AGE IS JUST A NUMBER SO STOP JUDGING!!!!

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but it makes me sad that you feel old at 28.

After 21 it's all downhill.

Oh no, I'm going to be past my prime in a couple weeks O.o
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 59. OMG, I just crawled out of my own grave!

Oh god this made me laugh so hard I nearly peed. :laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Damn whippersnappers :grumble:
  • sweetpickle66
    Options
    I'm dead, but I refuse to lay down.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Happens both way. Im only 20 so a lot of people think I know nothing *shrug*
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    LOL, I don't think it's age at all, like minded folks want like minded folks and those who want to eat 1,000 calories a day and starve themselves don't want someone their mom's age telling them to eat more :)
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You know what else is a just a number? 11

Damn you, 11, with your skinny numerals!

lmfao i dont even know why thats funny
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've only really noticed the "I need friends my own age" thing with the early 20's crowd but I'm sure it happens with other age groups. my guess is that if you search groups you might find one for every decade or half decade. Bottom line is why do you get upset by it? you can't be everything to everygroup so find the people you do click with and add them to your friends list and since age isn't important to you don't select them based on age. I personally think clicking with my fellow 40 plus women just means we're all suffering the same slow metabolism and decrease in natural hormone production so we have some common ground to grouse about, but to each his own. Do I care that a 21 year old would rather have 21 year old friends no because lets face it we come here for support and ideas that will help with weight loss not to date or hang out for that we can FB or go out with our established friend groups in the actual world as opposed the cyberspace one.
  • shirleycottrell
    shirleycottrell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Guess I better delete myself off of here. I am 67 have 8 children, 33 grand children ages 2 to 27, and soon 7 great grandchildren. Been married almost 50 years and down 30 pounds. Good luck to all you young things
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Guess I better delete myself off of here. I am 67 have 8 children, 33 grand children ages 2 to 27, and soon 7 great grandchildren. Been married almost 50 years and down 30 pounds. Good luck to all you young things

8 kids? You must be one tough lady!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have not witnessed any ageism on MFP. Can you point to any specific examples?

I was thinking the same thing.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    The younger crowd *cough* guys *cough* have made me feel welcomed. Matter of fact I just deleted a bunch of them because I was feeling too welcomed. ;)
    I <3 me some MFP!

*And sorry guys, nothing personal. I just need to focus on fitness and not the "V".
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i turn 39 this year, and i've never been more fit.
    i wouldn't want to go back to my 20s.

i adore and encourage all my MFP friends, regardless of age.
    even the ones that are really old. like, 40.

Phew, I'm still young for another couple of months!! :happy:

Edit: oh crap only for another month and a 1/2!!! :cry:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

lol hehe...that make me crack up!! I'm 53 so I'm "old" as well :laugh:
  • tempestgirl
    tempestgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ANYWAYSSSS......

Add me people! (: Need Some more friends!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    rjdwfo.jpg

Omg this is AMAZING.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    So you are 28 and that is old?! Thanks a lot for making me feel old! I am 27 and was pretty sure I was still young and had a lot of life left in me. Thank you so much for crushing this young...I mean old woman's heart :cry: :brokenheart:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    When I first joined here, I sought people close to my age (57) because I thought no one younger would want to talk to me. I have teens who 'Oh...mom...." me enough about my FB statuses to make me feel I'm hopelessly lame.

But, as time goes on, my friends here are of all ages, and it's amazing how much I have in common with them, above and beyond fitness. I try to act as 'age neutral' as I can, though I'm sure my age shows in the way I 'talk' and the subjects that interest me. But, so far, my friends have been very tolerant with absolutely no multigenerational tensions at all.
  • amiegrubb
    Options
    hi my name is amie as u can c and i have been doing this for about three weeks and i have lost 8 lbs. I am excited and would like support from people doing the same thing. If u r seroius and would like friends to talk and motivate u then add me..