Black Team week 2

Options

Replies

• ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I just had to say that this challenge has been great for me. I do not have a scale to weigh my meat, but I have been measuring and logging. We were camping this weekend so I wasn't able to log it into MFP, but I did write it all down and entered it yesterday. I learned a lot about my self control (or lack thereof) while were gone. Despite it all, I was pleased with the scale when I took a peak this morning. I hope to hold steady for tomorrow's weigh in.

Anyway, I'm just chatting about nothing.....have a good day friends!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Haven't checked in here in awhile...it's so easy to get lost in all the posts. :laugh:

I've been doing good with my eating though yesterday was tough. Cookout food just isn't all that great for you when youre eating with people who do not care about quantity or calories. :laugh: I did good, though....kept my portions small and within my allotted calories.

I'm still wishing it was the weekend....especially sinces it's my day to work 14 hours (I do that on Tues and Thurs).

Everyone have a great week and see you at weigh in tomorrow!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Andrew - hope you don't get the kids cold. I just started feeling like I might live today..

Bobbi - don't worry, you'll be back in no time, just listen to your body - the last thing you need is an injury

Janie, Thank you for the encouragement. I definitely do not want any injuries.

Andrew, Vitamin C. You don't need a cold.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Lynnie, I love your bike. Hubby read the post and now he is walking around humming the song. We got ours out of the basement and are getting ready to ride too.:smile:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Happy day before our weigh in black team!

I am still battling with myself over getting back on track. I'm not doing terrible, but not great. I need routine and it's been so jacked up the past 3 weeks. I'm not using it as an excuse, but I know that about me. When I get out of my routine I find myself floundering around and doing things I usually won't do. (What I really meant to say is eating like crap and not exercising!)

I am the kind of person that needs to plan ahead, needs to think through things, needs to stay on the path I made, etc. When I'm busy and other things are requiring my attention, I find I don't put myself as a priority and then bad choices are made.

I spent my walk this morning thinking about where I'm going wrong and what I'm still doing ok. Thanks for being here black team. It's good to have a place to reflect!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Lynnie, I love your bike. Hubby read the post and now he is walking around humming the song. We got ours out of the basement and are getting ready to ride too.:smile:

Awesome Bobbi, I am getting ready to ride. I am in love with riding. I think I am going to put an odometer on the bike. BI-cycle, BI-cycle!
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    I need some cardio advice. I have tendonitis in my knees.....I am trying to walk through the pain, but it feels like someone taking an ice pick to my knee caps! Has anyone experienced this. Doc told me to ice and rest it, but I don't want to go off the wagon on my cardio, I feel like if I go off of it I won't come back to it. He doesn't understand. UGHHHHHH!!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Awesome Bobbi, I am getting ready to ride. I am in love with riding. I think I am going to put an odometer on the bike. BI-cycle, BI-cycle!
    I want to-o ride my-y bicy-y-cle, I-I want to-o ride my-y bike--
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Hey all!!!!! How's everyone?

Lori - I'm the same way. I know that once I get out of routine, I just tend to make bad decisions. You'll get back there though! For sure!!!!

I so don't want to be at work right now. At least it was a beautiful weekend and I got to spend lots of time with BF, who I'm just going to call Jim now, because that's easier. He works nights so we don't really get to see alot of each other because even on days he doesn't work, he's asleep during the day. But he had this weekend off too and we got lots of family time in. :heart: It was great.

Last chance work out tonight, then weigh in tomorrow. This morning I was back down to 210, which is last weeks weight. I hope to be down more by tomorrow though. Water water water!!! :drinker:

We'll see how it goes. I'm not expecting miracles (this week, anyway. :laugh: )
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!!! How's everyone?

Lori - I'm the same way. I know that once I get out of routine, I just tend to make bad decisions. You'll get back there though! For sure!!!!

I so don't want to be at work right now. At least it was a beautiful weekend and I got to spend lots of time with BF, who I'm just going to call Jim now, because that's easier. He works nights so we don't really get to see alot of each other because even on days he doesn't work, he's asleep during the day. But he had this weekend off too and we got lots of family time in. :heart: It was great.

Last chance work out tonight, then weigh in tomorrow. This morning I was back down to 210, which is last weeks weight. I hope to be down more by tomorrow though. Water water water!!! :drinker:

We'll see how it goes. I'm not expecting miracles (this week, anyway. :laugh: )

Vanessa you will get there girl! You have done soooo awesome!! You are a force to be reckoned with! Keep on a trucking girl! You can do this!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Happy day before our weigh in black team!

I am still battling with myself over getting back on track. I'm not doing terrible, but not great. I need routine and it's been so jacked up the past 3 weeks. I'm not using it as an excuse, but I know that about me. When I get out of my routine I find myself floundering around and doing things I usually won't do. (What I really meant to say is eating like crap and not exercising!)

I am the kind of person that needs to plan ahead, needs to think through things, needs to stay on the path I made, etc. When I'm busy and other things are requiring my attention, I find I don't put myself as a priority and then bad choices are made.

I spent my walk this morning thinking about where I'm going wrong and what I'm still doing ok. Thanks for being here black team. It's good to have a place to reflect!

Lori,

I know what you mean. I have found myself in the past 2 to 3 weeks struggling off and on:sad: . I can really sympathize with you. But I know that if we keep on pushing ourselves we will get back on track. Keep up the good work and don't give up:wink: .

We've come to far to turn back now!!!!!!!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday black team.

Back to work and not liking it... :grumble: :indifferent: :grumble:

For all who have issues with bike seats, try the padded bike shorts. They sell them at most store that sell workout stuff. Would never have survived Spin class without them.

How does that go, Marla - in, out, in, out? Mine so far is like: in, cough-sputter-cough, in, cough-sputter-cough-wheeze-swear.. but I'm working on it.. :wink:

Have a great day all. :flowerforyou:

Janie
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Happy Tuesday black team.

Back to work and not liking it... :grumble: :indifferent: :grumble:

For all who have issues with bike seats, try the padded bike shorts. They sell them at most store that sell workout stuff. Would never have survived Spin class without them.

How does that go, Marla - in, out, in, out? Mine so far is like: in, cough-sputter-cough, in, cough-sputter-cough-wheeze-swear.. but I'm working on it.. :wink:

Have a great day all. :flowerforyou:

Janie

I'm am just picturing my thunderthighs and muffintop in a pair of rubbery looking shorts.:huh:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Sherry- yes we have come too far to give up. I'm not giving up, cause if I gain the weight back I'll have to wear bed sheets! I refused to keep the bigger clothes around.

I think after you've been doing it for awhile (this is month 9 I think) it's hard to stay 100% motivated all the time. Plus, I'm close to my goal weight, fairly happy with things (as happy as I'll ever be without surgery to fix stuff) and in no race to get to the end.

I do get irritated with myself if I slack off, but by the same token, this is for life. Nobody can stay spot on for life can they? There will be times that it's ok to ease up. The trick is to make sure the easing doesn't take you back to where you started.

I was 153.8 when my hubs came home from Iraq exactly 3 weeks ago today. We have eaten out more times than I can count (he's been deprived of all that he loves and I'm getting thrown under the bus with him... but that's another story), my parents came to visit for a week, I've been at the school a lot for end of the year stuff, we've gone to several cookouts to socialize, my hubs has also been off work this whole time, etc. My food has been off, my exercise has suffered. I feel pudgy, I feel fat, I feel gross. HOWEVER, I was 155.6 this morning.

How can I gripe too much? Yes that is a gain, but it's really not all that bad. It's a head game for me. I think I've done terrible, so in turn I allow myself to feel terrible. I also think there is that part of me that knows how easy it is to gain back and it scares the beejeebers outta me. In reality, I took a 3 week hiatus to live a little! Just gotta keep telling myself that. If I say it enough, maybe I can start to believe it.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I'm am just picturing my thunderthighs and muffintop in a pair of rubbery looking shorts.:huh:

Well.... if you get high waisted ones you can tuck in the muffin top and it might work like a girdle and if they are long they can conceal and suck in the thighs! Just a suggestion. Always trying to help! :laugh:

Furthermore, Lynnie is hot not matter what.
  • lynniejones
    Options

Well.... if you get high waisted ones you can tuck in the muffin top and it might work like a girdle and if they are long they can conceal and suck in the thighs! Just a suggestion. Always trying to help! :laugh:

Hmm I'm wondering if I can tuck my bewbs in too.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sherry- yes we have come too far to give up. I'm not giving up, cause if I gain the weight back I'll have to wear bed sheets! I refused to keep the bigger clothes around.

I think after you've been doing it for awhile (this is month 9 I think) it's hard to stay 100% motivated all the time. Plus, I'm close to my goal weight, fairly happy with things (as happy as I'll ever be without surgery to fix stuff) and in no race to get to the end.

I do get irritated with myself if I slack off, but by the same token, this is for life. Nobody can stay spot on for life can they? There will be times that it's ok to ease up. The trick is to make sure the easing doesn't take you back to where you started.

I was 153.8 when my hubs came home from Iraq exactly 3 weeks ago today. We have eaten out more times than I can count (he's been deprived of all that he loves and I'm getting thrown under the bus with him... but that's another story), my parents came to visit for a week, I've been at the school a lot for end of the year stuff, we've gone to several cookouts to socialize, my hubs has also been off work this whole time, etc. My food has been off, my exercise has suffered. I feel pudgy, I feel fat, I feel gross. HOWEVER, I was 155.6 this morning.

How can I gripe too much? Yes that is a gain, but it's really not all that bad. It's a head game for me. I think I've done terrible, so in turn I allow myself to feel terrible. I also think there is that part of me that knows how easy it is to gain back and it scares the beejeebers outta me. In reality, I took a 3 week hiatus to live a little! Just gotta keep telling myself that. If I say it enough, maybe I can start to believe it.

Bed Sheets-:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: --now that's a good one. I know what you mean. I need to get rid of my ooolllllllllddddddddddd bbiiiiiiigggggg clothes:laugh: :laugh: . I was a size 20 in February when I started and now I am in a 16.

I lost my mom tomorrow will make 4 weeks ago and it has been tough. My exercising and eating have been off to and I know what you mean about the scared feeling of gaining it back. I just told my husband that same thing this morning. It is also hard sometimes to eat right when you are the only one out of six people in the house that is trying to make a difference by eating right and exercising:grumble: . But I know that I have to do this for me because no one else can do it for me. I am diabetic, so it is very important for me to keep going forward and not backward. We can do it!!

PS--Thanks for the laugh (bed sheets :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ). I needed that.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options

Pssh-- amateur.:noway:
  • Marla64
    Options

Hmm I'm wondering if I can tuck my bewbs in too.

Only if you can fit the lizard in, too-- hee.
  • Marla64
    Options

Bed Sheets-:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: --now that's a good one. I know what you mean. I need to get rid of my ooolllllllllddddddddddd bbiiiiiiigggggg clothes:laugh: :laugh: . I was a size 20 in February when I started and now I am in a 16.

I lost my mom tomorrow will make 4 weeks ago and it has been tough. My exercising and eating have been off to and I know what you mean about the scared feeling of gaining it back. I just told my husband that same thing this morning. It is also hard sometimes to eat right when you are the only one out of six people in the house that is trying to make a difference by eating right and exercising:grumble: . But I know that I have to do this for me because no one else can do it for me. I am diabetic, so it is very important for me to keep going forward and not backward. We can do it!!

PS--Thanks for the laugh (bed sheets :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ). I needed that.:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Bless your heart, Sherry-- so much that you've gone through, and still trying to forge ahead.

I am so impressed. So many people use their pain as an excuse-- I'm so proud.

Keep going forward, woman-- we're here to help.

God bless you!!