The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :happy: Maybe that left hand finally figured out that YOU are the boss of IT, not the other way around.

Reading the posts here does help immensely.

Keep up the good work, Patrice
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Just a cute story to tell.

I watch a 4 year old boy every weekday for 2-3 hours. We were talking about nick names and he mentioned that a teacher at his VPK is also named Amanda.

"Except she's not as round as you."

I burst out laughing! It was adorable the way he said it and for once I didn't feel mortified. Five months ago I would have wanted to curl up and cry. Instead I laughed and patted him on the head and told him that one day I wouldn't be "as round as me" either. I talk to him now and then about stuff like this, like when we had lunch at Chik fil a, he offered me a fry and I shook my head and explained that I couldn't eat fries very often, so I was eating my fruit. Now he'll bring something to me and go, "This is healthy huh?"

Luckily his mother and father are both doctors so most of the stuff in their house is relatively healthy. Plain popcorn, fruit, milk, flavored water instead of sodas, etc.

One of my goals now is to hear him say something like, "you're not as round anymore"
  • LJCannon
    Options
    First off, Congratulations on not allowing his statement to cause you to have a meltdown, or to ruin your motivation. On a related story.......

My sister teaches gradeschool, and one of the little girls would come in every morning and give her a big hug--which because of their respective heights was always around my sister's stomach. One morning the little girl asked "Do you know why I like to hug you?" Of course, she said No, that she didn't know. The little girl said "Because you are fluffy and it makes me feel good." One of the other teachers started to reprimand the child and my sister said No, That is one of the nicest things I've been told.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    First off, Congratulations on not allowing his statement to cause you to have a meltdown, or to ruin your motivation. On a related story.......

My sister teaches gradeschool, and one of the little girls would come in every morning and give her a big hug--which because of their respective heights was always around my sister's stomach. One morning the little girl asked "Do you know why I like to hug you?" Of course, she said No, that she didn't know. The little girl said "Because you are fluffy and it makes me feel good." One of the other teachers started to reprimand the child and my sister said No, That is one of the nicest things I've been told.

I think that is sweet!!! I have 4 children I have been fluffy when they were babies/toddlers (and still am) except for when my oldest was a baby. They have always told me that I felt good becasue I was so soft. I knew that they were being sweet, just like that little girl that liked to hug your sister. My 8 year old always says momma you are so comfortable like a pillow, I told her not for long sissy.

By the way my cousin had a picture of 2 sheep and it said "Ewes not fat Ewes Fluffy" :laugh: I love that picture
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    You see that ticker down there? You see it?

That's right. It reads "30 pounds lost"

Oh yeah.

Last Week: 276
    This Week: 273

For a total of 3 pounds this week and 30 pounds over all. Whoot. Whoot. That means that sea world trip I planned for next weekend is not only most definitely ON, but it is most definitely WARRANTED. Check off one more from my mini goals list. Next... 40 pounds. Here I come thanksgiving.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    You see that ticker down there? You see it?

That's right. It reads "30 pounds lost"

Oh yeah.

Last Week: 276
    This Week: 273

For a total of 3 pounds this week and 30 pounds over all. Whoot. Whoot. That means that sea world trip I planned for next weekend is not only most definitely ON, but it is most definitely WARRANTED. Check off one more from my mini goals list. Next... 40 pounds. Here I come thanksgiving.

Congrats!!!!!!!! Great Job!!! I am proud of you

I am down.4
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You certainly DO deserve a trip. And just think of all the walking you can do at SeaWorld now:laugh: It is so good to meet these goals along the way.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!! :smile:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    3 Month follow up with the Doc today. Wish me luck! :ohwell:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Good Luck, and sending good vibes your way. Let us know how it goes.:happy:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Well I am "officially" off my meds. I'm terrible at taking pills so I haven't really been taking them. When I told my doc that she took me off them because my numbers are going down dramatically without the meds!

I started at about 44, when it should be 19 to be "normal." Now I'm down to 24. Not "normal" yet but she said that I should be in the normal range at my next 3 month check up if I "keep up the good work."

Yay. No more feeling guilty for not taking my meds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Weigh In!

Last week: 273.4
    This week: 271.7
    Lost this week: 1.7
    Total Lost: 31.3
    Left to lose for next goal (40 lbs): 8.7 (by thanksgiving)
    Left to lose for final goal (143 lbs): 111.7
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Well I am "officially" off my meds. I'm terrible at taking pills so I haven't really been taking them. When I told my doc that she took me off them because my numbers are going down dramatically without the meds!

I started at about 44, when it should be 19 to be "normal." Now I'm down to 24. Not "normal" yet but she said that I should be in the normal range at my next 3 month check up if I "keep up the good work."

Yay. No more feeling guilty for not taking my meds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good for you!!! This is huge and I think you should be so proud of yourself. You keep it up girl. Keep off the meds.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    WOO-HOO, You are doing GREAT!!! You are going to meet all your goals before you know it. It is hard work, but you have proved that you ARE up to the challenge. Keep up the good/hard work:happy:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Can i join in with you guys here. I too have about 1/2 of my weight to loose.

Started 310
    Current 304 (woohoo 6lbs gone)
    Goal : at least 160 (hadn't been under 165 in my adult life), maybe even down to like 140, we will see.

I pulled out a whole stack of my "skinny" pictures...I am using them as motivation, of course they were when I was 20-22 and I am now 34 , but i feel like i look and feel like more like 44. My skinny pictures were me at 165-200 , not exactly skin and bones but it is all i can remember so that what i am going for....Anything less than the over 300 lbs i have became is welcomed.

I have two little girls 6 and almost 3, i want to be able to do things with them, and hopefully they won't remember forever that there mom was too fat to do stuff and climb up the stairs. My 6 yr old does good, she will ask me if something has too much fat and stuff, one day she made sure and tell the lady sitting next to us that my mommy was on a diet and she can't have to much fat..cute and embarrassed at the same time. Today she helped me pull out my skinny pictures.

I have lots of little goals. Little ones, medium and big ones. My 1st weight goal is to get down to 275 this is about where i was when I got pregnant with my youngest daughter. I want to loose about 50lbs by my birthday in april , it is exactly 6 months from today.

I am lucky that my husband is very supportvie too, he is going on this weight loss journy with me, he has lots to loose too just not as much as me, he has about 85lbs to loose , but I know we WILL do it.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP. You will soon find all the support, encouragement, advice and friends than you can imagine. This is definately going to be a long journey, but TOGETHER we WILL SUCEED!!!
  • sunnygirl9338
    Options
    I would love to be in on this group! I am only 18 and I need to lose around 90 pounds to hit my goal weight. I can't wait to start seeing results and having people to help along the way!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Come on in!! The more the merrier. As long as you don't mind me being an old Lady among you kids.:laugh:

Welcome to MFP Sunnygirl!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    welcome to the new comers. Like to see new faces.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    -sigh-

Last Week: 271.7
    This Week: 272.7

I gained a pound. Doesn't surprise me because I went to my family's pizza shop and I was starving... stuffed my face. This is what I get. I know better than to go down there when I'm really hungry, all will power goes out the door. Ugh.

Today's a new day. Back on track and even though I HAVE to go down there this saturday, I will not be eating food there. I'll bring snacks and eat lunch somewhere else.