"If it's less than 30 minutes, don't log it."

Options

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats her boat. I have a workout that is 20 minutes and it kicks my *kitten*. I sweat like a pig and I am exhausted by the end. It burns a little over 200 calories. That's plenty enough for me to log.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I took the dog for a one mile brisk walk, and went for a two mile run. Total time, about 30 minutes. Calories burned, under 300. I logged it and ate every calorie. Plus one for good measure.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    To each his own but I'm going to log whatever I want to log. Lots of times I walk to lunch and even though it may only be 10 minutes, you better beleive I'm going to log it.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I find myself walking 10 minutes a day of going to and from places. I need those 60 calories. You could be short at the end when logging all meals and snacks and a few calories is all you could need to be under. It counts.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have recently come across an MFP who complains heavily about people who log less than 30 minutes of exercise as exercise. In her opinion, you only log it if you've burned 10 cals/minute for at least 30 minutes...So nothing less than 300, nothing less than 30 minutes...I thought this was a bit crazy, but does anyone else feel like this?

No. It IS crazy.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Absolutely log it! (: Not only does it count (300 is a lot of calories! (: ... I only get 1,200 per day) but it's nice to see - written on the computer screen - that you went out and did something!(: Even if I only push a stroller for 10 minutes I still log it(:
  • autumnlorilee
    Options
    I think that every minute counts when you are trying to lose weight. I know that if I am evening doing house cleaning (i.e. moving furniture and breaking into a sweat) I write it down. Everything we do during the day helps us burn calories so it shouldn't matter how long it was done for.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    People need to stop judging others for what they track.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Exercise can be done all at once, or intermittently throughout the day. Do what works for you.

Either way, you are taking steps towarsd good health and weight management.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    That makes absolutely no sense!
    I mean, I don't log walking for 5-10 minutes at a time when it's part of my daily activity, but if I take a 20 minute walk for the sole purpose of exercise then I'm logging it! It's not like our bodies have a timer for what counts and what doesn't.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hell no! That's crap, I burn alot of calories in 30 minutes, is this person for real, I'll log it if I've done 10 min, lol
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats her boat. I have a workout that is 20 minutes and it kicks my *kitten*. I sweat like a pig and I am exhausted by the end. It burns a little over 200 calories. That's plenty enough for me to log.

Agreed...same here! I workout in the am before work to videos I found online. That and tracking with MFP and I've lost 15 pounds since Jan. Works for me.
  • Ginnie1978
    Options
    I am a VERY busy single mother of 4 boys...I next to never have 30 minutes to dedicate to something (uninterrupted), so this would NEVER work for me...and many others out that are in the same or similar situation as me. I consider my exercise to be mostly cleaning house & playing kinect w/my kids...I get exercise when & how I can!!
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    I disagree... my arm/shoulder/chest weight session was a quickie last night. I still logged it, b/c I'm still proud of myself for fitting something in instead of letting everything else I had to do become my excuse for slacking off.

Use YOUR MFP page the way YOU see fit.

On a side note, I do get a little annoyed by people who only log things like cleaning... daily. But I just shake my head and keep moving. To each their own.

Well said, the same thing bugs me... Or cooking?! Cooking or food prep doesn't count as a flipping calorie-burning activity. Maybe I'll start logging typing...
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Not only does it count imo, and your body will notice too ;) BUT I think it's motivation for us to continue. If you can only do 20 minutes or 10 minutes today, well great! Maybe tomorrow you can do 30, but do what you want!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    I'm on time limits sometimes, so some days I'll do 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there, whatever I can work in. It's better than sitting on my couch, so hell yes I'll count it.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I say use it as YOU see fit and forget anyone who disagrees with YOUR burns on YOUR wall.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    No, I don't agree with that at all.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No way! I log everything. 15 minutes of running to me is DEFINITELY a work out and I deserve to count it.

I tracked everything, food or exercise, no matter how small. Think of it the same way you would food. If you didn't track food just because it was "under 300" calories you would be gaining weight for sure....so I like to think it goes the same for weight loss :)
  • lmdillon123
    Options
    Every little bit counts--that's all a part of the incentive and encouragement!! :smile: