Need to loss 28 pounds in 6 weeks.... Meal Ideas Needed!

Options

Replies

• StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I once lost 30 lbs. in 2 months.. But I was over 300 lbs. and dang nearly sedentary and BREATHING rapidly probably would've lost me a couple pounds, but seriously, If you are NOT morbidly obese and sedentary, that weight ain't going anywhere fast, and if you UNDEREAT, you'll most likely gain due to your body trying to hold onto to what you do give it, you'll also begin to suffer from lethargy and headaches. I recommend, You start trying to lose those 28 pounds... 12 weeks ago!! The correct way!!
  • StartingAnewDay
    Options
    So based on the responses I see, everyone here should hate the biggest loser and thus their ill-gained products as much as I do, and only watch it for it's entertainment/article writing motivation that it inspires????

I don't watch, to me that show sucks and is demoralizing. top it off, a lot of the things they do is very dangerous to their joints, 'says the formarly 400 lb girl who was jumping rope, jogging, squatting, lunging with plates, leg pressing close to 400 lbs. that now has arthritis, hip issues, 2 torn meniscuses, platars fasciitis and tarsal tunnel'

You know.. none of that hurt while i was doing it.. Now fast forward a year.... :/
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    So based on the responses I see, everyone here should hate the biggest loser and thus their ill-gained products as much as I do, and only watch it for it's entertainment/article writing motivation that it inspires????

I hate that show! I find it unbelievable that 1 person could lose 5% of their weight in a week.
  • StartingAnewDay
    Options

I hate that show! I find it unbelievable that 1 person could lose 5% of their weight in a week.

No, when your morbidly obese and close to sedentary to begin with, you can, but at a COST. These shows pray on people's desperation. It's a mental as well as physical hurt to be that large, to not have resources, to not know where to begin, and a show like that is just hurtful. it does more harm than good..
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    Come on people. The OP asked a perfectly reasonable question!!

OK her target may be a little ambitious but those of us who have struggled with our weight know what it feels like to panic before a forthcoming social event and want to lose as much as possible.

Well done to those of you who have answered with empathy and sensible suggestions - to the sarcastic and just plain snipey/weird/condescending - GIVE THE GIRL A BREAK.

OP, 1200 calories of good protein, wholemeal carbs and fresh vegetables, loads of water and cardio until you drop is all I can suggest. Buy some spanx and a confidence boosting outfit or two but most of all, enjoy your trip xxx
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    OP, 1200 calories of good protein, wholemeal carbs and fresh vegetables, loads of water and cardio until you drop is all I can suggest. Buy some spanx and a confidence boosting outfit or two but most of all, enjoy your trip xxx

Cardio has no direct impact on weight loss. If she's a hard core scale watcher, cardio may actually slow the scale's descent.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options

Cardio has no direct impact on weight loss. If she's a hard core scale watcher, cardio may actually slow the scale's descent.

I dont claim to be any kind of expert but I have lost a considerable amount of weight by creating a calorie deficit using exactly the above method. If cardio has no direct effect impact on weight loss then maybe I was just lucky???
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hello dearie. Sorry about all the snark you are getting, most of us on here have tried all the fad diet, quick weightloss schemes and have little patience with them anymore. I do agree with the majority that your goal is unrealistic. I would recommend setting up MFP for a loss of 1lb a week maximum unless you, in total, have over 50 lbs to lose.

Make sure you eat all the calories that are recommended and work out 5 or 6 times a week. 3 days of weights and 2 or three of cardio sessions of around 45 minutes.

Don't make yourself ill over a holiday.

^^^^^^great post!

by doing some mental 'starvation diet' which is what you will have to do to lose so much weight so quickly, all you will do is end up thinner but flabby which is NOT a good look for a hen do, and also in the process screw up your metabolism by losing muscle so you put all the weight straight back on plus more when you eat anything more than a few leaves a day!!!!!!!!

The best thing you can do is set sensible goals on MFP as the above poster said, and add in some weight training, this will build muscle, muscle burns more calories even doing nothing, and you will lose more INCHES rather than lbs which will have you looking smaller and better for your hen do :-)
  • jacksonpt
    Options

I dont claim to be any kind of expert but I have lost a considerable amount of weight by creating a calorie deficit using exactly the above method. If cardio has no direct effect impact on weight loss then maybe I was just lucky???

