How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Combination of medication and eating out too much.
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    For starters I was never "skinny" but I guess it 1st started after I had surgery for galstones. Then later on I lost that. I actually lost quite a bit of weight within about a year but then I was working 2 jobs then after that a job that was anywhere from 40-60hrs a week so I started eating fast food a lot so naturally I gained weight from that and it was quite a bit of weight too. A few months later from that my husband, friend, mom and I did our own weight loss challange and I lost about 20lbs in 2 months gained about 5lbs back or so. Just pretty much stayed at the same weight. About a year or so later I found out I was pregnant. I am now 31 weeks and have gained 12lbs while being pregnant but it's for a positive reason. :):wink:
  • 0namission
    Options
    One of My Favorite Things to Do is Read and Eat....and i never exercised..so id find myself laying on my bed reading and eating..Id dget Giddy if i had a great book and a Plate of food!....so yeah..lol I eat alot and do not enough
  • anitajagassar
    Options
    I got married and thought I didn't "need" a scale until all I could fit in was elastic waists
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy (steroids and bedrest) and eating.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Went from a sprint triathlon a month and being single to being a husband/ dad and an unhealthy addiction to WOW for 4 years.

I love WoW!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I got fat by eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted...and then eating some more.
  • dypab
    dypab Posts: 19
    Options
    1 year+ of being on the road and eating out at every meal 4 days a week without working out ! Gathered frequent flier miles and poundage at the same time.
  • fruittart7
    Options
    surgery and not being able to exercise + lack of portion control
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    For me it was having a baby and using food for comfort when i was stressed...happy or sad...now i like to workout when I have these feelings =)
  • christinerush
    Options
    Well, was living alone and struggling to afford to buy decent food to eat so ate very little or lots of bread! Then met and married my hubby two years ago and spoilt him by making cakes, biscuits and desserts and of course joined in and ate them myself! Throw in depression and too much time spent on the couch and there you have it!
  • laurenrebeccabentley
    Options
    crisps are my enemy! i have a ridiculous obsession with them :(
  • Jcollins1980
    Options
    When I was in high school I was about 130lbs. I was a short and scrawny kid no girls seemed to have any interest in. When I was 19-20 I decided to bulk up and generally appear more awesome. I got a gym membership and got up to 140lbs, but it just wasn't as sufficient as I wanted and I got discouraged and tired of it.

Then I finished school and got my first professional job. For the first time I had more money than I knew what to do with and I bought all the (junk) food I never felt I'd gotten enough of before. So basically, stopped exercising, and starting having ice cream floats for every meal's drink. Finally, I found the secret to gaining weight!

My food got a least a bit more reasonable, but I never did really start exercising again. So 10+ yrs later I found myself up to 195lbs. Standing straight and looking down, I couldn't see my toes anymore. I stopped getting shoes with laces. I stopped trusting the buttons on my pants, which were already a couple sizes higher than I told myself I'd go.

I made a few dieting attempts that I didn't stick to more than a week, but finally came here and decided I meant it this time.
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    emotional eating

Happy + food = awesome times
    bored + food = not bored for as long as it takes me to eat it
    sad + food = happy

you get the idea
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I was always bigger, but quitting smoking added 30 pounds real quick, and that made it official.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Starting dating my boyfriend, went back to school, starting eating too much fast food, drank too much, stopped working out.

I only gained about 20 pounds in a year, I hit 150 and said enough is enough!

This is almost exactly the same as my story, except for me, it was working, not school.
  • missbehavin2
    Options
    I think for me I thought Id be thin forever i thought I would never have to battl with weight weighing only 90 lbs most way through hs & 120 after 4 children, I thought I had great genes then I stopped exersising I kept eating whatever I wanted & however much I wanted & before I knew it I did not reconise the person in the mirror or in my photos. It has been a very hard thing for me & I am not sure how to fix a life long habbit of bad eating
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I got a job at a fast food restaurant my senior year of high school.. gained forty pounds =|
  • yherrman
    yherrman Posts: 19
    Options
    I quit smoking, and in three weeks had gained 20 lbs! I started smoking again and stopped gaining. I quit again and gained another 20 lbs. Went to see my doctor who said "you're 35 now, can't keep eating like you're 20!" so I watched what I ate, and tried to quit smoking again, another 20 lbs! Went back to the doctor, he was no help, so I went to another doctor, who diagnosed me with hypothyroidism. Blech! Now I am trying to lose the weight.
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    3 kids then lost it all,
    office work gained it back,
    older kids encouraged me to lose most of it again -
    then the big D - Depression - put it all back on plus 35 more pounds.
    At 53 all the kids are grown and I am looking toward retirement so I decided (with encouragement from all the kids (by blood and by choice)) that i wanted to live to enjoy retirement. I am now down 14 pounds with a goal to lose of 55 pounds total.:happy: