How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    9 children in 13 years...depression after one a child died 15 years ago...but mainly eating and not exercising.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My mother died and I drank myself nearly to death... Beer really is VERY fattening
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    9 children in 13 years...depression after one a child died 15 years ago...but mainly eating and not exercising.

WOW 9 children ...
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    Wow, that's nice

The cooking? The bad habits?
  • 1toInfinity
    1toInfinity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All my weight came from 3 close together pregnancies and poor eating afterwards.
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    Yeah, pregnancy seems to do it for a lot of people.
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For me it was a combination of a few things....I had a hysterectormy and then quit smoking 3 months later. The weight came on..I blamed not smoking....then the weight went out of control...even when I dieted and exercised...so I went to the Dr.....found out it was my THYROID.....

that was 15 years ago.... :angry:
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty much overweight since I was a kid (even though I've always been pretty active) with a roller coaster history of weight loss/weight gain. A lot of it probably stems from southern style cooking (growing up) as well as the genetics in my family as almost everyone in my family is overweight. I'm trying to trick my genetics to being skinny from now on :wink:
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've been heavy on and off my entire life. Started when I was 8 years old or so, lost weight for a while in junior high and high school, then had my first child at 15 years old. I did manage to get my weight back down somewhat after my first, I'm 5'4" and got down to 160, but shortly after that I started gaining massive amounts of weight.

My heaviest was 280 pounds after my second child was born. Frankly I ate whatever I wanted. Deluded myself into thinking that whatever I was eating wasn't that bad, and compounded it by not exercising. The lowest I've been since I've had all three of my kids is right this minute at 186, but I was diagnosed with diabetes and I'm finally serious about it.
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Beer and video games haha
  • Shae3891
    Shae3891 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I got caught up in Grad School and stopped "finding time" for the gym and then when the weight started coming on I thought well I'm already fat, what difference will it make if I eat that. The my mom died suddenly and I just gave up all together. Luckily I graduated and I don't stay depressed for long and I'm bouncing back ;)
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    dieting.
    really. I wasn't fat at all when I started. (thought i was, though.) Then the undereat/overeat starve/binge thing did me in.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Mostly lack of exercise and eating too much. I also suffered with depression and emotional eating after the physical and emotional abuse at the hands of my father and ex. I still struggle with emotional eating; but I try to not let it get out of hand.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Living in resort areas. Drinking martinis and tropical drinks and eating too much. Buffets. Expense Accounts. Unconscious eating -- just enjoying! The so-called "Good Life!" I had no idea I was wrecking my health!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I was never a skinny child.. I was fit though. When I was 12, I was 120 pounds. And over 7 years, managed to gain another 20.
    So I do not know, if this is my natural weight or not...

How ever, I was a strange child.. I would melt cheese in a microwave and eat... I'm guessing it was because I ate like a fatty hahaha.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    3 Babies and being lazy, And sugar I love Sugar so yeah lots of reasons but I am trying to make it go away now.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Three reasons:
    1. Having junk food every night for dinner my entire child/adolescent life up until I started making my own money and buying my own food.
    2. Not getting enough exercise.
    3. Chocolateeeee
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    having kids.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    3 big boys!! Oh yeah and cookies ::laugh:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    To quote a random person at a party, "I didn't get fat by being industrious." Most hilarious ice-breaker I've ever heard.