How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• lorelei105
    lorelei105 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Having a kid! I was always super skinny with a fast metabolism, and never paid attention to calories or portions, so I didn't while I was pregnant either. After I had my daughter I found myself at 145, which is HUGE on my frame. Now it's 2 1/2 years later and I have taken control of my weight through exercise and diet, and I am down to the weight I was when I graduated high school.
  • ChristinaShinn
    Options
    I have 4 children, 3 in 3 years and became a SAHM. I use to be a CNA and was on my feet a lot and once I stopped it just slowly creeped on.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and World of Warcraft!
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Moved in with a boyfriend right out of high school and stopped caring about what I ate. And I never exercised.

I dropped the guy, now I just need to drop the weight!
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    8-10 cans of mountain dew a day
    Fried food for every meal
    Smashing over 3000 calories a day
    Snacking/ grazing out of boredom
    2 pregnancies
    Birth control
    Zero exercise

Seriously on some days I went through a 12 pack of mountain I was so addicted. Given the choice I would give up a meal for a can of dew.
    By the way, I haven't had a mountain dew since the 6th of march!! AND my birthday was the 8th!!!
  • McMellll
    McMellll Posts: 15
    Options
    ate too much while i was pregnant- although i only ate what i was craving- which was junk.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    14 + pages of excuses.

You got fat because you got fat, as I did. Simple as that. You ate too much and did not exercise enough.

Kudos to every one for fixing that.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    stopped dancing, stopped playing softball
    started consoling most of my issues with food, i'd eat when i was bored too.
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was always a little over weight but I still looked really healthy. But after tearing an old surgery and having a c section it was that much harder to do any hard core working out. Then I got lazy and didn't care anymore. Now I'm down 31 lbs total and 15 since joining MFP! So I'm working towards my goal slowly but surely.
  • Knsantisteban
    Knsantisteban Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was active in middle school and half of highschool. After that I went from 135 to 220. I just started to gain weight rapidly :sad:
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    I was pretty average, 135, I got pregnant and gained an obscene amount of weight. I pretty much stopped working out and my portion sizes became bigger. I gave birth and lost some but got pregnant again 6 months later so I was pretty much pregnant for 2 years. After that I just gave up because it seemed impossible to get back to where I was. I'm trying now but am pretty discouraged at the moment.
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    one word! BEER!!! i run a pub :drinker: :happy:
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've never "gained" weight. I'm 15 pounds less now (at 25) than I was at 15.
  • Nika_gomez001
    Options
    Quit doing sport and all the muscle turned to fat. :( Anyway now that i'm back at it I'm still gaining weight, but its just the muscle coming back because everything is toning and becoming compact, but I get heavier. Oi! Luckily I know muscle is heavier then fat or I'd be freaking out!!!
  • Jlburroughs
    Options
    Easy question. I'm in a good relationship. More time with my boyfriend and much less time working out.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    My thyroid went wrong in my early 30's and I got crippling fatigue (mostly bed bound for a while) and ended up with permanent mobility problems from the neurological condition that resulted from it. I reached 16 stone at my largest (only 5ft 3 and 1/2).

Once got thyroid levels right again I at least had the energy to cope with pushing myself around in manual chair, had an helper then with car so they used to take me to shopping centre so could push myself around for a few hours and also got hydrotherapy to start with. I went from 16st down to 11st 7, but then a few years back put a stone on due to meds they put me on and got stuck at 12st 7 for about a year... came off them last year as I couldn't shift any weight and was getting severely depressed started dieting last June and nearly at my goal now.. 3lbs to go.. to get back to 9st 7, which I was before my health problems started!

I've learned loads since joining this forum last August so hopefully can keep the weight off this time throughout my menopause! You definitely have the best most helpful community here than other diet sites I have tried! :flowerforyou:
  • Drea760
    Drea760 Posts: 6
    Options
    I moved 16 hours way from family & home after separating from a man I've been with for over 18 years! I was then diagnosed with a autoimmune disease & put on prednisone. So with all of that going on I just went over board. I used alcohol & junk food as a comforter. That is how I have all this extra weight! It all got out of hand way to fast!
  • IslandGirl082911
    Options
    Five years ago,someone close to me passed away and it was the beginning of me starting to use food to comfort myself through stressful periods in my life. In paticular I had many MacDonalds chocolate milk shakes and at 800 calories each it didn't take long to pack on some extra pounds.
  • CaoimheAine
    CaoimheAine Posts: 195
    Options
    Unforeseen circumstances leading to depression and BINGE EATINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, and basically just not taking care of myself.
  • CharlottesArk
    Options
    Quiting smoking mainly. But also comfort eating because of, moving house, planning a wedding, car accident, crappy job. Had to sort all that before I decided to do something about my weight. Wish someone had told me I was putting on weight. Went from a size 12 to a size 16/18 in a matter of months and was oblivious.