You started Jan 1st - but where are you now?

Options

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Started in December just starting to exercise. I started at 190 then. When I joined this site on January 4, which is when I started really tracking things I was 185. I have lost 23 pounds since January 4. My tops are getting looser. My pants are looser. Some things I can go down in size for but not all pants. Part of that is my waist hasn't gone down a whole lot. I am working on that.
  • dhinmn11
    dhinmn11 Posts: 1
    Options
    Lost 9 lbs since the beginning of January (155 down to 146, I'm 5'7"), but more what's exciting to me is that I lost the weight employing a sustainable plan. I don't feel like a gym rat or like I can never have potato chips again, so even though my weight loss is slower than my previous attempts at losing weight, I love that I did it by making a lifestyle change I can stick with.

Great job! I'm down 14 pounds and am doing it the same as you - with lifestyle changes I will be able to sustain this time. My eating has cleaned up considerably, and I do work out more than I used to, but I'm doing both in a long term sustainable way and I won't need to change anything once I reach my goal weight. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • maranatha777
    Options
    Started January 1st at 170 and I am now at 155. I have dropped from size 16 to a 12. My goal weight is 135 so I still have a little way to go :)
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm down 14 lbs and 1 pant size. It seems like its taking forever tho!
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I didn't start until January 30th at 210.4lbs.
    I have lost 18.6 lbs and I'm just starting to notice my jeans getting loose, tops are fitting about the same I think. These last couple of pounds before I lose 20 total seem to be a beast but I'm going to keep pushing.
  • feelingbones
    Options
    I think I've lost 20lbs.
  • ironfozzy
    ironfozzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started January 26th at 196lbs. As of today I'm down to 156lbs (-40lbs).
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 10th at 160.6 and now weigh 148.6! 12 lbs down and I've lost 9.25 inches all over! I went home for the first time since Christmas this weekend and everyone noticed my weight loss! I'm trying to keep the motivation up!
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    I started just prior to Jan 1st. I began at 260. I'm not jumping between 242-237lbs. (Just under 20lbs lost, but I'm hoping to make that benchmark tomorrow on my weigh in day) I have gone an entire pants size. Mostly it's the little NSV things that have me excited. I have more energy, my mood is better, I can see my collarbone for the first time in years, my confidence is high enough that I've started to see a new guy... but I still struggle with self image and all the same things that were issues when I was at my heaviest. (I lost 30lbs last year, without MFP) It's a work in progress, but I'm feeling good about the progress I've made so far.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i took my weight Jan 1st and was 305.6
    i am now 299.2 ( i didn't start really trying till the last couple weeks)

i have an average of .5 pound a week (without really trying) im happy with that
    now i am kicking it up and plan to try for 2 pound a week average for the next few months, then im switching back to 1 pound a week for a while (this is lifestyle change for me , not just a temp diet)
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    I actually started Jan. 16th and I was 186. Now I'm 161 and I've gone from a size 14/16 to a size 10.

this is inspirational to me, that was my starting weight and you are were i would love to be now but ive been slacking, thanks for sharing...this reminds me how bad ive been doing! lol
  • sthompson30
    sthompson30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Jan. 16th at 188, I'm down to 175! I've lost 13 lbs!
  • jomiley23
    jomiley23 Posts: 76
    Options
    Down 18.5 pounds, and 1 pant size. I plateaued early on and lost a little momentum in February. I took a weekend off and lo-and-behold, the weight started coming off again when I kicked it back up the next Monday. March has seen the best results so far, although this week I'm retaining a little bit of muscle-repair water weight after adding in more exercise (Fluctuating up/down by 1-2lbs). This has been the month of "Dang...you're losing weight. Good job!" and several NSV's! If I hit another plateau, I will try what worked in February. But it takes 21 days to start a new habit. I've definitely made MFP and calorie counting a habit. Now I am trying to add exercise and water consumption something I seriously do habitually.
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great thread! Congrats to everyone! New Years resolution or not I think there is a lot to be said about everyone's accomplishment in such a short period of time. About me, I started Jan 4th at 204 pounds. I am now down 28 pounds to 176. My total lost goal is 69 pounds. Good luck everyone! I would love to see another update from everyone in June!
  • Yvesdiva
    Yvesdiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Totally with you. I feel like I should have achieved more loss. I'm down between 15 and 13. But my clothes are falling off. That's pretty awesome.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started January 3rd at 195, I've lost 21 lbs and weighed in at 174 this week. Almost halfway to my goal!
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    I was 221.5lbs on January 2nd, & I'm currently 196lbs, so down 25.5lbs since January! Wow, when you put it that way, I'm quite proud.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I actually started Dec 17th. 163 lbs down to 138.4, nearly 25 lbs in exactly 95 days.

Moderate calorie deficit, lifting heavy 3 times a week, walking the dog and maybe elliptical once a week.

I've gone from a size 13/14 to a size 6/8
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Down 10lbs since January 2nd :bigsmile: Almost halfway to my goal!
    I've only just started to notice a difference visually though.
  • Merrie67
    Merrie67 Posts: 15
    Options
    I started on January 1st as well and was a hefty 184.5 pounds and am down to 151.5 as of this morning. I exercise at least one hour a day and am using the Weight Watchers program. It truly works and I feel great. 14 more pounds to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!