What's For Breakfast

Options

Replies

• Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    I have a question about breakfast. I have NEVER been a breakfast person...really just a coffee person. :drinker: I have been told over and over (for months now) if you eat breakfast, it starts your metabolism, you eat less later, etc... However, when I have tried to eat breakfast, it has backfired in my face. I understand the science and logic behind it, but does anyone know why I am not having luck with breakfast? Some examples of the breakfast foods I was eating are oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, and toast. I do love eggs, so occassionally, when time allowed, I would eat those also. But again, whenever I eat breakfast I tend to get hungrier sooner. Help!!:sad:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    I too, must take all of my food for the day (7-4) to work with me. Last night I made myself an omlette to bring- I was sooo proud of myself. It really *is* all about planning.

So this morning I started my day w/ a 6 almonds, and then had coffee w/ sugar free creamer, a 2 egg omlette cooked in a bit of natural grapeseed oil, w/ 1 slice of smoked turkey and 1 pc of sargento lite string cheese, and 1/2 sliced tomato on the side. It was delightful to say the least. It was so good I felt like I was *cheating*!!!!
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    Pirate - I'm the same. If I eat breakfast, I get hungrier sooner... I never used to eat breakfast at all.... Now I've given in a little, by eating something, if not much. I have my main meal at the end of the day, but it's not so bad because I do my exercising mainly first thing in the morning. Think you gotta work with what you got. lol

Breakfast on most days for me, is a Penguin Big Stix... basically 2 long thin chocolate penguin biscuit bars (but without the chocolate cream in the middle). 130 Calories. Lovely with a cup of tea. :happy:
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you HopTuNaa...what are penguin stix?
  • tightwyfe
    tightwyfe Posts: 1
    Options
    I juiced: 2 Carrots, 1 celery stalk, 2 apples, 1 banana, and 5 strawberries. Then I had 2 handfuls(15) Orville Redenbacher mini Smartcakes (caramel). The best breakfast I've had in a while!!:smooched:
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Special K breakfast bar and an apple
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee w/ milk -the perfect cafe au lait (If only I could have a beignet with it...lol)-I have to get this shipped to my house as I live in Georgia.
    Packet of Quaker Oatmeal-High Fiber Cinnamon Swirl

Not bad...only 202 calories, and good fiber to keep me full.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi 'Maid', Say you beat me here.

I am haing my usal cottage cheese and blackberries and ice water..
    Going to the store this morning and pick up a few thins. Like eggs , strawberries and some fresh veggies
    I have never heard of anyone going grocer shoppin on their lunch hour . But that one way of doing it. Smart girl. Seeyou around Friday is my WI day. Hope some fall off by then.
    Calie.
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    1 sausage and 1 fried egg, plus an apple if i am not full. Total calories of 180 :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Burrito:

1 small flour tortilla
    3/8 cup egg beaters
    1 tbsp real bacon bits
    1/2 laughing cow herb & garlic cheese wedge
    1 wheat italan bread. toasted w/ I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray

Total: 208 cals, 24g carbs, 6g fat, 17g protein
  • connie96
    connie96 Posts: 22
    Options
    The usual...

1 cup Kashi Autumn Wheat Cereal
    1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla
    1 NatureMade softgel vitamin
  • kelligirl
    Options
    7:15 a.m. Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Muffin w/ coffee.
    9:00 a.m. 1/4 gala apple & 2 raw almonds (to take vitamins with)
    10 a.m. 1 egg omlette w/ smoked turkey, lite cheese & brocoli, cauliflower, carrot mix
    1/2 c. sliced strawberries
    water w/ lemon
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I decided tot ry something to different today and so glad I did it was DELCIOUS!!!
    I had an egg white omlette with, mushrooms, tomates, sliced turkey, fat free cheese, salsa and fat free sour cream. The whole thing was only 170 calories and so feeling I ate it about 3 hours ago and am still stuffed from it!!!
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    1 pkt of Oatmeal - cranberry
    1/2 cup watermelon
    1 string cheese
  • tamcamp
    tamcamp Posts: 2
    Options
    How do you burn 1000 calories on the elliptical in 1 hour? Is that normal or are you working out really high intense?
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Special K with light vanilla soy milk & splenda.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    How do you burn 1000 calories on the elliptical in 1 hour? Is that normal or are you working out really high intense?

Hello tamcamp :heart: welcome to the breakfast bunch. glad to have you. This is really interesting to see what other mfper's are eating.
    Calie
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    tagging for ideas later. :happy:
  • kelligirl
    Options
    Coffee w/ sugar-free creamer for starters at around 7:30 a.m.
    Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Muffin (mmm, mmm,mmm!)
    A few almonds.

At 9:30 or so,
    1/2 frozen blueberries w/ a T of sugar free creamer (out of yogurt)
    1 Sargento's lite string cheese.

It really pays to think ahead to the next day... I'm missing my omelette this morning. That will teach me! :happy:
  • RikkiLeigh
    RikkiLeigh Posts: 22
    Options
    Afternnon.

I had 2 Kallo rice cakes with a slither of Philedelphia extra light cheese - A cup of Lemon Detox tea and a bad! mid morning snack of a wispa bar!!
    Whoopss!

Tagging - so i can steal all your ideas ... Mwaahahahaha

Rikki __x