Options

Replies

• aleka1961
    aleka1961 Posts: 18
    Options
    This is awesome, thanks! I Will try it.
  • FireballStrike
    Options
    Have been looking for this thread! Was gifted a package and it's been sitting in my fridge for inspiration. Bump.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    bump
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    going to have to check them out
  • TeenageSwag
    Options
    Those noodles are good =)
  • susan1024
    susan1024 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Bump....just noticed these on a Groupon deal (I didn't buy), but researching it out (the few brands that are out there) and will check my Asian market tomorrow as I hate to get them online, rather buy a bag or two and try vs a big pack of them to justify shipping. I saw there was a rice option as well.

Found a few tasty looking you tube videos so far to try, but want to spend more time reading your posts on it.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried the new miracle noodles infused with spinach? they say the texture is better. I haven't bought yet.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just tried to dry fry these noodles and im not sure if I did this right. They started to shrivel up? I had it on high and had them on about 7 minutes or so. Its almost like they started disappearing!

I have eaten these noodles 3 times. The first time with pasta sauce and I thought they were yuk.
    The second time after reading this topic, I dry fried them and added them to stirfried vegies and Asian stir fry sauce- they were really good.
    Last time I dry fried them too long, the shrivelled up and were VERY hard to digest so the secret is to no fry them too long. Next time I will just try rinsing really well then drying them on some kitchen paper towel.
    Love the fact that they are so filling.
  • LJ102011
    LJ102011 Posts: 110
    Options
    BUMP!
  • amshand
    amshand Posts: 1
    Options
    I just tried them for the first time last night.

I didn't know what I was doing, but lots of people online recommended "dry frying" them so I sprayed my wok down and threw them in. After 5 minutes, I set the noodles aside.

I then sauteed 1/2 cup of cauliflower in a tbsp of olive oil and a little garlic as if I was making stir fry. Once the c-flower was mostly cooked, I added a 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth and 1 can of chicken meat (you know the kind - looks like tuna but it's actually chicken and has like 1g fat per serving). Then I dumped the Shirataki noodles back in, let it all simmer on low for a few minutes.

I scooped the soup in a bowl, topped it with Siracha to taste.

IT WAS AMAZING. The only thing I wished was that I had a green veggie too for a little color and next time I'll use cubed chicken breast instead of flake. It reminded me of ramen noodle soup, only TONS better and better for me. I think I calculated my dinner at just over 200 calories, and barely any carbs. It was a little fattening because of the olive oil and chicken but it was good for me fat from lean meat and veggie oil.

I am so excited to play around and create more things. That's just what I did with what I had on hand - imagine if I just came home from a full shopping trip.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Love me some Shirataki!:heart:
  • rosewatershay
    rosewatershay Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping for later, will have to try

• arps05
    arps05 Posts: 2
    Options
    They work GREAT for a "pad thai" type of dish...light soy sauce, reduced fat peanut butter, sesame oil, chicken, etc. - it's great! You're right about the "fishy" smell, but I did a quick 1-minute dunk in boiling water, dried them off, then tossed them into my wok, and it's fabulous! I personally used the tofu/shirataki one... I don't mind the 40 calories...I needed them lol.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Is the texture of shirataki noodles similar to dangmyeon noodles? (The Korean glass noodles used for japchae.)
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I just tried to dry fry these noodles and im not sure if I did this right. They started to shrivel up? I had it on high and had them on about 7 minutes or so. Its almost like they started disappearing!

This happened to me too! I bought the Nooodles brand. Shriveling up is the best way to describe what was happening. They didn't taste bad or anything, I just wasn't sure if I was doing it wrong or had left it for too long or what. Any suggestions?
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would say too long as that is what I did. The first time I just let them lose a bit of moisture but the next time they shrivelled were very dry and hard to digest.
    I am going to just mrinse them well next time and dry them a bit on paper towel.
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I would say too long as that is what I did. The first time I just let them lose a bit of moisture but the next time they shrivelled were very dry and hard to digest.
    I am going to just mrinse them well next time and dry them a bit on paper towel.

I eat them every day and have never had that happen-- but I've never purchased that brand, either. I've cooked the heck out of then and never saw anything remotely like that happen. Very strange!