You started Jan 1st - but where are you now?

Options

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Became vegetarian Jan 1st, and lost and additional 16 pounds to what I had already lost.
  • ksiverts
    ksiverts Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I weighed 183 Jan 1st - I am down to 173 today (171 a couple of days ago). I would like to know how far others have come. I am also down one pants size.

I am almost exactly following your same path of weight loss - started Jan 1st at 184 and now I'm down to 173 and I am down one pants size and my shirts are definitely less clingy. I must admit that I have not completely cleaned up my diet just yet (still enjoying one too many pastry breakfasts and big pasta dinners), but I want to make small systematic changes over time so that I can stick with this lifestyle over the long haul. I set up MFP to lose 0.5lbs/week. I'm guessing that I'll start losing weight more quickly as I continue to make healthier food choices. Last week I broke down and ate some greasy cheese pizza for lunch (an old staple) and I got so sick afterwards. It seems my body is learning to "prefer" healthier choices. ;)
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I am looking to see where other people are with their weightloss since starting at the begining of the year.

I weighed 183 Jan 1st - I am down to 173 today (171 a couple of days ago). I would like to know how far others have come. I am also down one pants size.

I'm wondering if I should be losing more.

I started at 182 on Jan 1st and I am down to 171! We are just about the same!! Slow and steady wins the race...
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Congrats to all the people who've done so well since the first of the year...or since whenever you started. Great job just getting anywhere losing anything. It is so hard to do when we are constantly bombarded by TV ads that make everything look so darned appealing. It's amazing any of us have been able to resist.

After losing a bit more than 30 pounds since last summer I've adjusted things a bit. In part this is to give me body a chance to create a new equilibrium...sort of get settled and used to the new me. My new plan is to lose 1/2 pound per week instead of a full pound. Lost 7 since January 1st.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im at March 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • monaghme
    monaghme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Started around Jan 5th I think and have lost 17.2 lbs and have gone from shoving myself into my fattest clothing to fitting into them normally now. I am also able to fit into a pair of jeans that I couldnt even come close to buttoning in December.
  • ekloretto
    ekloretto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 3... was 184.6 - today I weigh 168. Down 16.6 lbs or 9% which feels great. I haven't seen as much of a change in clothing as I had expected at this point... went from about 14 pants to 12 (a couple of my old 10's fit too, but only from certain stores). My belt though has moved in 3 notches. I'm thinking I was wearing my old clothes way too tight and I probably should have been looking at 16's. In shirts I still wear a large (my shoulders are too broad for anything less) but they fit much better through the chest and tummy.
  • sunshinyday69
    sunshinyday69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started the year at 182 and as of Sunday was down to 169 so 13 pounds so far. My goal weight is 140 :)
  • brianz72
    brianz72 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am looking to see where other people are with their weightloss since starting at the begining of the year.

I'm wondering if I should be losing more.

We're in the same boat - I started on Jan 1 at 181 pounds and I've targeted a 500 calorie per day deficit. I'm currently down to about 169.

It's important to get a body composition scale. My 12 pound loss breaks down into a 16 pound fat loss and 4 pound muscle gain since I've been lifting weights heavily all year too. So, my body fat percentage has gone from 31% to 22%.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Ive lost a whopping ZERO pounds!!!!!!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm down 38 pounds.

Pic:

BodyShotCompare-1-1.png
  • emalbright
    emalbright Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started January 4th b/c I wanted to loose 30lbs by my 30th birthday which is August 4th. I started at 184 and this morning I was at 168.6. I am happy with my loss so far but feel as though I have hit a plateau the last week or so. Not giving up though, going to push through. I just recently started an exercise regimen so I am hoping that will be the key to get me over the hump!
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 3rd at 160lbs and am now 140lbs so 20lbs down so far. 20 more to go and will be at my goal :)
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started hitting the gym mid december, but not watching diet till joining here Jan.20/11 SW: 174lbs here I am 9 weeks later CW: 161.7 down 12lbs. Feeling so much better!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    1/2/2012 - 242
    3/19/2012 - 223

-19 pounds in 11 weeks.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20 lbs since Jan 8th or so - this past week was the first week that I did not lose any weight. In face, I gained a pound. However, I've increased my calories so here's hoping next Tuesday's weigh day will be better!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Down 21 lbs, weigh in tomorrow n loving it :)
  • Aphrodite3010
    Aphrodite3010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jan 9th started at 264 and currently 242.6. Lost 21 lbs so far!

This is me almost perfectly, I started on the 7th, I was at 265 and am down to 242.9 so about 22 lbs down! I havent gone down a pant size (I'm pregnant though so my waistline is going away for sure!) but I've noticed it in other ways!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Started mid-January, down 15 pounds since. :) Way to rock 2012, friends.
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    hi all,

i started on jan 1st at 181lbs and am now 164lbs well one every1 xxx