me, is that in the past my clothes have fit more loosely but the scale hasn't moved an inch!!! That's really discouraging when you have so much weight to lose. My nutritionist is re-evaluating my diet and she told me to have a complete blood workup done so that things can be ruled out. I haven't done it yet because I'm afraid everything will come back normal and i'm just fat because I can't lose weight. Its a really sad thing to admit to and I'm almost in tears just typing this...I think I'll go now...
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hello,
    I haven't been on this thread in a long time and honestly forgot all about it. What caught my eye is "mama2four" and I know she is on some of my other threads. This really is a great thread!!! I'm having trouble losing past 250. I get really close (like 252) then bounce right back up. My nutritionist has even dropped my cals to 1400 and I'm working out 5x a week and I haven't lost a pound. I've gotten so discouraged that I haven't stepped on the scale in about 2 weeks (I've just been going off of how my clothes fit). The bad thing about going off how my clothes fit, at least for me, is that in the past my clothes have fit more loosely but the scale hasn't moved an inch!!! That's really discouraging when you have so much weight to lose. My nutritionist is re-evaluating my diet and she told me to have a complete blood workup done so that things can be ruled out. I haven't done it yet because I'm afraid everything will come back normal and i'm just fat because I can't lose weight. Its a really sad thing to admit to and I'm almost in tears just typing this...I think I'll go now...

leshawn, do not be discouraged. You are going to get there. Losing inches is also a good thing. Hopefully your nutritionist will be able to help you. I know you can get past this.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I have been exactly where you are now. I can't tell you how many tears I have shed because it seemed that I would NEVER lose any weight, and if I did lose a few pounds, they quickly returned--and brought some of their stinking friends along.
    Pease don't give up now. MFP is a wonderful place to really learn about Nutrition and what is going on with your body. You are Blessed to have nutritionist in your corner.
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: With all my heart I wish that I could reach through this computer and hug you until you KNOW that you are worth the work it will take to get those pounds off. It will take time, and dedication, and Patience by the Boatload, but YOU ARE WORTH IT.
    And all your MFP Friends will be here backing you up.

Just hang in there, It does get better.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement and the love:heart: . I really needed it. I know that weight loss is a process that will not be completed over night. Sometimes life (and weight loss is a big part of it) gets me down and I have trouble picking myself back up. I was beating myself up last night about not working out, but my mom pointed out to me that I've been sick (bad stomach problems) all week. She reminded me that I have to let myself get better or else I could get worse. So I guess I need to take care of myself this week so I can get back on the workout horse next week.

Thanks for listening!! :flowerforyou: