The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    THATS AWESOME. I DO LIKE CURVES. I GO THERE JUST NOT AS MUCH AS I SHOULD BECAUSE IT IS SO FAR FOR ME TO DRIVE DAILY..
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It is too bad that there can't be a Curves on every corner.:laugh: I know the Curves about 6 miles away recently closed unexpectedly and I hope some of their members will come to ours. But with the price of gas and the economy what it is, I know some of them will not be able to make the drive.
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    OK SO IM NOT BELIEVEING TELLING YOU ALL THIS, BUT IM PROUD OF MYSELF & IF ANYONE WILL UNDERSTAND, IT WILL BE YOU ALL...
    IVE ALWAYS WALKED ON THE TREADMIL & THEN MY LAST MINUTE DONE A POWER WALK... WELL TODAY I DONE MY REGULAR WALKING ON THE TREADMIL & THEN THE LAST 2 MINUTES I RAN.. I COULDNT BELIEVE I RAN ON IT FOR 2 WHOLE MINUTES. I KNOW ITS NOT ALOT BUT FOR ME ITS HUGE!!!!! IM SO HAPPY.....
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: My dream is to be able to run even for a minute. You running is HUGE. I am sending you my biggest ((HUG))
    :blushing: plus, i'm a little jealous LOL
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    You are not kidding!!! That is a huge accomplishment. I can only run for like 35 or 40 seconds. Yay You!!!!!!!!!
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE, YALL ARE THE ONLY ONES ILL TELL THAT TO,

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey everyone just wondering how everyone is getting a long. I did not have a weight loss last week. Feeling a bit frustrated. I gained a couple of pounds over the holidays and I have lost them. But now I am stuck where I am. Started looking a serving sizes and realizing what I am calling 1 serving of chicken breast is actually 2 servings. So thought maybe if I pay closer attention to that I would see the scale budge this week. I may just pass on weighing for 2 weeks just to keep myself from being discouraged. I have been here for a year at the end of feb. and I have only lost 40 pounds. I know it is because I am trying to do this the easiest way possible. I need to actually start making some sacrafices. Thanks for listening
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Serving sizes can be SSSOOO deceptive, especially if you eat out as often as I do. You really do have to be ready to ask for (demand) a To-Go Box as soon as your meal comes. Or ask for certain parts of the meal to be eliminated. At home I have measured my bowls, dishes, and even coffee cups to see exactly how much they hold. That makes it easier to just grab a serving without having to measure every time I eat.

Momma, I always try to stay off the scale except for Once a month. Otherwise the fluctuations drive me crazy. And seeing 'Only' One pound gone upsets me even though I know that it is perfectly normal to lose it slowly, and I want to lose it slow enough that it won't come back. I keep reminding myself that this is NOT a diet. I want to eat healthy so that I feel good, and losing the weight comes along with a Healthy Lifestyle, making good choices MOST of the time.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks you have encouraged me so much. I am thinking of only weighing 2x a month. I am going to try your tip. I know that my glass I like to drink out of is about 16 oz. But I have not thought of checking my bowls. Smart idea. Thanks
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Glad I could help. We all have to stick together. We are in this together.:laugh: :happy:
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    keep up the grat job everyone
  • Momma2four
    Options
    LJcannon, thought I would take peek and see how the halfers were doing then I saw your profile pic. AMazing simply amazing
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Pink, thanks for this.

I'm 28, 5'7, and need to lose half of my body weight. I'd be content losing a bit less than that, but lord knows it'd do my body good to lose it all.

This has been a struggle for me.. I've posted part of the reason why in the "Introduction" forum, but basically, I'm afraid to be thin, because of what past abuse I've lived through.

I'm working on that.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :smooched: Thanks, Momma!! Would you believe that until my Hubby took that picture I didn't realize how MUCH I had actually CHANGED!?! I have a WAIST!! And the Thunder Thighs are gone? To say that I was SHOCKED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome, VictorianJade!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Welcome VictorianJade,

LjCannon you really are an inspiration. You look fantastic!!!! Glad your husband took that picture of you
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Thanks, y'all. :)
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey VictorianJade, just wanted to share another group I am part of that is really supportive and active. Maybe you would be interested in coming and checking us out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/87537-over-200-club-new-year-new-me-part-11
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Thanks, Momma- I'm browsing through a few of those threads right now. :)
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good hope to see you over there:flowerforyou: