How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I gained when I recovered from anorexia the first time. Went from 118 to 128 in the blink of an eye. Time to lose it again.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Mostly it's portion size.

But also I'm an emotional eater, and allowed it to slowly sneak up.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    junk food addiction coupled with an inability to define hunger/fullness (apparently an unfortunate side effect of alexithymia) unless I am extremely starving or extremely full.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Bad marriage....then gained even more through the divorce. Finally happy with myself and my life!
  • ctbunch29
    ctbunch29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got married...
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    eating a lot of pasta, pizza, noodles, rice without thinking about the portions. i eat whenever i want. i don't drink soda because i hate the gassy feeling.. but i love bubble tea... it's high in sugar... VERY VERY addictive. plus i sit in front of the computer more than moving my *kitten*... lol
  • MRSJACKON22
    Options
    I was on depo, not really being active with going to the gym, and not caring about my portion size.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    2 kids in 3 years nuff said lol
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I was overweight as a kid, and it just got worse the older I got.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Carbs, eating late at night, chocolate, sedentary
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    An injury to a vein in my groin was very easily aggravated and became painful. i slowly realised that i couldn't use my core, or my legs for anything more than walking a few hundred metres at a time, and carrying less than 5kg (preferably not up stairs).

In a year I put on 12 kgs (25 pounds?).

Additionally I had a major anxiety issue and spent about 2 months not really leaving my room and eating only the most simple carbs, so I put on about 4 of those kilos during this time. Oh, also started antidepressants (for anxiety).

Mad chocolate binges are never good, but they're really not good when you can't move much, haha. Other than that my portion control was usually good, total cals (back-estimating) were okay, and the quality of the food was usually not amazing but not terrible.
  • babyboo221
    Options
    Mirena ( birth control )
  • SublimelyMe
    Options
    I gained weight by being obsessed with my weight. Then I gained more by developing an unhealthy diet of practically alcohol alone. Then I ate.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    After the birth of my second child I began working the night shift. I would sleep all day with the baby and eat horribly all night at work. Then, I got laid-off and spent two years unemployed and depressed. I definitely turned to food for comfort. Overall, I just developed really bad habits including not getting adequate sleep and using caffeine (both soda and coffee) to compensate for the lack of rest. Moral of story: bad choices lead to bad results.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just love food! All of it. Healthy, junk, fried, carbs........
  • schellm12
    schellm12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've always been overweight except for in high school I was my thinnest but once I moved out on my own did a lot of drinking and partying and it all just added up. I put on the most weight I would say while married though and having my first child. I always felt like I needed other people to work out and I never motivated myself to just do it. Until now!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Well, I was born at 7 lbs and a few ounces, and I ended up doubling my weight, oh, about 5 times plus a few pounds.

Seriously, I was about 135 lbs until high school, (I'm 5'7") gained a few pounds but still was all right through college. Graduated, got married a year later, was really into weight training, looked fantastic.

Moved to an area without friends or family, long commute, jobs I hated. Got pregnant, and lost all of the excess weight post-pregnancy. I still looked good. A few years later in another job I hated, got laid off, father died, had baby, all within a year. Weight was high, but still 70 lbs less than my highest.

Eventually, life kept dishing out difficult situations: Personal issues, dissatisfaction, job loss, new job with strange hours and a lot of stress, husband lost job, etc. That led to my all time high weight of 263. I'm down to 233 now, but am looking to lose another 95 lbs.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've never been the most active, but on top of that I just make horrible food choices. I KNOW what I should do, but I just never do it. I get caught up in the "it's gonna take too long to get the weight off, so why worry about it". The only thing that mentality has brought me is more weight. I lost 22lbs about 6 years ago and was at my goal weight. Since then I've gone back to my old habits and not only gained that 22lbs back, but an additional 30lbs. I've just never found balance in moderation, I either eat well and lose weight, or I eat horribly. Balance will be key for me.
  • milzu
    milzu Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me it was being unhappy in my relationship and forming bad habits like drinking too much and eating snacks when I got home from work. Now I have a no alcohol during the week rule, and I have formed good habits, like walking the dog or doing a half hour circuit when I get home from work.
  • tradingfoods
    tradingfoods Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi i was in a car wreck about 20 years ago and hurt back neck and shoulder, so hurt a lot and don't sleep all night most nights. after a while learned to live with it and continued to work and deal with it. it got better to a point but over years and time did less and less because it would hurt. i'm ok now until i lift something heavy or it is going to rain lol. then i got a job in office as personnel manager, with lots of stress and not a lot of exercise things just snowballed. gained more and more and felt worse and worse and then just stopped eating during the day and that was the wrong thing to do to. really gained then and got to the point i didn't feel like walking from the truck to office and would hurt all over. but now eating right and three small meals and two snacks, i am feeling better and now walking almost a mile and a half. want to loose lots more and get healthier.