Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I think they are great. Love making different recipes with them.
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have found them at Fred Meyer (Kroger grocery stores) they are pretty inexpensive. You can also use spaghetti squash instead in place of any pasta
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Having them tonight! They are a go-to for "pasta" night - a fresh marinara meat sauce smothered overtop with parmesan. Absolutely fixes my pasta craving!!!
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump. Gotta try this. I love noodles.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I tried it tonight. Prepared by a hot water rinse, and a dry fry. It tasted fine, the texture was like al dente al dente. Not bad for my first run. Looking forward to making it again to work on the end result texture. Thank for your tips!
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    thank you for this!!! <3
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the texture of the fettuccini, but I love the angelhair. I'm going to try the dry fry. Thanks!
    15738887.png
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am so completely addicted to these now. Absolutely delicious for my stirfry cravings!
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    ok, I have to find some of these to try. I didn't realize the low calorie/carb content and if they come out being like Spaghetti - I'll be so psyched to have this type of food back into my diet. :)
  • MsHarryWinston
    Options
    RoseyDgirl wrote: »
    ok, I have to find some of these to try. I didn't realize the low calorie/carb content and if they come out being like Spaghetti - I'll be so psyched to have this type of food back into my diet. :)
    I JUST finished my lunch. I tried the fettuccine shape for the first time with Italian pasta sauce (I normally use angel hair and do Asian stir fry). I added chicken and sautéed mushrooms and topped with marble cheese. It was DELICIOUS! 338 calories (I added extra cheese and sauce otherwise it would have been 2-something) and I'm so full I'm about ready to fall into a coma on the couch.
  • amperl8
    amperl8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katerz86
    katerz86 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RoseyDgirl
    Options
    I found some of the shirataki noodles in the asian store near me - I was surprised that the price was higher than what was written here - $3 a package (300 gr). I bought 4 of them and have been adding them to some of my meals... I may have to order them online if I find a website that offers more variety. The Asian store only offered Spaghetti thickness noodles and patty shape ones that you cut to the size you want.
    -
    - I'm a huge fan of these noodles now. Dry Frying makes all the difference. :)
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I do not like them one bit, i'd rather just eat pasta...

I guess I could try them again....or make them into a stir fry...
  • imagination_fragments
    Options
    I've found them at my local Asian market but for a "small" package its almost three dollars. The ones I found are packaged in water and in the refrigerator.

Is there a dried version that's cheaper?
  • MsHarryWinston
    Options
    I've found them at my local Asian market but for a "small" package its almost three dollars. The ones I found are packaged in water and in the refrigerator.

Is there a dried version that's cheaper?

Nope they all come in water, but they don't HAVE to be stored refrigerated. In the Asian store I get them for $2.50. More expensive here than most people on line mentioned too.
  • MauraSay
    Options
    Celle,

I know it's nearly three years on, but I must thank you for this method. I'm not much on cooking, but I have bought these noodles a few times and have tried different ways to dry them; surmising that if they were dry they would be able to absorb other flavors.

Your method was brilliant (and easy).

I've now reaffirmed confidence that I can lose weight because I will not have to fight with hunger.

Truly cannot thank you enough.
    Maura
  • RoseyDgirl
    Options
    there's a special I found on Amazon for an 18 pack of Skinny Noodles for $39 and no shipping costs. And, it's a variety pack with fetuccini, angel hair, rice, and spaghetti. I'm really excited that I'll have more options for cooking with these. :)

Since learning of the no-carb Shirataki (almost a week now) - I've been cooking with them almost daily. It's a life-saver - I keep waiting for some shoe to fall telling me I'm ruining my diet...