AGE IS JUST A NUMBER SO STOP JUDGING!!!!

Options
wifeyy
wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
I wonder why the younger MFP users always trying to make older ones feel so old!

I mean come on, this is about encouraging each others regardles of age.
i am 28 and like all ages to be on my friends list as long as they are supportive and i have notice that most much olther ones are very supportive. we will all be old some day so please stop this age thing that is going on here!

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Is it now? Have a seat.. I have a few questions..

chris-hanson.jpg
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Pedobear.png
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have not witnessed any ageism on MFP. Can you point to any specific examples?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel really old. :cry:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    There's a lot more hatred toward McDonalds than old people around here... since all of the regular pedo-memes are covered, I just thought I'd add that I have yet to see any ageism on MFP.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the younger MFP users always trying to make older ones feel so old!

I mean come on, this is about encouraging each others regardles of age.
    i am 28 and like all ages to be on my friends list as long as they are supportive and i have notice that most much olther ones are very supportive. we will all be old some day so please stop this age thing that is going on here!

Wow, I'm almost 40 and never noticed any ageism going on here. Maybe I don't go looking for it. You're young, enjoy it. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just stalked up on my candy van for the olds.

visual_werthers_us.jpg

free-candy-van.jpg
  • jcpmoore
    Options
    There's a lot more hatred toward McDonalds than old people around here...

^^^^
    This!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but it makes me sad that you feel old at 28.
  • jcpmoore
    Options
    Just stalked up on my candy van for the olds.

visual_werthers_us.jpg

free-candy-van.jpg

Ah yes, the "taking candy from the baby" bit. lol j/k
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but it makes me sad that you feel old at 28.

After 21 it's all downhill.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Theres an age thing on MFP?

If you are talking about people who only want to add between a certain age well thats their choice, some people are not comfortable around older or younger people. And some people feel they have nothing in common with older or younger people and they want to surround themselves with like minded people. I don't think thats really agism, I think its a personal thing...
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel really old. :cry:

haha exactly!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about? And since when is 28 old? You don't have to worry about turning 30 until you're 29. :flowerforyou:
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed any of that... but just in case I look better and feel better now that I am 36 than I ever did when I was 25...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This post says more about you than anyone else. I'm about to turn 47 and never once have I felt any sort of age related anything. It's been a great experience so far.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A few examples are ''i need friends of my own age''. oooo and i am not cliaming i feel old but this should be all about ecouraging so i will friend even a 100 years old as long as they can encourage.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    A few examples are ''i need friends of my own age''. oooo and i am not cliaming i feel old but this should be all about ecouraging so i will friend even a 100 years old as long as they can encourage.

This didn't require a *****y thread to be posted about it. Some people relate better to those that are near their own age.

For me personally, I prefer people without a stick up their *kitten*, no matter what age.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

What's wrong with wanting friends you can better relate to? It's not ageism just because you don't want everyone to be your friend.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

That's you. Some people might feel that they can relate better to people who are their own age. Just don't be friends with them. *confused*