Are we there yet? Man in a kilt - cool or dorky?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• oreoaddict
    oreoaddict Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love kilts...think they are sexy on the right guy...if you can pull it off then go for it!!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    420397_408962255785474_100000151080211_1785316_973071538_n.jpg
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Digging up an old topic, I know, but I do want to add in my two cents. I am an American, but I do know my family line has enough Scots blood in it to claim at least three different tartans (I chose my grandfather's line for tradition's sake). After competing for the last six years at Highland games around the southeastern states, I have learned the following:

1. There is no reason you shouldn't wear a kilt - I got married in my kilt, my son has a kilt, and we wear them every chance we can.
    2. Utilikilts and other "neo-traditional" kilts still count. You'd get maybe half a glance if you try competing in one, but for the most part, no one minds.
    3. If you're interested in a tartan kilt but don't want to drop the $400-600 for a full tailored version, go to SportKilt. They're perfectly fine for everyday usage, cooler in the summer, and much, MUCH more affordable.
    4. It doesn't matter how big you are, the ladies think you look better in a kilt.
    5. There IS plenty of Scots blood in the US - most of the southern Appalachians are FILLED with old Scots communities. I dare you to go to places like Laurinberg, NC (who is a sister city to Oban, Scotland) and say that.

If you want to rock the kilt (traditional, or no - Highland athletes definitely do NOT do traditional), then go for it. It takes courage to push the "rules" that say you shouldn't, and to quote Sport Kilt:

A MAN IN A KILT IS A MAN AND A HALF.
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have a Kilt and I wear it with pride! (and yes, nothing worn underneath)
  • sin2001
    sin2001 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wear a kilt and love it. Men get pissed. Not sure why. Because 1 there lady loves them or 2 there gealouse because I got more balls than them to wear it.
    You can find kilts all over the place for under 100. There are tartans for everything now days. Even solid ones that have pockets which is nice not having to wear a sporran.

The last person who called it a skirt I kilt him.
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Kilts are hot. Go for it. Rock it every time you step out in it!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    420397_408962255785474_100000151080211_1785316_973071538_n.jpg

This
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    http://madscribings.blogspot.com/2010/11/dressed-to-kilt.html

I double dog dare anyone to tell Samuel L Jackson he looks dorky in a kilt.
  • sin2001
    sin2001 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have found wearing a kilt gives you a little bit more pip to your step. Its a mindset that you realize your man enough to wear a Kilt. Walk tall and proud saying some of the toughest warriors wore Kilts All until the horse got introduced then they turned to pants.

Also remember its called a skirt if you got something on under it. Its a kilt when its just you and the wind.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    A man in a kilt is cool, there is absolutely nothing uncool about it. I love kilts :heart:
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    I got one word .. OHPIPER ! Yummy !!!!! He is a mfp friend.. and he rocks that **** ! woo hoo !!!! :love:
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    ewan-mcgregor-in-kilt.jpg
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm actually ordering one for after my races. I'm always having to strip naked in the parking lot to get out of my sweaty clothes for the after party. With the kilt, you just put it on and slip the sweaty shorts off! Easy peasy!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....Ewan....:tongue:

My husband has one and wears it with the rest of his family at times to different events. TBH, it just annoys me. The only connection they have to their Scottish heritage is drinking a ton at these events and wearing kilts.
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I've worn one. It was plain black as Im Welsh and cant claim any Clan.

I think i have good legs and I went "traditional"....

Drunk ladies love it! :blushing:

Outstanding answer!