Obese woman wants to become world's fattest

Options

Replies

• WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This thread is really interesting. I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I'm actually quite surprised by the responses here. I just found MFP this month and, aside from the convenience of the iPhone app, the thing that has most impressed me is the community of people. Up to this point, I have encountered so much positive energy, so many people cheering each other on, not being judgmental...

This thread though, is full of some hate, and I don't get it. I'm not excusing this woman's behavior, and I agree it's not a "healthy" lifestyle. But it's her body and her life. I understand how the fact that she has children makes this a selfish decision on her part, but aren't most of us here because we've made similar selfish decisions?

One of my biggest motivations is that I want to be able to keep up with my 5-year old. But what have I been doing for the last five years? Failing to get in shape and take good care of myself. Am I disgusting? Am I mentally sick? I spend a lot of time with my kid - I think I'm a great dad. But I have not been taking care of my body and it is affecting my ability to keep up with him a little. Do I deserve the same kind of derision this woman is receiving?

Is the difference that we *want* to change? Is it because she has accepted and even embraced her weaknesses that makes us angry at her? Does she represent the part of us that we self-loathe - the inability to make good choices for our bodies? Does it make us feel better about ourselves to judge her? I am genuinely curious.

You seem like a cool guy.
    Now, point by point.

>But it's her body and her life.
    It is indeed.

>I understand how the fact that she has children makes this a selfish decision on her part, but aren't most of us here because we've made similar selfish decisions?
    Yep. Only it's "different" because we felt guilty about it, as per society's rules.

>Does it make us feel better about ourselves to judge her?
    Hell yeah.

>Does she represent the part of us that we self-loathe - the inability to make good choices for our bodies?
    Maybe. Personally, I'm just the teensiest bit jealous of the whole "I eat whatever I want" deal that she's got going on, but then again, she IS morbidly obese as a result.

>Is it because she has accepted and even embraced her weaknesses that makes us angry at her?
    Yep. It ain't healthy, what she's doing, and she fails to exhibit any sense of shame. When you are that fat, it is against the unwritten rules of society to be okay with it. It is REALLY against the rules to be HAPPY about it. She just refused to drink society's flavor-aid, because she prefers pepsi. As a result, people are...upset.

As for any mental problems she may or may not have, I think that she is depressed and is self-medicating with food. She's depressed because she lost the battle of the bulge. Now she is eating her feelings. Everything thing else is a facade; an attempt hide the truth from herself and everyone else. But that's just my theory~

AS FOR EVERYONE WHO KEEPS MENTIONING ANOREXIA

Ahem. Anorexia involves eating as little as possible due to a skewed internal body image. Those people are in hospitals because it is unnatural to deliberately deprive oneself of food for these reasons. It is normal to want to eat. It is normal to eat. It is normal to want to eat a lot, and it is normal to crave sugar, salt and fat. It is not normal to want to deprive oneself of food due to a skewed self image.
    This woman is not in a hospital (yet) because her problem is with having waaaaay too much of a GOOD thing. Food is good. You need food to function. It is not good (for a myriad of reasons) to eat oneself into the size of a japanese apartment. (Think 12' by 12')
    And! People don't need to stop feeding obese people. They need to stop feeding them the wrong things. They can go get the McD's themselves. The apple, they can have.

And now I am going to exercise, because think I'm about to be in a mess of trouble.
    Internet kitty out!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have to say I was a little appalled at some of the post in response to this article. I can understand this on other non-weightloss related forums but here I was always under the impression that this is a place where people wouldn't pass judgement on others for there weight issues. Guess I was terribly wrong and this definitely may chance my mind about what I share here. It is so easy to pass judgment when you have never stood in her shoes.. Being 30-40 pounds over weight even 100 pounds doesn't put you in the mindset of someone her size. I have always said there isn't a whole lot of difference between 360 and 560 lbs. Denial plays a big part into this process and having walked (hell what am I saying at 560 lbs. I couldn't walk) in her shoes, I can tell you my family was the last thing I cared about. They tried for years with interventions and every time they pushed, I pushed twice as hard.. They always at the problem, Not me!!! (at least that is where I stood in my mind) When I fell in to severe depression and denial I told myself if I didn't let anyone in than no one could ever hurt me.. So I turned to food for comfort, it was the only thing in my life that never judged me, it made me feel good, and was always there. Did I feel the guilt from eating 4 big mac and 2 large fries and a large shake, hell yes but the guilt only lasted until I was hungry again then I would repeat the cycle.

