Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• WEBAyahoo2
    WEBAyahoo2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @RoseyDgirl... thanks for the Amazon.com sale tip but I cant find it... could you post the link on here or email me the link! Thanks
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    http://www.getskinnynoodles.com/dealoftheday.asp

this is the website (external company) that I got from amazon. I believe this particular sale runs through tomorrow - but I hope they'll run others. Also, they allowed paypal payment which for external vendors is my way to go. I hate providing my payment information to a bazillion different online stores.

• sing809
    sing809 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, I finally tried these tonight. I tried the House Food brand Tofu Shiritaki and dry fried them in a nonstick pan with a bit of olive oil spray. I thought the texture was great. There are only 20 calories in the whole package. (Two servings, but I ate both) I will definitely buy them again. I topped them with a great low carb meatball recipe that I found online.
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/03/low-carb-meatballs-alla-parmigiana.html
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    yes, It's my new favorite food - and only because of this thread that I discovered them. :)
    -
    - I must be eating them every day now. And I feel sooo spoiled to be eating carb free pasta.
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Francoisee wrote: »
    If you go to the Miracle Noodle website and look under "recipes" you can download their 87-page book of recipes free during the month of July.
    Also this month! All of November
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm ordering some too! Plan to use them in this Pho recipe: http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2011/08/22/miracle-noodle-pho-recipe/

Thanks soooo much for this thread.
  • gcwillig
    gcwillig Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread! I bought some today. Rinsed, dry fried and served them with a marinara sauce. Chewier than a "regular" spaghetti noodles, but WONDERFUL! I am so glad to be able to have pasta again!
  • Andrea_Jean
    Andrea_Jean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find the angel hair cut to be the best cut of them. They have the most normal texture when you just boil them straight out of the package as compared to thicker noodle styles. The flat noodles aren't bad either.
  • brandynbongo
    brandynbongo Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm going to have to give these another shot I guess... When I brought them home the first time... I went by the package instructions: rinse then boil for a short amount of time.... Rubbery indeed. I'm all about 2nd chances tho... Dry fry it is!
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this thread bump. 4 years later. Would've never found it! This lady is a treasure trove of recipes.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So I saw this thread yesterday and drooled over the recipes and i've always been curious about these, but this thread made me bite the bullet and try some. I could only find the Zero Noodle ones at Walmart with the tofu, so that's what I got. I rinsed them under hot water, stuck my hands right in there and rinsed and squeezed and rinsed, then I dried them off and dry fried them. After they were nice and dry, I added some Sesame teriyaki and fresh garlic and heated them up thoroughly.

My intention was to eat them under my stir-fried veggies that I make all the time, so I can cut out the rice I add.

Conclusion: I was really afraid of the texture at first, but it ended up not bothering me at all, they were just like a chewy ramen noodle. What I wasn't expecting was they do have a very distinct smell and flavor. IIt was different than when I opened them before I rinsed them. It was not fishy and it did not wash or cook out. It overpowered everything, including the garlic I had sauteed it with. It was pungent and I just couldn't get past it, as much as I really wanted to. :( I really, really wanted to love these things. You have no idea. I wanted to come in here and give them a rave review.

I can't describe the odor. It's not unpleasant but it's not wonderful. It's weird. I was able to eat small bites of it at a time and it didn't taste terrible either, so maybe it's just my brain being fussy because I was so nervous about trying them.

I will have to give them a second try, maybe the zero-calorie ones, and maybe boil them for several minutes instead of just rinsing and drying them. At this point, my entire house smells like them and I have a pet-odor candle and two scented wax burners going. I can't even smell the garlic. :(