AGE IS JUST A NUMBER SO STOP JUDGING!!!!

Options

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Crap. I think my cousin is older than me. Deleted!!!

You made me laugh. But you're old. Sorry. We can't be friends.

Oh no. We could totally be friends. I get to be the old person. All my friends have me on their list because they feel sorry for the old guy. Have you no pity woman?
  • amiegrubb
    Options
    well i just turned 34 last month and i only feel old when i am around teenagers.lol
  • amiegrubb
    Options
    cute..
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Although I have friends of all ages and believe that a healthy lifestyle is not limited to a certain age group....I have never seen any 'ageism' going on on MFP. As far as people looking for friends in their own age group or life situation....that doesn't offend me at all!!!!!

Example - me 53 year old menopausal woman with children grown and out of the house. My healthy lifestyle challenges are going to be different then someone that's say 19 in college.... or 20 and 30 something still having babies and raising small children. it doesn't mean we CAN'T be friends or relate to one another and give each other support. It just means that it's also nice to find friends that are dealing with the same adversities in life that we are.
  • amiegrubb
    Options
    congrats on the 32 lb..
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but it makes me sad that you feel old at 28.

THIS! I thought 28 was young. ;)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Guess I better delete myself off of here. I am 67 have 8 children, 33 grand children ages 2 to 27, and soon 7 great grandchildren. Been married almost 50 years and down 30 pounds. Good luck to all you young things

Shirley, you better not leave. You're bad *kitten*, sister!
  • StaceySMC4
    Options
    I am 46 and the young have embraced me more than people my age on here so I really haven't felt any bias on here at all to be honest. I think everyone has been very supportive towards me and I am grateful for that. Just ignore them and keep doing your thing! P.S. 28 is NOT OLD. I would do anything to be that age again! God Bless! PEACE
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    A few examples are ''i need friends of my own age''. oooo and i am not cliaming i feel old but this should be all about ecouraging so i will friend even a 100 years old as long as they can encourage.

I draw the line at 115. Up to 114, we are good, but over a that, ****em.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but it makes me sad that you feel old at 28.

Exactly! :laugh:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When I first joined here, I sought people close to my age (57) because I thought no one younger would want to talk to me. I have teens who 'Oh...mom...." me enough about my FB statuses to make me feel I'm hopelessly lame.

But, as time goes on, my friends here are of all ages, and it's amazing how much I have in common with them, above and beyond fitness. I try to act as 'age neutral' as I can, though I'm sure my age shows in the way I 'talk' and the subjects that interest me. But, so far, my friends have been very tolerant with absolutely no multigenerational tensions at all.

You're awesome, your kids just haven't noticed yet, give them time to wise up, we were all young and foolish once!

I don't get why people are weird about ages, I tend to try to friend people who I have something in common with, but age isn't really isn't an issue for me. To each their own I guess.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I'm 52 and many of the people on my friend list are in their 20's or 30's. I find them to be some of the funniest, wittiest, knowledgeable people that I've had the pleasure of being acquainted with. Many of them have faced incredible adversity already in their young lives and they have much to share from those. I don't think they look at me as "the old guy" (maybe they do - but they don't make me feel that way). If somebody chooses not to friend me, for whatever reason, that's okay with me, whether it's because I'm old, or because I'm an azzho!e, they have reason enough.
  • TurtleCrush
    Options
    CAT FIGHT! CAT FIIIGGGTTT!

LOL!!! You are so funny! :)
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    You're right OP age is just a number, and pedophilia is just a word.

On a more serious note I've seen no-one discriminate based on age, people ask for someone around their own age group (whether then be 18 or 50) and if you ever read some of the replies you'll see people will post (for example) "looking for friends younger then 20", and yet people who are nearly 30 (oh the horror!) will respond and say "yeh so I'm 28 but I still feel 18" and get friended all the same by people on that thread.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    A few examples are ''i need friends of my own age''. oooo and i am not cliaming i feel old but this should be all about ecouraging so i will friend even a 100 years old as long as they can encourage.

I'm 30 first of all, so I am probably considered old haha... But anyways, when I see a title like this, it reminds me of how I've felt in the past, my closes friends have been my mother's age or older, and I needed some people who can relate to somethings I'm going through and some people who can share in the things I'm going through with me. I also have friends who are much younger, I have no issues at all with people of any age, but it is nice to have people in your life who is around the same age and can go through certain things together.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I happen to be a 59 yr old who feels like a 20 year old - so hey - 20 year old...why doncha come up and... see me sometime......?
    (totally wasted on the 20 year olds who probably never hoid of Mae West)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I'm 52 and many of the people on my friend list are in their 20's or 30's. I find them to be some of the funniest, wittiest, knowledgeable people that I've had the pleasure of being acquainted with. Many of them have faced incredible adversity already in their young lives and they have much to share from those. I don't think they look at me as "the old guy" (maybe they do - but they don't make me feel that way). If somebody chooses not to friend me, for whatever reason, that's okay with me, whether it's because I'm old, or because I'm an azzho!e, they have reason enough.

You lost me at "seriously".... after that it was just blah, blah, blah, something blah. You must be old.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

You lost me at "seriously".... after that it was just blah, blah, blah, something blah. You must be old.

and you must be mean... damn kids anyway
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You're right OP age is just a number, and pedophilia is just a word.

Hey sweetie......want some candy? ;-P
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ready for my dirty nap here