"If it's less than 30 minutes, don't log it."

Options

Replies

• aparker36
    aparker36 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I swim two mornings a week...kicks my butt but it's only 1/2 hour....but I squeeze in about 2/3 of a mile. You better bet I'm logging that!
  • Hey, a 20 minute workout is better than no workout.
    Also, expecting 100cal/10 minutes is unreasonable for some people. Since I'm so small, Im lucky if I hit 250 in 30 minutes.

Agreed. I can burn 10 a minute, dragging my feet on an elyptical. I'd consider myself fit, but I'm 5'10. It depends on the person's weight.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    All I can get in some days is the 30 day shred...and you better believe if I let Jillian kick my butt for 20 minutes (and roughly 200 calories) that I am going to log it!! :happy:

Here here LOL
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    This is YOUR journey, you make the rules. Sometime I only have time for a quick yoga session, but if I'm using it for exercise, I count it! Every minute counts even if it's only 10!

Agreed!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Id have to tell her to mind her own buisness
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well, that's her opinion and in her world, she's right. No amount of arguing with her will change her mindset.

In the real world, exercise is exercise, and every bit counts.

Personally, I tend to "under log" my exercise, just to make sure I don't over eat mine. In 30 minutes of my workout, I burn well over 500 calories, and you bet your butt I log those! lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I believe in quality not quantity. Log whatever you feel is worth logging!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Your friend sounds like an idiot
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything less than 6 hours of cardio.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I
  • krzy4vt
    krzy4vt Posts: 1
    Options
    I am physically able to do short walks at this point until the weight starts to come off then I can increase. That is very discouraging if it doesnt count. The way I see it is that it is more than I was doing before.
  • richiedbond
    Options
    I don't log anything less than 6 hours of cardio.

HAHAHA says the person with the IronMan handle. That is awesome
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    That is as about as stupid as it gets, I run 5ks on a regular basis none of them has lasted more than 27 minutes and I burn 250-400 calories doing it.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I do get a little annoyed by people who only log things like cleaning... daily. But I just shake my head and keep moving. To each their own.

I once saw someone log driving once. She was going long distance and logged burning tons of calories driving. Maybe in Fred Flintstone's car, but not in mine!

I started using cleaning for exercise min's because I clean houses and that was all apart of my sorta active live that I signed on under so I wasn't really counting so I quit unless I do a rental and it takes all day I will use a couple hours of that.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    That's stupid. A burn is a burn!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    This is YOUR journey, you make the rules. Sometime I only have time for a quick yoga session, but if I'm using it for exercise, I count it! Every minute counts even if it's only 10!
    [/quote

EXACTLY - It's about The JOURNEY, it's not really about the Destination~ At least for me...every minute of the day counts.
    I am tracking everything...I love too. I get excited to see what even putting in a minutes worth of sit-ups or push-ups does. It may not burn a lot of calories but I can feel it. Kinda sad to me that the "Purists" on MFP have to be that way....but...let me be a duck and let it roll! LOL

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    All I can get in some days is the 30 day shred...and you better believe if I let Jillian kick my butt for 20 minutes (and roughly 200 calories) that I am going to log it!! :happy:

I agree!!!!!!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Who made them boss of your tracker?

This. And they probably would not be a pal of mine.
  • snuglbunie
    Options
    That's absolutely crazy. I don't burn 300 calories in 30 minutes because of the size I am. The smaller you get, the less calories you burn compared to a bigger person. All exercise counts.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    so if I do 15 min cardio in the morning, 15 abs and body works in the afternoon, and 15 minutes of walking in the eve then I cant log my 45 minutes? I will have to remember that one. cuz I have to do that sometimes and I dont know how I lost 20 lbs then!