Options

Replies

• TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am laughing out loud at the duct tape comment! Too funny
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    Yes, gross. But your reply is hilarious!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Lean Xtreme... you will never want to eat and wont be able to sleep.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get any pill support on MFP- most people here are doing it the old fashioned way...

Aside from eating whole foods as everyone before me has just suggested you should BE PATIENT and try eating smaller meals. Hopefully some health nut will chime in here... (to verify accuracy and perhaps break it down better than me)

Ever notice how the day after Thanksgiving or a vacation you're ravished the next day? Your smooth stomach lining in your muscle stretches if you eat too much in one sitting. Causing you to be hungry the next day. To feel hungry less often you have to literally shrink your stomach (intestine) by eating less at one time. Eventually your stomach will shrink to the size of your meals and you won't feel hungry as often.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You burn calories when you eat; i.e., it takes energy to digest your food. Even more so for breakfast! That's why it's important to eat every 3-4 hours. Ideally, breakfast/lunch/dinner with 3 snacks in between.

Also, watch you ratios (protein:carbs:fats). Everyone is different but my current ratios are 50:30:20. I eat 100%. I suggest following someone's diary to see how they're are eating. Minimize processed foods. Unprocessed foods are always better for you and you burn more calories eating "real" food than not.

Lastly, WATER, WATER, WATER!!! I drink 1 - 2 gallons of water per day. I include herbal teas with that total but it's mainly H20. I don't drink anything "diet". No diet soda, no diet energy drinks, etc.

Fat loss is simple but it's not easy. Once you get the hang of it, it's fun! :-)

Good luck!

There is no need whatsoever to eat many, many times during the day. THREE snacks inbetween?? I wouldn't have enough calories left for dinner for crying out loud.

It burns calories to digest food sure, but you take in more calories when eating that exact food you wish to digest.

Personally I have never eaten all meals with three snacks into the bargain. Oh, hold on, I did, that is what got me overweight!
  • macylane4
    macylane4 Posts: 224
    Options
    have surgery on your gall bladder and have complications! im going through that right now and HATE food!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Comes see the mens room at my work after my coworker blows it up, won't mouth block you..but will make you sick enough to not want food.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Don't you just love how someone post on forum then runs....WHERE ARE THOSE TOES???:angry:
  • ccoons
    ccoons Posts: 1
    Options
    Phentermine does help but only when you take it doesn't help you in the long run at all! I got trapped in the loop of taking it on and off for two decades!!! It definitely worked, I was thin but the minute I went off it, the weight started coming back again. I found this great book (among many great books on the topic of emotional eating) called "Shrink Yourself" I am finally starting to deal with my emotional eating and I have found that my seemingly uncontrollable hunger is no longer there. I have been working on dealing with my emotional eating for 2 1/2 months now and I am off the phentermine.
    Hope that helps.
    C.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Try Balut.......I hear it's great at supressing appetites.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    You're not going to get any pill support on MFP- most people here are doing it the old fashioned way...

Aside from eating whole foods as everyone before me has just suggested you should BE PATIENT and try eating smaller meals. Hopefully some health nut will chime in here... (to verify accuracy and perhaps break it down better than me)

Ever notice how the day after Thanksgiving or a vacation you're ravished the next day? Your smooth stomach lining in your muscle stretches if you eat too much in one sitting. Causing you to be hungry the next day. To feel hungry less often you have to literally shrink your stomach (intestine) by eating less at one time. Eventually your stomach will shrink to the size of your meals and you won't feel hungry as often.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

This is so true!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I literally put a chair and a trash can blocking my path to the kitchen after I eat my dinner. I have to really think about it that way, by stopping to move crap, and it stops me from boredom eating.

Also, I took up cross stitch which engages my brain and must keep the appetite center busy plus I finished a present for my mother-in-law for Christmas which she loved. Win-win!
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Duct tape over your mouth.

You made me laugh! :D
    Thank you!
    Maybe the duct tape will work...but in the mouth of the people that annoy me :P
  • tantalee
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

What? :(
  • superstankazz
    Options
    You really don't need a pill to do this. Just eat more protein in your diet. I have cut almost all carbs out of my diet and have been eating a lot of protein and I am rarely hungry even at very very few calories a day.
    I second this advice! I've cut ALL carbs from my diet and limited my calories to 1200 and have not felt one single hunger pang! Ketosis will kill any shred of an appetite!
  • tantalee
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day?

1200 base, but i exercise around 300-800 calories and eat 50% of what i exercise
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, can anyone give me some suggestions for high protein things for someone who doesn't eat meat. I am lacto ovo so eggs and milk are fine......

Quest Bars. High protein, very high fiber, low in fat, very very little to no carbs, gluten free, all natural. They're made with both whey and milk protein though, and I don't know how you feel about whey..
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You really don't need a pill to do this. Just eat more protein in your diet. I have cut almost all carbs out of my diet and have been eating a lot of protein and I am rarely hungry even at very very few calories a day.
    I second this advice! I've cut ALL carbs from my diet and limited my calories to 1200 and have not felt one single hunger pang! Ketosis will kill any shred of an appetite!

I don't think its the ketosis. Its the lack of insulin surge and subsequent carb crash that keeps the hunger away.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    burnt food. Does it every time for me.