Are we there yet? Man in a kilt - cool or dorky?

Options

Replies

• coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you have nice legs, I think it is hot. I love kilts.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    If you can claim any kind if Scottish heritage and wear a properly tailored kilt in your clan tartan, it's not only cool, it's as sexy as hell.

Under any other circumstances, you're just a man in a skirt.
    This, although it's not just the Scotts that wear kilts... Indeed it wasn't even the Scotts that invented them.

Both of these. I live in the UK and when I got married a couple of years ago, my husband's French uncle bought and wore a kilt to the wedding. He was the only one in a kilt and I found it a little strange, but decided to roll with it since I was also wearing something nobody else thought to wear. ;)
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I've worn one. It was plain black as Im Welsh and cant claim any Clan.

I think i have good legs and I went "traditional"....

Drunk ladies love it! :blushing:
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    men in kilts = freaking HOT!

*swoon*
  • samdancer86
    samdancer86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I've worn one. It was plain black as Im Welsh and cant claim any Clan.

I think i have good legs and I went "traditional"....

Drunk ladies love it! :blushing:

Yeah they do ;-)
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a casual kilt for OCCASIONAL weekend wear. Church, dinners out, summer happenings. My old friend Kase wore one to the company Xmas party last year and totally pulled it off.

So what's the MFP gang's verdict? Interesting kooky fun - or "Mark of a *kitten*/attention *kitten*"?

I do have a pretty decent pair of sticks, if that makes any diff.

Be honest, I can take it.

(Edited to add the word "Occasional". I'm not planning to wear the silly thing every day. There are times and places where this might make sense, and I have a pretty good idea when to stick to normal garb.)

Definintely sexy!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    At the highland games? Cool
    Every day walking around? Depends on the situation
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think kilts are manly, i would wear one given the chance
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Kilts are awesome and that one in particular is super awesome.

Rock it, LIKE A SIR
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Will you model it for us? Please?
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nothing sexier than a man wearing a kilt properly but then I'm Scottish so I'm biased...if you do decide to wear it please, please, please don't wear it too short or too long, just in the middle of the knee is perfect length :)
    Oh, and we want pics!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I wish it was more socially acceptable for men to wear kilts, they look great!
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    I've worn it with work boots and big socks and a big jumper...seemed popular.. even with me wearing it:laugh:
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've worn it with work boots and big socks and a big jumper...seemed popular.. even with me wearing it:laugh:

Pic?
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    somewhere...I'll have a look...:bigsmile:

Just remember!!!!!!

WHAT THE EYES SEE, CANNOT BE UNSEEN!!!!!

:laugh:
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Very Hot! Do it!
  • innerpretty
    Options
    If you like it, go for it! All I'm thinking of right now is the scene in Made of Honor where Patrick Dempsey has a WAAAAAY too short kilt, but if yours fits and you enjoy wearing it, what's going to stop you?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I wish it was more socially acceptable for men to wear kilts, they look great!
    I wish it was more socially acceptable to wear kilts because my boys would have so much more room to breathe.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i do not find that attractive, but thats me.

i wear a lot of things other people dont find attractive, but i do it for me so who cares.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I can't find the quote right now, but I know there's a saying that even if you have just the tiniest trace of Scots in your family, you're Scottish.

Colonial America was loaded with Scots, so chances are pretty good that if there's rumors of it in your blood, it's there.
    That's the Irish, not the Scots.

Anyway, unless you have a Scots (great)grandparent, the bloodline is so watered down it's barely noticeable.

To the OP, I think you'd look good in the outfit (I don't really class it as a kilt as they are specifications which make a kilt a kilt and most of the casual so-called kilts don't meet those specs.)

I think it would look cool when riding your bike! :wink: