Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump. Never purchased because I hear horror stories about the smell and texture. Gonna try the Chelle dry-fry Method lol

^^ Same here. I'm going to buy some & try to dry-fry them. : )
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    Finally found them on my second trip to T&T. They were right where I looked the first time so I asked and the sweet lady said they can't keep them in stock - I blame you Chelle! :laugh:

Its going to be a noodle dinner here tonight!
  • Niamh621
    Niamh621 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey...loving the posts. I have just joined and am on my weight loss journey! There is a website in Ireland that stocks Shirataki Noodles so I am going to place my order. The website is bargainbuy4you.com in case anyone else is looking for them. Wish me look!!!! 26.4lbs to go.....
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If there are any Canadians that live in BC, AB or ON, these can be found at T&T supermarket. They carry both Tofu and non-tofu versions of this noodle. I bought mine for $1.59 a pack.

BUMP!

I made my noodles and veggies like a stir fry and they were yummy. Thanks!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info! Can't wait to pick some up. When you use them in pho, do you still dry fry them first?
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    bump
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try them!:drinker:
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try these as well. Thanks for posting about them. :)
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    In the Chicagoland area they're available at Mitsuwa Market in Arlington Heights, 7 oz. package for $1.09

They sell them online at www.mitsuwa.com
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info! Can't wait to pick some up. When you use them in pho, do you still dry fry them first?

Usually yes. Occasionally, no. If you don't dry fry them then wash them REALLY well with very hot water.
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My husband and I are now going to give these noodles another shot. I am hoping for the best!
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I looked at prices on skinny noodle and miracle noodle and found amazon had better deals. Just waiting for my pkg to arrive to try them out for myself. I bought the angel hair and fettucini.
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've read through virtually all the posts here and i don't think anyone has asked yet: how many servings are in a bag? i know its an 8oz bag which is usually 4 servings, but does that weight include the water? Would a bag be enough for 3 or 4 people? Also do these noodles come dry-packed without the water in them? Thanks
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I love shirataki noodles. Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!
    Well I just tried tofu shirataki noodles ... found them at Loblaws and was like HEY I heard of these ... must get me some! 7 oz for $3.50 ... expensive ... but I wanted to try them! We had them in a stir fry ... OMG amazing! Just found a place that sells 14 oz for $2 ... got three packs! We are going to put a full 14 oz pack in the stir fry because the 7 oz didn't seem like enough (there are two of us). It's like two servings each I believe but I don't see anything wrong with that!

Yeah they smell bad at first but you can easily get over it!
  • sockergurl04
    Options
    I bought a few bags of miracle rice since my oriental background includes a LOT of rice eating. I didn't like the miracle rice alone, but if I mix half miracle rice and half jasmin rice I can handle it much easier, sooo I didn't cut out all my rice carbs and calories, but at least I was able to cut them in half!
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    THEY ARE GROSS!!! i TRIED THREE DIFFERENT NOODLE TYPES AND THE TEXTURE MADE THEM ALMOST UNBEARABLE! I SENT THEM BACK AND GOT A FULL REFUND.

I'll stick with my spinach pasta.
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've read through virtually all the posts here and i don't think anyone has asked yet: how many servings are in a bag? i know its an 8oz bag which is usually 4 servings, but does that weight include the water? Would a bag be enough for 3 or 4 people? Also do these noodles come dry-packed without the water in them? Thanks

Does it matter what a serving is if there really aren't any calories at all in them????
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In general, I love any Japanese food ^^ I'll have to look for these noodles. I don't think any of my recipe books from the Japanese supermarket uses shirtaki, but I'll try searching for recipes in Japanese to see what comes up. Thanks for the post.