No, the deficit is what lost the weight, not the cardio. You may have used cardio to create the deficit, but you can also create the deficit by simply eating less. I think we may be talking semantics here as it sounds like you understand the general concept.

Many people think they will lose weight if they exercise. Not true. You lose weight be burning more cals than you consume. How exactly you accomplish that is up to you.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I managed to lose 27.5 pounds in a 6 week period during my weight loss but I was 360 pounds at the start of that 6 weeks. I am only on cardio exercise and diet. I can't do strength training due to risk of injury to a cornea transplant and already have had problems with it.
  • jacksonpt
    Options

I agree with you in that cardio doesn't have a direct effect on weight loss. I am interested in how cardio can slow the scale decent. Are you talking about water retention?

Yep. Which in time will balance out, but...
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Amazing, I've been to a job interview and came back to see this thread still alive... much to my disappointment no one is talking about cat food anymore though :sad:
  • dizzydi1968
    Options

No, the deficit is what lost the weight, not the cardio. You may have used cardio to create the deficit, but you can also create the deficit by simply eating less. I think we may be talking semantics here as it sounds like you understand the general concept.

Many people think they will lose weight if they exercise. Not true. You lose weight be burning more cals than you consume. How exactly you accomplish that is up to you.

Thats a fair point, however the OP did ask how the best way to achieve a (admittedly fairly unrealistic) 28 pounds loss in 6 weeks. Healthy, reduced calorie eating and calorie burning exercise is still her best plan.

The real point of my post was to get the nasties off her back, the girl asked for help.
  • mom2lakenjj
    Options
    Come on people. The OP asked a perfectly reasonable question!!

OK her target may be a little ambitious but those of us who have struggled with our weight know what it feels like to panic before a forthcoming social event and want to lose as much as possible.

Well done to those of you who have answered with empathy and sensible suggestions - to the sarcastic and just plain snipey/weird/condescending - GIVE THE GIRL A BREAK.

What she said!!!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!! Alot of these people apparently have their heads crammed so far up their butts they cant think straight! I have lost 31lbs in 8wks....if you would like some of my suggestions just msg me. All together i am wanting to lose 40ish lbs.

Im not trying to be mean but this isnt healthy..on some days your eating less then 400 cals..your body needs more then what your eating to even work.

Not only that, you've also lost muscle. This will be detrimental to your health in the long run.

Agreed! I also looked at your diary... you are starving yourself. You are exercising for OVER FOUR HOURS A DAY!

If I were you, I'd get to a doctor as quick as possible. Your food and exercise diary screams eating disorder. It's not right to be telling others to follow the same thing.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

WOW....That is just ignorant..... Go tell that to millions of people who actually lost weight by burning more calories....And if you do cardio you burn more calories....Not bashing strengh training as it is essential, but saying that cardio has NO impact on fat loss.???:noway: :yawn:
  • mom2lakenjj
    Options
    I mean why would anyone even want to post a question on here about ANYTHING?? This OP was literally attacked!!! Made fun of?? What the crap?? And then dizzydi1968 tries to HELP this OP and in turn she gets attacked!!!! WOW!!!! I thought this place was somewhere to get HELP?? OH and as far as the girl who posted about losing a certain amount in 6 weeks? WHO CARES HOW SHE DID IT OR DOES IT?? Then people jump on her case also!! FREE COUNTRY last time I checked!!!! Bunch of just out right mean people here! I started a thread about what worked for me a couple of weeks ago and it received several SEVERAL comments!! Most mean of course and I got the biggest laugh at what a big controversy my little post started..just comical really!! NOW say what you want to me and give me something else to laugh at!! :laugh:
  • jacksonpt
    Options

WOW....That is just ignorant..... Go tell that to millions of people who actually lost weight by burning more calories....And if you do cardio you burn more calories....Not bashing strengh training as it is essential, but saying that cardio has NO impact on fat loss.???:noway: :yawn:

No *DIRECT* impact. Read my subsequent posts if you actually want to understand.

You strike me as a "It worked for me..." person.
  • varosalynn3
    varosalynn3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try the 17 day diet. It work for a lot of people at my job and had lost 20lbs in 1 month. But you must stick with it. But I love my wine and my spirits and that diet does not work for me.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options

No *DIRECT* impact. Read my subsequent posts if you actually want to understand.

You strike me as a "It worked for me..." person.

Anecdotals...the bane of the fitness industry and the main reason noone really knows jack crap! EVERYTHING "WORKS"