AGE IS JUST A NUMBER SO STOP JUDGING!!!!

Options

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Haven't noticed it, wouldn't care if I did. :-) Age is just a number and SELF-CONFIDENCE is just an attitude. MY attitude. :-)
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time, people older than you, were your age. True story.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    A few examples are ''i need friends of my own age''. oooo and i am not cliaming i feel old but this should be all about ecouraging so i will friend even a 100 years old as long as they can encourage.

This didn't require a *****y thread to be posted about it. Some people relate better to those that are near their own age.

For me personally, I prefer people without a stick up their *kitten*, no matter what age.

Ah, yes. Ditto. All ages, no sticks.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I don't make judgements based on age.

.....just on level of creepiness.

creepydoll.jpg
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Theres an age thing on MFP?

If you are talking about people who only want to add between a certain age well thats their choice, some people are not comfortable around older or younger people. And some people feel they have nothing in common with older or younger people and they want to surround themselves with like minded people. I don't think thats really agism, I think its a personal thing...

I totally agree I talked to a 19 yr old (btw not all 19 yr olds are like this). She no sense at all about why she wanted to lose weight and how. I am trying to be supportive not parent. There are young ppl on my page and older ppl the ones focused on weight loss are alright w/me.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and proud of it! In the best shape of my life!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Just stalked up on my candy van for the olds.

visual_werthers_us.jpg

free-candy-van.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: gotta love the free candy for the oldsters!!!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time, people older than you, were your age. True story.

Its true....and when I was your size, I was twice your size....
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i think it is helpful to have mfp friends one's age b/c they're more likely to share one's life experience level/have roughly the same struggles in their weight loss/fitness journey (as a twentysomething i'm going to have a hugely different financial/social situation as someone in their 60s). i don't think it's ageism to want to connect to people who can relate better, insofar as getting certain types of support), but intergenerational support is also useful in different ways.

i love my older mfp friends - they never make me feel like i'm being talked down to, and they're inspiring to me. most of them have spouses/families and still manage to work out and have great food diaries; i don't have those obstacles so it is definitely motivating to me to see them juggle all that and still come out on top. really, the same with the younger ones/the people my age, i find everyone motivating in various ways. that said. i don't really check ages when receiving a friend request. cute photos of animals in their profile pic are more of a draw. what? i'm shallow. :D
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but it makes me sad that you feel old at 28.

I'm old at 28! I've got two kids with special needs, a disabled brother, crazy parents, and I'm fighting not to lose my home after layoffs. I've been old for a long, long time.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm dead, but I refuse to lay down.

ZOMBIES!!!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I agree, I don't appreciate people that are in the early 20s posting topics with a certain age bracket in the subject (typically 18-25 or 18-26) and then they proceed to say that they like to keep their friends list "young"

I've been 27 for 3 months and I am no different now than I was back in december! Very uncool for these people to try and put others down for something so ridiculous as one's age.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What!! People are mean and ignorant sometimes. I've never seen it on mfp because I have friends of all ages on my friends list but I know people have done it to me. I'm young and so a lot of older women pick or make statements saying its easy because I'm young and young people have fast metabolisms. I'm thinking to myself. How so? If I have a fast metabolism and its so easy I would have never been obese in the first place. Smh Ignore the ignorance!
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't make judgements based on age.

.....just on level of creepiness.

creepydoll.jpg

alf;kja;ofejia;olfdja;l

aeorfiajf;aje;flkjae;ofija;odfjia;lkdjf;aleijioa

IRL RECOIL
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The only thing I could think is just things in common and the weight loss progression. Younger people are said to be able to lose weight faster so maybe some people just want people in the age range bc of that? And maybe some people are actually wanting to make friends on here so they stick with people in their age range? Ill be friends with anyone, im not particular and I am not ageist, just my thoughts
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If 28 is old, I must be dead. :yawn:
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel really old. :cry:

LMAOOOOOOO!! Me too.
    Sheesh. I'm nearly 40.

But I haven't noticed any derogatory comments regarding anyone's age. Young or ooooooooooooold, like me. *laughs*
    Then again. I'm pretty new.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I've been told I act like I'm at LEAST 25 1/2. I'm mature, damnit.
    HAHAHAHAHA! Coffee out the nose and everything! Epic!
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've never felt old on MFP! The only time I feel old is when my 8 year old GRANDSON bunji jumps at the fair and asks me to try.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Until this post, I didn't realize anyone judged anyone for their age. I'm ancient apparently by your standards (51), but I just had a friend of mine tell me the other day that hanging out with me makes her feel 19 again. It's in the attitude. That being said, I usually don't have people in their 20's on my friends list.. not a hater.. just don't relate as well.