When you get on that side of the fence and know that you have 200-300-400 pounds to lose, it is easier to embrace the fact that you are destine to be morbidly obese.... It just seems impossible to lose 2 lbs. let alone 300+ lbs. Do I agree with her life choices, heck no but I understand there is more to it than just what you see in pictures and read from someone else... She will hopefully one day realize what she is doing to herself and her family but until that day comes there is no voice loud enough to get through to her because she or whoever has to want the change, it can't be forced upon you.. When I finally started to realize that maybe it was me that had the problem it was thanksgiving of 08 and I notice I was sitting in the front room in my broken down chair working on my 5th plate of food and trying to decide what desserts I was going to start in on that I realized my whole family was in the other room and I was alone, They was laughing and having a good time.. Same thing happen at xmas and by May of 09 I found myself in my chair with a loaded hand gun for 3 days trying to figure out how to kill myself and not leave a mess for that same group of family that for the better half of 10 years I had ignored including my wife and kids... But unlike some posters on here that would sooner blow her off and act like they could give a crap less about this useless so called waste of space (atleast that is the impression I got) my family didn't give up on me, they just waited patiently for me to see what I was doing to myself and the prayed for me and when I finally had the AHA moment they surrounded me with the Love and support I was going to need to put up the biggest fight of my entire life.. and 33 months removed from that day I choose life!! I am living proof EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE is worth saving!!! No matter how far gone they may seem. So I for one am going to Pray for her and all those like her and even you all, that what ever problems you are facing in your life that you find the strength to overcome them and learn that you can't do this alone.... Ok hopping off my soap box....... Just my 2 cents...............

May 2009

2009May2.jpg

Feb 2012

2012-01-15120616.jpg
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    disgusting. What a moron.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I had to stop at the part in the video where she picked up her stomach fat to sit down, like someone might pick up a skirt before sitting on it.

Yeah, I don't know what world of delusion she was living in, but that can't be "healthy".
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    :noway: I saw somwthing where in 1906 the WORLDS fatest man only weighed a little over 400lbs!!! now its a common accurance.. Kinda sad what the norm has become!:frown:
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    The thing that gets me the most is that she looks so happy. Truly happy.

She's obviously not as generous in brain matter as in body mass.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wow...I had not heard about this, but that is insane!!! I guess if she wants to be the most "something" in the world and get the attention she wants, she is on the right track. Just crazy though.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is so sad! She's going to die!
  • MarieAnneN
    MarieAnneN Posts: 205
    Options
    We have the same problem here in Canada.

My point of view : once you are there, you should not be able to have insurance or anything else paid by the gvnt to help you heal. Non sens that other fellow citizens should pay taxes to help out these dumb persons that just don't help themselves out.

I will have ennemies saying that but frankly, there are people in need for real and we can't help...
  • Welshcakes
    Welshcakes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ugh. At least it's not Donna frickin' Simpson.
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thats just to achieve her 15 minutes of fame. It will pass. I work with someone who said shes 'X' amount of weight away from being allowed to park in the handi-cap stalls or to receive an orthopedic mattress from the health insurance company?
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Who would do that to themselves.. =/

And why did anyone put it on tv? She isn't news, she is a freak show attraction.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

.....and donates her spare flesh to the burns unit at the local hospital or something.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We have the same problem here in Canada.

My point of view : once you are there, you should not be able to have insurance or anything else paid by the gvnt to help you heal. Non sens that other fellow citizens should pay taxes to help out these dumb persons that just don't help themselves out.

I will have ennemies saying that but frankly, there are people in need for real and we can't help...

You just said what every Canadian is thinking. Good for you to have the courage to come out and say it (and let the slow clap begin!)
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    This is sad. It is an obvious cry for help. She couldn't lose the weight so she decided to get attention by being the absolute supreme ruler of obesity.

If she wants MY fat she can have it! :drinker:
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    This is beyond the point of pathetic. Anyone who puts personal "vanity" in front of the wellbeing of his/her kids is an idiot in my book.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Hope the fire department there has a plan to remove her from her house/apartment when she needs to go to the hospital. And I bet she'll be the first to scream about how undignified it was to be transferred to the hospital in a uhaul instead of an
    amber-lamps

****ing people. **** like this is how Fire/EMS get hurt. **** her.

First off I just have to say that I am not a fan of the language use/non use but I totally agree!!!! My husband and daughter are both firefighters and she is an EMT going to school to be a paramedic. We just have to pray that these people and the people who are there to help her stay safe and healthy.
  • Kimc935
    Kimc935 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think she is just in denial, couldn't get it under control and decided to get attention with it. We all at some point go into denial, I did. I told myself " I just want my husband to love me for who I am not my weight" Well, that went over like a lead balloon. I now have a new attitude love fitting into my thin clothes and don't want to stop. I bet if she had the right counseling she would change her mind. She is killing herself. IDK if this is the same story but there was a lady doing the same thing and her husband loved her fat and fed her. UGGG so sad..
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    She's so addicted to food that she created a way to give herself permission to eat whatever she wants.
This discussion has been closed.