How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I had 2 kids and was in an abusive relationship for 15 years. Suffered from depression along the way and food became my one and only companion that was "kind to me" at the time and worked my up to 210 pounds.
  • mariacamera
    mariacamera Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person who gained weight from participating in a physical activity, but after I started Ballroom dancing, my social life improved so much that I would go out eating and drinking WAY more than I used to, so I gained about 20 lbs. and never took it off. Having said that, I LOVE chocolate and sweets such as Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake. It's not called "Pound Cake" for nothing! I have been on and off a diet since I was 12. I'm hoping that I can take off about 20 or so, and keep it off. It may not sound like a lot, but to me, it's very difficult.
  • CiaLashelle
    CiaLashelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't eat enough during the day, and when I do eat it is very unhealthy.
  • scorpionqueen72
    scorpionqueen72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amber Lyn Chocolate is awesome....no sugar...low carbs...you will feel like your being bad but you're not...trust me :)
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Taking care of 4 kids and not taking care of myself. Over eating and not exercising.
  • chelley0216
    Options
    I think little tiny elves kept sneaking in while I slept and sprinkled fat dust on my behind and belly. The double chin, and arms came from poor eating habits and the love of every stinking food that was put on this planet. Seriously, I am just now learning what I have done wrong over the last 20 years in the way of healthy eating. So far, I have learned skipping meals is just as bad as eating too much in one meal. I will eat healthy for a day, skip a day and drink coffee for lack of time or convenience...and then the next day I eat like I am a trucker who won't find a restaurant for 3 days because they are in the vast wilderness. So, the end result??? Well, a metabolism that doesn't know what to do, so it does nothing! Add in a dose of menopause, medicine for aches and pains, insomnia...and VVWWALA!! Instant fat girl! This was my first day with my nutritionist and she taught me more in two hours, than I have learned from any diet program! I am now officially not on a diet...I am on a "life plan"...I like that! :bigsmile:
  • 0BigLouie0
    Options
    I used to ride my bike or walk everywhere, and didn't worry about my weight. Then I moved to the country, got a car, and quit walking and biking. The pounds have just been creeping on year by year.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Mine snuck up on me. I think it was a combination of comfort eating, drinking too much/too often, and not taking into consideration that my body/lifestyle was changing as I got older.
    Exactly.
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well, I gained most of my weight from going on prednisone for Crohn's Disease. I was up to 175 mg per day at one time. I stayed on them for over 7 years. I could not quit eating. I wanted all the food I could get my hands on. I am finally off of them. Every now and then I go back on them for the Disease.

I am also taking other medications that cause weight gain. But I am finally realizing this and trying to take control of my weight. I am now exercising and trying to eat healthy...I know its one day at a time...to lose what I have put on.
  • Taramotto
    Taramotto Posts: 17
    Options
    I like to blame my weight gain on my boyfriend, lol. He's very tall and lean and can eat anything he wants and I tried to keep up. After 4 years together I've gained 55 pounds. Uggh! I guess the truth is I just got comfortable and lazy and eating like I'm still in my teens while I'm in my thirties didn't help either.

I just started this weight loss journey and I have high hopes, Here's hoping we all get the results we're looking for!
  • bdsweetie21
    Options
    Met an awesome guy, became really happy/comfortable, started eating more and doing less active things, gained 23 lbs over 4 years. (I'm a happy eater, not a depressed eater... counter-intuitive huh?) LOL
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bad diet after I had my second one and no exercise for 2 years.
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A shoulder injury and shoulder blade tear waited 2 years for surgery. Stress eater. You pick it likely contributed.....Oh and I like cheese
  • NataschaMarie333
    NataschaMarie333 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ohh man, Ive always been a chunkadunk of a kid. And have been overweight pretty much my entire life. When I was younger, I was really active...an army brat even so I always had kids to play outside with. Buut my momabear also worked fast food for a bit so I also consumed a whopper meal (with cheese, extra pickles/Mayo and fancy sauce for my fries) just about every day!

Then as I got older, and began entering the world of dating...I was a yo-yo of different weights, but it wasn't until I started dating my ex of 4 years that I really started packing it on, between our shared love of eating and my constant desire to please him through my cooking and baking! Ohhh goodness! I got up to close to 170, Im 5'4" before I realised I needed to do something about it.

There's also the fact that I can be quite the competitive eater! I seriously can eat a huge meal, wait a few minutes and be fully prepared for dessert, I have yet to master taming that hunger beast! And the majority of my friends are guys so there's that constant pride issue there where I have this constant need to show them Im tough **** and can dominate a whole pizza too! Or Chinese places...be the winner of how many plates! But Ive pretty much givin in to that!

Ohhh and then there's my drunken retard stage that lasted from age 20-23, and partying 3-5 nights a week. Though I regret none of it...and it was a lot of fun, Im more than grown out of that stage!

Took me 2 years to get semi close to my goal, and hasn't been since a year ago that Ive actually stuck with it!
    Buuut, maybe being single has a lot to do with that! Single Tasch has always been a much healthier Tasch! ;-) Instead Im trying out "healthy desserts" and testing them on friends! Oh and also making new friends with the same goals as me helps a lot!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    1982 x lazy + food + NES (and successors) = me
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i think ive been overweight since i was 10 or so - puberty hit around then and it suckeddddd.
    when i was in high school i was able to maintain 180 ish or so, wasnt really eating right but i went to the gym regularly. after high school i got up to about 220, being lazy and skipping meals, etc.
    met my husband around then, and we started partying together..bar hopping almost every night, eating lots of junk food and playing video games got me up to 260 in about a year or so.. got pregnant - dont remember how high i got during the first pregnancy, but during the second i think i got up to 290ish. got back down to 250 while breastfeeding and then back up to 280 or so.. every time id try to lose id get down to 260 or 250 and then either give up or just slowly start slacking off again. but im done with all that this time :D
    was 236.2 last time i weighed in - and i cant wait to reach my next goal of 220
  • cattraxs
    cattraxs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Way over eating - totally lost sight of the portions control. Joined WW in late Jan and have lost 20 lbs in 7 weeks; owe it to getting back on track with my portions and cutting out the daily intermittent snackathon.
  • laurenbals
    Options
    I went abroad and really let my diet and exercise routine go. I ate tons of fattening food and drank a lot too (all which was worth it!). I think stopping exercising was really the main problem because in the past I had been able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted knowing I would burn it off and exercising would keep my metabolism moving. Before I went to Spain for three months, I would exercise for about two hours everyday! Now I am working hard to lose what I put on and get back on track.
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    I was always chubby as a child, but since we lived in NY, it never got out of hand. I'd walk 5 miles in a day without noticing it. All the stairs, trying to beat traffic on foot, it added up to some good exercise. But we moved to FL a few years ago and my lack of portion control and deliberate exercise came back to haunt me. It doesn't help that i LOVE food. I love to cook it, smell it, eat it...The only reason i didn't become a chef is because the food would never make it out the kitchen.
  • chidan10
    chidan10 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, that's nice