You started Jan 1st - but where are you now?

Options
I am looking to see where other people are with their weightloss since starting at the begining of the year.

I weighed 183 Jan 1st - I am down to 173 today (171 a couple of days ago). I would like to know how far others have come. I am also down one pants size.

I'm wondering if I should be losing more.

Replies

• CrashSL
    CrashSL Posts: 2
    Options
    Started January 1st at 135 lbs and lost 9 lbs and went down 2 pants sizes.So more or less the same as you . Slow and steady wins the race :D
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started actually watching my nutrition on Jan. 4th (I've been working out since September 2011, though). Since January 4th, I'm down 21 pounds, but I'm just barely starting to see a difference in clothing sizes. Shirts are definitely fitting better/looser and my current pants are just starting to get loose.

I have a long way left to go, though.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I actually started Jan. 16th and I was 186. Now I'm 161 and I've gone from a size 14/16 to a size 10.
  • nora110
    nora110 Posts: 24
    Options
    Ive lost 12 pounds total since Jan. 1.
    7 of that has been since I've been on MFP.

My goal is 35 total.
  • jwilson2001
    jwilson2001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am down 13 pounds since Jan 1st. It is slow but steady! I am seeing a difference in the way my clothes are fitting but not enough to change sizes yet. Great job everyone!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Started the day after Christmas, down 33 with 17 to go.
  • ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am down 9lbs but I KNOW I've lost inches! I wish I had taken measurements off the bat, but I didn't! Ack! I have one more week before I will take them again. I gave up beer on NY Eve and haven't touched a drop since. The pants I bought at Xmas are in the goodwill pile now and tops are much looser. I have quite a ways to go however.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 1. Down 30, 20 more to go, kind of been on a plateau for the past two weeks, bouncing around a 2 1/2 pound range.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Jan 9th started at 264 and currently 242.6. Lost 21 lbs so far!
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 2. I am down 19 lbs as of this morning but hit a plateau for almost 3 weeks.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I started around Jan 1st (not on MFP--I started MFP a couple weeks later) and I was at 170 lbs, 35% body fat. As of now I'm down to 157 lbs, and about a month a go had my body fat % checked and it was at 34%, so I suspect it's gone down a bit since. I've also lost 2 (almost 3) pants sizes!! I was a 14, and now I'm in a 10, but I JUST bought a pair of size 10 shorts a couple weeks ago, and put them on yesterday only to find they were a little loose. And I got to wear a size 8 dress last weekend on vacation :)

I've tried like a million times to lose weight, but this time it's actually working because I've been patient and trusting the process. I'm eating more than I used to when I tried to lose, more whole foods that don't come from a box, and doing a lot more heavy strength training than ever before...and I'm noticing some major changes. It's SO exciting to see results like this!!
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 1 and I'm down 25 lbs.
    I am almost a full pant size smaller. I have a way to go but I passed the 10% loss mark and I am over 1/3 of the way to goal.
  • srl2673
    srl2673 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Started Jan. 1 at 223, I now weigh 214. Good work everyone!!!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started January 3rd at 212 pounds. I'm currently around 193, so I've lost about 19 pounds. I honestly feel like these 10 pounds in the 190's have been really hard to lose. But I'm sticking to it though... I've still got 48 pounds to go until I reach my goal. :)
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started my most recent weight loss journey on January 1st at 186 lbs (size 18 Lee jeans, a little loose) with the goal of losing 1 pound per week. Some weeks I have lost nothing, other weeks lost a couple of pounds, but as of Monday I have lost 11 pounds and am now at 175 pounds (just got into size 16 Lee jeans), so I am right on target, and should be at 173 by April 1, the 13 week mark. I took my measurements on Jan 1, but won't take them again until April 1. It's more encouraging for me to see the change in inches after a 3 month period than every few weeks.
  • emilyci
    emilyci Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i started january 1 at 195 and have lost 14 pounds. i have not lost a single pound for the last 3 weeks, but i am hanging in there. i can definitely see and feel a difference though, which helps keep me motivated.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 5lbs since starting MFP in Mid January. I'm eating 1200 calories a day plus my fitbit adjustment. When I go back and compair how many caloires fitbit has said I've burned for the day and compair it to what I've eaten...the deficit I have is pretty close to what I've lost. I've been only loosing about a half pound a week. I'm ok with that....as long as the inches come off and the scale is moving in a downward trend. I refuse to starve myself. I've got to stick with it and make it work this time. This is a forever journey.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 12 at 230lbs. I'm now at 210 and have lost 3 inches off my waist and 2.5 off my hips. I didn't measure my thighs, wish I did because I know they are smaller as well! =)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    down 19 pounds.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I started Dec 5th but went into full force January 3rd joined the gym and started MFP. SW in Dec was 198, In Jan 187 and currently 170.8.