AGE IS JUST A NUMBER SO STOP JUDGING!!!!

Options

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    i turn 39 this year, and i've never been more fit.
    i wouldn't want to go back to my 20s.

i adore and encourage all my MFP friends, regardless of age.
    even the ones that are really old. like, 40.

I try not to feel too sorry for the really old ones. It's not their fault they are ancient.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You may have a 50 year old who behaves like a 20 year old so age is JUST A NUMBER.

I'm glad you are comfortable making friends with people of any age, but why are you judging people for having a personal preference in their own relationships?

I am not judging anyone here but just to let others who feel they need their age group know that older ones can be very encouraging as well.

People need to WIDEN OUT.! !
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i turn 39 this year, and i've never been more fit.
    i wouldn't want to go back to my 20s.

i adore and encourage all my MFP friends, regardless of age.
    even the ones that are really old. like, 40.

I try not to feel too sorry for the really old ones. It's not their fault they are ancient.

You made me snort my ice water.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just stalked up on my candy van for the olds.

visual_werthers_us.jpg

free-candy-van.jpg

Dude, kids don't like sugar free. You'll catch more with the full sugar ones.
  • solpwr
    Options
    You may have a 50 year old who behaves like a 20 year old so age is JUST A NUMBER.

What's with those old people trying to pretend that they are kids? Shouldn't they just GROW UP already?
  • original_cake_face
    Options

What's with those old people trying to pretend that they are kids? Shouldn't they just GROW UP already?

50 is the new 20, didn't you get the memo?
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You know what else is a just a number? 11

Damn you, 11, with your skinny numerals!

LOL!

I think overall people on MFP are incredibly supportive, if I see a thread with requests for a certain age group, I don't let it bother me. It is all about what makes you feel comfortable.

I have made some friends on MFP that are "older" in age, but let me tell ya...their fit bodies rock & are MAJOR inspiration! :wink:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I was just saying the same thing to this 18 year-old girl on here the other day, "Look,baby, age is just a number."

The rest of you? GET OFF MY LAWN!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I'm glad you are comfortable making friends with people of any age, but why are you judging people for having a personal preference in their own relationships?

I am not judging anyone here but just to let others who feel they need their age group know that older ones can be very encouraging as well.

People need to WIDEN OUT.! !

Well, you sure made them regret their decision to exclude you. Now they will all want to be your friend. :smile:
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think the OP was trying to encourage younger ppl on here (like herself) to be friends with us old ppl on here (over 40).

With that being said.... I am SOOOOO guilty of ageism. I don't FR anyone under 35. Nothing personal I just don't think I would be very encouraging or inspirational at this stage in my journey. And I want/need encouragement and direction from women my own age.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Some of the younger folks do this because it makes them feel more comfortable. I often see this trend with folks just out of high school or in college - their peers are all 18-22, so they tend to user a smaller age group for stuff. This is sort of different after you graduate or go to higher education when a 5-10-20 year age difference doesn't matter so much because people of all ages are your peers.

If people want to limit an age range for friends to feel more comfortable, I tell them go for it. MFP should be what each person wants from it, ya know?
    A few examples are ''i need friends of my own age''. oooo and i am not cliaming i feel old but this should be all about ecouraging so i will friend even a 100 years old as long as they can encourage.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I think the OP was trying to encourage younger ppl on here (like herself) to be friends with us old ppl on here (over 40).

With that being said.... I am SOOOOO guilty of ageism. I don't FR anyone under 35. Nothing personal I just don't think I would be very encouraging or inspirational at this stage in my journey. And I want/need encouragement and direction from women my own age.

That's not ageism, you just prefer friends who you can relate to and have had similar life experiences. We do that in real life, why should the internet be held to a different standard?
  • solpwr
    Options

I don't have anyone one my friend's list older than me. At least I don't think so. I better check. They will be deleted if they are.
  • solpwr
    Options

I don't have anyone one my friend's list older than me. At least I don't think so. I better check. They will be deleted if they are.

Crap. I think my cousin is older than me. Deleted!!!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am 24, and 28 is not old. I have seen no agesim on here either.
  • original_cake_face
    Options
    Crap. I think my cousin is older than me. Deleted!!!

You made me laugh. But you're old. Sorry. We can't be friends.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    now I feel REALLY old and had not felt that way on here before this thread...
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the younger MFP users always trying to make older ones feel so old!

I mean come on, this is about encouraging each others regardles of age.
    i am 28 and like all ages to be on my friends list as long as they are supportive and i have notice that most much olther ones are very supportive. we will all be old some day so please stop this age thing that is going on here!

Really???? Honestly, I have never run into this situation, not once, not ever, not toward myself or any others.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm 59. OMG, I just crawled out of my own grave!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but it makes me sad that you feel old at 28.

After 21 it's all downhill.

Ha! If it's "all downhill" after 21, then you aint doing something right!

Every year gets better and better in so many ways!

BTW, I've never seen whatever the OP is referring to.... :ohwell: